Battery Fix 2.3.x

Search This thread

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
I don't get what you guys are talking about regarding the phone idle..

my phone idle is at the top, sure, at 56% but my battery life seems normal which is currently at 75% after 9hrs 15min of moderate usage. (texting, surfing, email, fb, g+, etc.)

Myself and many others have noticed way more battery drain since 2.3.4 and a lot higher phone idle usage than on 2.2.2. What I mean by a lot, for me is A Lot higher phone idle usage. Couple of hours less run time for me per day as well.

Also I'm running the same Apps as I did on 2.2.2 and also I have not installed as many Apps as I did have.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

darkamikaze

Aug 7, 2010
Candyland
Myself and many others have noticed way more battery drain since 2.3.4 and a lot higher phone idle usage than on 2.2.2. What I mean by a lot, for me is A Lot higher phone idle usage. Couple of hours less run time for me per day as well.

Also I'm running the same Apps as I did on 2.2.2 and also I have not installed as many Apps as I did have.

some apps
Don't work as they do from froyo to gb

Xda app via atrix

njinstantkarma

Mar 17, 2011
Horrible Battery Life

I Also have horrible battery life after updating a month ago to 2.3.4 I was on kens gingerblur rom and I averaged about 1.5 days of normal usage now half a day maybe a little more..... It's def not the apps... I dont have that many and as far as apps running I only have about 4 as usual..... I did install the battery fix to stop the jumping and that worked but the drainage is still horrible.. So yesterday I updated my kernel to faux's 2.6.32.9-att-gb-591-Faux 123-vo.1.1 hoping this would fix my drainage, After recalibrating my battery thru CWM I still have a ****y battery.... What can I do t o fix this.... Many others have this problem, yet others have no battery drainage... Any guidance here....

Last edited:

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
guys this fix has ZERO effect on ether helping or hurting your battery drain issues. This fix is ONLY for how the battery level is reported.

jmgg2k

Feb 11, 2011
I Also have horrible battery life after updating a month ago to 2.3.4 I was on kens gingerblur rom and I averaged about 1.5 days of normal usage now half a day maybe a little more..... It's def not the apps... I dont have that many and as far as apps running I only have about 4 as usual..... I did install the battery fix to stop the jumping and that worked but the drainage is still horrible.. So yesterday I updated my kernel to faux's 2.6.32.9-att-gb-591-Faux 123-vo.1.1 hoping this would fix my drainage, After recalibrating my battery thru CWM I still have a ****y battery.... What can I do t o fix this.... Many others have this problem, yet others have no battery drainage... Any guidance here....

i was fine with Kenn´s rom (15-22 hours moderate use)... but since i installed Faux´s kernel my battery drain is terrible (less than 8 hours in phone idle). I flashed again the stock kernel, but the drain was still present. Right now im testing with edgan´s kernel... let´s see what happen.

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
i was fine with Kenn´s rom (15-22 hours moderate use)... but since i installed Faux´s kernel my battery drain is terrible (less than 8 hours in phone idle). I flashed again the stock kernel, but the drain was still present. Right now im testing with edgan´s kernel... let´s see what happen.

Without a doubt it's gingerbread related, I wouldn't feel that having better dual core use would cause this much drain especially since most the Apps do not utilize dual core. Good thing is the battery fix did stop the jumping around now is there anyway to get more detailed battery statistics?

J-man67

Mar 7, 2011
Wilmington
This isn't my best, but my battery is doing pretty well with regular use. I have my battery mode set on maximum battery saver. I also underclock to 500mhz with the screen locked. Phone is smooth as silk and getting 20-24 hours from the battery.

1311267570014.jpg

Sent from my Unlocked/Rooted/OC'D/Gingerbreaded MB860 using Tapatalk

zoso28

Feb 17, 2008
East Coast
It appears there are three different situations here. There are people who have installed 2.3.4 and are losing juice in standby. Then there are those who have the 1% mod and can't rely on statistics. And finally the ones who have the jumping problem with the standby drain. Before the battery fix I had the jumping problem after restarts and the batt drain. (on Cherryblur, original kernel and .15 radio) Now I have the 1% mod installed with cherryblur, plus this batt fix and .30 radio and no problems whatsoever.. I'm getting 24+ hours on a charge (after a calibration and a few cycles).

Now that we have a fix for the jumping, the only real problem is the standby drain. I had the jumping and drain before and after faux's kernel, so it doesn't seem like that's the problem. It seems to be something about some people's 2.3.4 installation that's causing it, or some compatibility between the 2.3.4 builds and the .15 radio. Sorry if this isn't much of a help, but flashing the .30 radio may be worth a shot because that seems to have been the turning point for me.

seraphkz

Apr 20, 2011
It appears there are three different situations here. There are people who have installed 2.3.4 and are losing juice in standby. Then there are those who have the 1% mod and can't rely on statistics. And finally the ones who have the jumping problem with the standby drain. Before the battery fix I had the jumping problem after restarts and the batt drain. (on Cherryblur, original kernel and .15 radio) Now I have the 1% mod installed with cherryblur, plus this batt fix and .30 radio and no problems whatsoever.. I'm getting 24+ hours on a charge (after a calibration and a few cycles).

Now that we have a fix for the jumping, the only real problem is the standby drain. I had the jumping and drain before and after faux's kernel, so it doesn't seem like that's the problem. It seems to be something about some people's 2.3.4 installation that's causing it, or some compatibility between the 2.3.4 builds and the .15 radio. Sorry if this isn't much of a help, but flashing the .30 radio may be worth a shot because that seems to have been the turning point for me.

Thanks for your advice. Where can I find this .30 radio?

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
The gingerbread radio seems to have fixed the battery drain for me. Give it a couple of days to see how it goes.

seraphkz

Apr 20, 2011
So I installed the .30p from ken's website. Rebooted the phone, went to settings, about phone, and there it shows .15p again...

I installed via recovery --> install zip from SDCard.

Did i miss a step?

And can someone link me the .30p? I don't think I downloaded the right file.

TechnoNeto

Jun 12, 2011
Boston
So I installed the .30p from ken's website. Rebooted the phone, went to settings, about phone, and there it shows .15p again...

I installed via recovery --> install zip from SDCard.

Did i miss a step?

And can someone link me the .30p? I don't think I downloaded the right file.

you have to flash it in rsd heres the direct download link: http://bandbinnovations.com/xda/gingerbread/4591radio.sbf

edit link is not working here it goes http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SE3R928E

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First thanks to kamma and his thread HERE. This fixed was 100% inspired by his attempt, i only had the benefit of having access to some files he didnt. This thread is based off his, but with the files from 2.3.3 which did not have the jumping issue.

I have NOT tested extensively, but in my limited experience(and that of a few others) this does fix the problem.

Code:
    [color=#FF0000]USE THIS SCRIPT AT YOUR OWN RISK[/color]

This is just a proof-of-concept fix. I dont guarantee any improvement, because i have not much time to test it.
    I simply replace battery libs and apps extracted from [color=#FF0000]ATT 2.2.3*[/color].

How to:
    1. Download [color=#FF0000]CMW_Jug6_batfix.zip*[/color] (bellow in Attached Files)
    2. Copy it to sdcard or sdcard-ext
    3. Reboot into CWM recovery
    5. Click "install zip from sdcard"
    6. Choose zip from sdcard
    7. Pick the [color=#FF0000]CMW_Jug6_batfix.zip*[/color]
    8. Install
    9. Reboot

V2 - Removed BatteryManager.apk & BatteryReport.apk as they are not needed
    Deodexed

Here are the files from OP deodexed. Untested, but should work fine :p

Example installation:

Code:
    adb remount
    adb root
    adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*Battery*
    adb shell rm /system/app/BatteryManager.odex
    adb shell rm /system/app/BatteryReport.odex
    adb push BatteryManager.apk /system/app/BatteryManager.apk
    adb push BatteryReport.apk /system/app/BatteryReport.apk
    adb reboot
    Using root explorer ... change permissions to match the other Apk's

(RW-R--R--):

USER - READ, WRITE,
    GROUP - READ
    OTHERS - READ

make sure you mount "/system" as read/write....

Can you touch on these permissions with a little more detail? I see the permissions area of the file, but not sure what should be checked. Sorry...still getting the FC after replacing the files from v1 with the stock .apk's posted after the fix. Thanks for all of your help.

Sent from my Cyanbreaded Gingered Atrix!
    Brilliant, will try immediately! Does it matter if you switch between roms, do you have to re-apply then?

Yes as you go between roms you would need to reapply, that is until(if its working 100%) its added to the roms themeselves.

Will test, thanks Jug.

Guess I would need to deodex it for a deodexrom?

it has both, but if you want u can remove the 2 .odex files from the zip.
    Thanks for the explanation. Really, the MB865 devs do a really good job, but sometimes there are issues with inaccurate battery reporting, which can be alleviated by wiping battery stats and with a recalibration. Thanks for your replies!

Recalibration is best achieved by draining until phone dies and then charging to full. Once full keep charging and power off. Allow phone to charge in the unbooted state. I have had little success with wiping battery stats and I believe that the official word is that those files that gets deleted by the wipe procedure are recreated upon every charge so it is a bit of a fallacy. Of course, if the battery daemon has bad code, you'd be looking at a thread like this for a replacement piece of code to fix the problem.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2