Search This thread

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
question to any1 that knows (task lol), I'm on task latest ROM, 1-17, non test. I flashed ktoonsez kernel out of curiosity, but I'm getting mixed results. Can I just flash tasks underwear kernel and everything will be back to normal? Anything wrong with doing that? Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Yes you can just flash the kernel. Wipe cache and dalvik cache when doing so.

Reactions: royi1000

uzii305

Jul 14, 2012
Re: [ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.1 )Task & Ktoonsez (1/17) (AT&T/Rogers)

Yes you can just flash the kernel. Wipe cache and dalvik cache when doing so.

Thanks task, if i wasn't so tight with money, I'd donate, been using your ROMs for awhile now. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Urinophoria

Jan 4, 2012
Longview

I'll have a build for you guys sometime tonight or more likely tomorrow with all of the latest changes. Been really busy and just got back into town. ;)

Lol, I knew it! Every time I don't update immediately you drop a new one within 24 hours of me flashing.

Not complaining mind you :D

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

trdspectacoma

Aug 3, 2008

Thanks task for this excellent rom

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

electech13

Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Oakville, Milton
Curious if best way to change dpi res on this rom is via a build.prop edit?..and is it safe and/or recommended on this rom at all?

i always prefer dropping the res to make everything tiny and have more room but on some roms it doesn't work and will pooch it altogether.
thanks

KorGuy123

Sep 18, 2012
Barrie

Edited myself to avoid issues... Should have sent a pm. Delete of needed, sorry. :(

Last edited:

MWilkenson

Oct 10, 2011
Pensacola

Curious if best way to change dpi res on this rom is via a build.prop edit?..and is it safe and/or recommended on this rom at all?

i always prefer dropping the res to make everything tiny and have more room but on some roms it doesn't work and will pooch it altogether.
thanks

Pm'd you what I do....settings other than what the OP isn't supported and I don't want a whole bunch of people coming in here saying their phone is messed up lol. Task doesn't need another headache.

uzii305

Jul 14, 2012

Hello, is anyone still experiencing game lag? I read in change log that it had been fixed a couple updates back, but I just tried to play asphalt 7 and the game was really slow and choppy. Very laggy. I flashed the 1-17 update clean. Wipe everything but sdcard. I'm running underwear kernel, with its stock settings. Oh and Nova 3 looked choppy as well.

Last edited:

21cdb

Nov 7, 2011

Hello, is anyone still experiencing game lag? I read in change log that it had been fixed a couple updates back, but I just tried to play asphalt 7 and the game was really slow and choppy. Very laggy. I flashed the 1-17 update clean. Wipe everything but sdcard. I'm running underwear kernel, with its stock settings. Oh and Nova 3 looked choppy as well.

Yes, I still have the same lag even after a full wipe. Tried a couple of different governors, but it didn't make a difference.

bartek30

Dec 14, 2008
Mississauga
Yes, I still have the same lag even after a full wipe. Tried a couple of different governors, but it didn't make a difference.

Turn the screen off and back on. It does seam to fix the lag issue. A pain, but at least a work around. I also installed an app called LagFix that says it helps. I am still testing it.

Last edited:

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais

Try changing your governor/scheduler. Also, locking frequencies during games can/will help (not sure if possible with underwear kernel :confused: )

Sun0fNothing

Oct 22, 2011
Boston, MA

thanks

That's what I use. Make sure you follow the correct steps so that Play Store will work properly.

vitalym

Sep 7, 2010
I didn't want to post without searching the thread but I keep getting an error that the service isn't available when I try to search.

Currently I'm on build aokp_d2att_jb_mr1_build-2
Found here http://aokp.co/release-jb-mr1-build-2/

I've been having an issue with my current build and the previous one that I will sometimes lose data connection. I have good service and I can make calls but I have no data in areas I've always had data.

Let info on this? Would logs help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB