stability update

Search This thread

apprentice

Apr 22, 2005
NORWICH, England
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Samsung released a new update to the TabPro 8.4 which is supposed to improve stability and add "Kids mode" (firmware version ending with NE3). I gave it a go and the random reboots got back! wiped my device clean and installed NAI firmware and all is well again!

I have done the same and rolled back to NAI, I wish I had read this thread before updating to NE3 as it's caused me no end of grief. A so called "Stability Update" that causes instability on what was a stable tablet lol

seavers11

May 11, 2007
NF3 crashes for me too… run the system for 8 hours and then i had the first reboot. Now iam on cm11 and everything is flawless

galijanach

Jul 9, 2013
Good news!

Hello everyone,

I updated my TabPro yesterday afternoon to the latest NF3 firmware. Within 2 hours it gave me the first reboot. It normally happens when the device is in "sleep" (screen off for a while) and when you unlock the device and try to navigate between the home screens it then freezes and reboots straight away.
Anyway, i rooted it again, reinstalled xposed framework and enabled this module:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.thomashofmann.xposed.samsungkitkatsystemservercrashfix

This module is supposed to cure the random reboots occurring on the Galaxy S4 since latest NF1 firmware (sounds familiar???).

All i can say is that my TabPro is now stable and haven't had a single reboot for about 16 hours now. i will keep checking it and update you should anything happens.

Obviously, you would need to be rooted in order to have Xposed framework. The good news is though, that you don't need to install a custom ROM to cure this problem.

I urge Samsung support to look into this issue and this xposed module in particular and come up with a proper "Stability update" for all customers, rooted and non rooted.

Have a great day!

Last edited:

conan1600

Jan 9, 2011
Well I just now got around to updating to the ND3 update. My tablet is a mess now. Random reboots, cache issues causing google play to crash, etc. I'll have to wipe and fix this, tablet is junk atm. Odd thing is it ran flawlessly for a day after the update. No new downloads, no new anything, just the firmware update

Last edited:

locutusx

Feb 1, 2013
Well I just now got around to updating to the ND3 update. My tablet is a mess now. Random reboots, cache issues causing google play to crash, etc. I'll have to wipe and fix this, tablet is junk atm. Odd thing is it ran flawlessly for a day after the update. No new downloads, no new anything, just the firmware update

ND3 is awesome! My tablet came stock with NAI which was rubbish and made me almost return it to Staples.

With NAI, it would detect as a "tap" everytime i scrolled. So the screen would end up "clicking" all sorts of random things, making it completely useless.

With ND3 it basically has the same screen sensitivity as my Nexus 4 (ok, maybe slightly more) and it's super stable. 0 random reboots.

HOWEVER... I did do a FULL WIPE/RESET (cache, data, everything) from Recovery after flashing to ND3.

Maybe for this tablet, we always need to do a full wipe after every firmware update??? I guess I should invest in a good Backup program then, any suggestions? lol.

Last edited:

galijanach

Jul 9, 2013
Latest update T320XXU1BNI1 fixes all reboots issues

Hi Guys

i am happy to say that Samsung has finally resolved the random reboots to the Tab 8.4 Pro. I have had my tablet updated a month or so ago and never suffered a single unforced reboot.
The latest firmware is T320XXU1BNI1

I hope this helps someone,

locutusx

Feb 1, 2013
are you on the UK NI1 firmware from sammobile?

since there is no North American NI1 firmware, i'm thinking of trying that one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm currently uploading the new ND3 DeOdex ROM base now. (Tab Pro 8.4 Wi-Fi)

I will also upload the bootloader firmware (Odin flashable) too.
    Stability update

Since reverting back to old version (and rooting the device again) i have suffered 0 random reboots. Looks like the latest update screws something up.