Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Okay this is going to be hard.

I have recently got a sweet deal on a Xiaomi Mi Action Camera 4k. It's an awesome small camera that just works. You can also connect it to your phone and watch the display from distance as long as it's in the same network - so far so good.

But then i was like "I want to check if this cam can go as a webcam" but it turns out, you can't just plug it in and use it as such. My question is, is there a workaround or a way to use my Mi Action Camera 4k as a 1080p/60fps webcam or any resulution webcam.

Thanks in advance!

I´m not familiar with this kind of thing, but I guess that any modern/digital camera or handset with camera can be used like a webcam. Maybe you need to install the firmware, here you will find some information and the link to it, just use some translate app https://c.mi.com/thread-519682-1-0.html

met4ller

Sep 11, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
There's a rom in which rules of survival doesn't lag with low quality settings? I can't believe I can't find a rom in which is it smooth.. On Los aex is almost ok but still a bit lagging, there's something better?

ZBlu_

Feb 12, 2019
DNS server not authoritative for zone.

I've been trying to flash TWRP on my Moto X Force by following the fastboot install method but after typing
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
the command prompt returns "DNS server not authoritative for zone".
I saw someone with that same problem online that managed to fix it with the following commands:
Code:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
this seemed to work fine, returned "The component store corruption was repaired"
Code:
sfc /scannow
this one returned "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." so I tried
Code:
again but got the same result.
I'm just so lost here, I was hoping to install TWRP easily so I could root my phone but I had to fumble with drivers for more than I'd like to admit and now I get this error that even google doesn't know much about :(. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix it?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I've been trying to flash TWRP on my Moto X Force by following the fastboot install method but after typing
Code:
the command prompt returns "DNS server not authoritative for zone".
I saw someone with that same problem online that managed to fix it with the following commands:
Code:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
this seemed to work fine, returned "The component store corruption was repaired"
Code:
sfc /scannow
this one returned "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." so I tried
Code:
again but got the same result.
I'm just so lost here, I was hoping to install TWRP easily so I could root my phone but I had to fumble with drivers for more than I'd like to admit and now I get this error that even google doesn't know much about :(. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix it?

Maybe this can help http://support.controlnow.com/artic...uthoritative-for-zone-when-deploying-patches1 it looks like a issue with the adb/ fastboot path.

If you have some troubles setting up path and environment variables you can move the adb folder in main drive usually c: and put your image inside.

Reactions: ZBlu_

ZBlu_

Feb 12, 2019
Maybe this can help http://support.controlnow.com/artic...uthoritative-for-zone-when-deploying-patches1 it looks like a issue with the adb/ fastboot path.

If you have some troubles setting up path and environment variables you can move the adb folder in main drive usually c: and put your image inside.

Ok nvm that, I installed adb and fastboot again with this: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48915118#post48915118 and now I don't get the error message anymore. However I ran into a different problem, again when attempting "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img":
Code:
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (34476 KB)...
OKAY [  0.742s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.765s
I looked online and it seems it's a problem with Moto devices where they won't allow a software that's older than the current one to be flashed on the device. Again, found a few similar cases online but all of them required a stock ROM and, from what I could tell, did not have to do with Recovery/TWRP.
I feel kinda overwhelmed by all of this tbh, never thought it could be this difficult to simply root a smartphone. Could you please help me out?

So I've tried for the past 4 to 5 hours to find a fix for my issue and have tried multiple "fixes"and nothing works someone please help!!
I am on my Chromebook Linux installed everything should be updated.
I have a Galaxy s3 and when I try to run adb devices it comes back no permissions so I run sudo adb devices and it comes back with device number but won't let me anything. I've tried everything from restarting both devices unplugging and replugging revoking USB permissions turning off developer options turning them back on tried running different checks that I found online that says should pics when I plug USB cord into my S3 the little pop-up box that says allow USB permissions or whatever does not pop up it will not request to give permission for I cannot figure out why it will not do it please someone help

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Ok nvm that, I installed adb and fastboot again with this: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48915118#post48915118 and now I don't get the error message anymore. However I ran into a different problem, again when attempting "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img":
Code:
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (34476 KB)...
OKAY [  0.742s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.765s
I looked online and it seems it's a problem with Moto devices where they won't allow a software that's older than the current one to be flashed on the device. Again, found a few similar cases online but all of them required a stock ROM and, from what I could tell, did not have to do with Recovery/TWRP.
I feel kinda overwhelmed by all of this tbh, never thought it could be this difficult to simply root a smartphone. Could you please help me out?

Well, in the paper It should not be that hard to do it. In fastboot you can flash what you want ever that you typed the right sintaxis, your bootloader is unlocked and the size partition allows such sized file. Newer devices implemented some additional barriers depending on the bootloader version but in your case I don´t think that fastboot check if the file is current nor older so is a custom partition not a stock firmware part.

Moto devices have its own fastboot script (for most advanced task including unbrick), note if the fastboot files that you have are mfastboot or just fastboot, in the first case you have to type mfastboot followed by the related partition command. It looks like your recovery is a little large for this device, recheck the size.

If you want a simplified method unpack this zip in your main drive usually c: and put your recovery inside the folder, run as administrator "run-adb" file (no need to open a window with shift+right mouse button)
View attachment adb-run.zip

Also this tool is intended to do the job https://xdaforums.com/droid-turbo-2/development/tool-windroid-universal-android-toolkit-t3291256

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
So I've tried for the past 4 to 5 hours to find a fix for my issue and have tried multiple "fixes"and nothing works someone please help!!
I am on my Chromebook Linux installed everything should be updated.
I have a Galaxy s3 and when I try to run adb devices it comes back no permissions so I run sudo adb devices and it comes back with device number but won't let me anything. I've tried everything from restarting both devices unplugging and replugging revoking USB permissions turning off developer options turning them back on tried running different checks that I found online that says should pics when I plug USB cord into my S3 the little pop-up box that says allow USB permissions or whatever does not pop up it will not request to give permission for I cannot figure out why it will not do it please someone help

Maybe this help https://android.stackexchange.com/q...sb-debugging-popup-does-not-come-in-my-new-pc

ZBlu_

Feb 12, 2019
Well, in the paper It should not be that hard to do it. In fastboot you can flash what you want ever that you typed the right sintaxis, your bootloader is unlocked and the size partition allows such sized file. Newer devices implemented some additional barriers depending on the bootloader version but in your case I don´t think that fastboot check if the file is current nor older so is a custom partition not a stock firmware part.

Moto devices have its own fastboot script (for most advanced task including unbrick), note if the fastboot files that you have are mfastboot or just fastboot, in the first case you have to type mfastboot followed by the related partition command. It looks like your recovery is a little large for this device, recheck the size.

If you want a simplified method unpack this zip in your main drive usually c: and put your recovery inside the folder, run as administrator "run-adb" file (no need to open a window with shift+right mouse button)
View attachment 4704820

Also this tool is intended to do the job https://xdaforums.com/droid-turbo-2/development/tool-windroid-universal-android-toolkit-t3291256
Holy sh*t.
Is it bad that I didn't even know of the existence of Windroid? Wow. To think I have been struggling with this for as long as I've been ( :silly: )and there was just the right tool to do it in a few minutes.
Thank you very much for your time and patience helping a noob out :D

Reactions: SubwayChamp

BarkingPup

Jan 31, 2019
Trying to root my old Motorola Moto G3 and recieved the string of code that you input into the Motorola website. A "Request Key" button popped up, I clicked it. The site refreshed to an error page. I went back, it logged me out of my account so I signed back in. Tried the string again and it said my phone wasn't unlockable. So I waited for an email with my Key and it's been a full day. I emailed Motorola and no response.

What can I do? I need to unlock this bootloader.

Trying to root my old Motorola Moto G3 and recieved the string of code that you input into the Motorola website. A "Request Key" button popped up, I clicked it. The site refreshed to an error page. I went back, it logged me out of my account so I signed back in. Tried the string again and it said my phone wasn't unlockable. So I waited for an email with my Key and it's been a full day. I emailed Motorola and no response.

What can I do? I need to unlock this bootloader.

Did you check your spam folder? Check all folders.

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA Labs

Spam, Promotions, Social, Inbox, even checked my other two email accounts seperately just in case. Nothing.

Double check you copied everything properly from the command line. If that fails, Iwould first do a factory reset then try getting the code again. If that doesn't work, try flashing your stock firmware. I don't know if Motorola has an expiration on emails sent vs the amount of times you can request, if there are any limit.

Edit: I unlocked my G3 a month or two ago or so. So it was still eligible then.

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA Labs

Reactions: DB126

ok ive looked into that and i had no success ive gotten into some of my chromebooks system files and looked around and i am not seeing anything that souldnt be there. so i have continued on the search this morning and now following the advice of yet another help page that says pretty much the same as the other fixes that people have used i recived two diffrent responces in adb

chronos@localhost / $ sudo adb devices
List of devices attached
541d2626 unauthorized

chronos@localhost / $ sudo adb reboot recovery
error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device.

hronos@localhost / $ sudo rm -rf .android
chronos@localhost / $ adb start-server
adb server version (32) doesn't match this client (40); killing...
* daemon started successfully
chronos@localhost / $ adb server
ADB server didn't ACK
Full server startup log: /tmp/adb.1000.log
Server had pid: 18196
--- adb starting (pid 18196) ---
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56] Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.40
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56] Version 4986621
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56] Installed as /usr/local/bin/adb
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56]
error: could not install *smartsocket* listener: Address already in use

* could not start server *

chronos@localhost / $ sudo adb kill-server
chronos@localhost / $ sudo adb start-server
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
541d2626 unauthorized

chronos@localhost / $ adb devices
List of devices attached
541d2626 no permissions; see [http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html]

List of devices attached
541d2626 unauthorized

List of devices attached

the last no permissions after looking it up all leads me to android emulaters and i am not running one to test a app i can not get galaxy s4 to connect. still can not get any dialoge from phone to ask about allowing from my computer.

i do not have this issue with any other device. sorry if this is a easy fix and i cant figure it out. any pointers would be nice

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
ok ive looked into that and i had no success ive gotten into some of my chromebooks system files and looked around and i am not seeing anything that souldnt be there. so i have continued on the search this morning and now following the advice of yet another help page that says pretty much the same as the other fixes that people have used i recived two diffrent responces in adb

List of devices attached
541d2626 unauthorized

chronos@localhost / $ sudo adb reboot recovery
error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device.

hronos@localhost / $ sudo rm -rf .android
chronos@localhost / $ adb start-server
chronos@localhost / $ adb server
ADB server didn't ACK
Full server startup log: /tmp/adb.1000.log
Server had pid: 18196
--- adb starting (pid 18196) ---
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56] Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.40
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56] Version 4986621
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56] Installed as /usr/local/bin/adb
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56]
error: could not install *smartsocket* listener: Address already in use

* could not start server *

List of devices attached
541d2626 unauthorized

List of devices attached

List of devices attached
541d2626 unauthorized

List of devices attached

the last no permissions after looking it up all leads me to android emulaters and i am not running one to test a app i can not get galaxy s4 to connect. still can not get any dialoge from phone to ask about allowing from my computer.

i do not have this issue with any other device. sorry if this is a easy fix and i cant figure it out. any pointers would be nice

It seems that the issue is in your device itself but to be sure Did you try in other machine or using a different OS?. I never had this issue in my GS4, guessing that you dirty flashed some custom roms it remains traces of old files in your system so It could help by doing a factory reset (taking a backup before).

Also there is some helpul apps like ADB Connect (No Root) from Play Store.

It could happen that you have most of one Samsung drivers version and this could cause conflicts, uninstall all of them and then install the last stable version.

YiNiX

May 21, 2014
Sarajevo
Hello friends, Im back, haha. I decided to try Magisk, so I installed TWRP on new firmware and flashed a Magisk, installed Magisk Manager and now I wanted to install xposed again because OBB on SD card, I downloaded old version to be sure that I dont get bootloop and tried flashing it with manager but this is what happens when I try to install module. Pic - https://imgur.com/a/0bEiDMU

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts