[Q] Brick Kindle fire HD 7", red screen after Fireflash.

Search This thread

Goldofaf

May 12, 2013
hello everyboddy !

I have a rooted kindle fire HD 7" with the last update and i have attempted to install:

2nd bootloader
Fireflash
TWRP
CM10

But... when i have try to install twrp with Fireflash a red screen is a appeared after the reboot.

I'm a noob and i'm a little panicked !!! Can you help me to unbrick my kindle, i'm ready to make evrything but i have only in my hand my kindle and the original cable.

Please XDA's community !!!

Katalystik

Jan 6, 2013
The reason this happened was because you was on 7.3x of the AmazonOS, you needed to flash the 7.23 bootloader first before installing the second bootloader. Only a factory cable and the restore tool will save you now.

tizler

Feb 17, 2013
White Pine
I did the same thing and the fast boot cable saved me. Good investment.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using xda app-developers app

davelinc

Nov 18, 2012
Also I suggest using hashcodes method rather than using fireflash to install TWRP and cm 10.1. It may look complicated but I've used his method on 3 kindles successfully and I'm a bit of a noob :) Just make sure you open the command window from the folder in which you saved the files - shift +right click mouse >open command window here. Sorry if you already know this. It just took me ages to figure that out lol! The link is here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40563958

Sent from my CM10.1 Kindle Fire Hd

Last edited:

compmd

Feb 9, 2012
Glad I'm not the only one. Have the red screen too.. ordered a cable from skorpn.. can't wait to get it and unbrick this thing. Feeling lost without my device.

goodknight001

Jan 1, 2013
i have same issue, red screen on boot. I got fastboot cable and installed tool and image. Now after selecting option 1 it just sits on < waiting for device >
if i run as administrator it says 'fastboot' is not recognized

adeyori

Sep 13, 2013
Pls am in d same dilemma

i have same issue, red screen on boot. I got fastboot cable and installed tool and image. Now after selecting option 1 it just sits on < waiting for device >
if i run as administrator it says 'fastboot' is not recognized

Am in the same dilemma as well pls kindly post a solution in case u found a way to resolve. I also bought a fastboot/factory cable as well but cant figure out how to make thingz work

Ph0enix_216

Also I suggest using hashcodes method rather than using fireflash to install TWRP and cm 10.1. It may look complicated but I've used his method on 3 kindles successfully and I'm a bit of a noob :) Just make sure you open the command window from the folder in which you saved the files - shift +right click mouse >open command window here. Sorry if you already know this. It just took me ages to figure that out lol! The link is here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40563958

Sent from my CM10.1 Kindle Fire Hd

Actually, I've used the FireFlash method twice now on my Kindle Fire HD, and it's worked flawlessly both times, and takes less than five minutes to complete. But hey, whatever works.:D

luigirocks

Aug 24, 2013
i was also stuck in a red screen loop!
you really need a factory cable
what i did was turn off the kindle fire hd then plug in the cable, i turned on the device, and boom just use the toolkit which you can find on the development thread
i hope this helps!!! i was so frustrated as to why it wouldnt work
also you must have the kindle fire adb drivers.
ONLY FOR THOSE WITH A BROKEN POWER BUTTON: and if you dont happen to have a functioning power button like me, wait until the tablet dies, after just plug in the tablet to your pc with the factory cable that way when it finally recharges it boots up in fastboot, otherwise your tablet will be in red screen forever