[Q] Showbox and MX Player

Search This thread

capo489

Feb 19, 2015
So I use showbox constantly and today there was an update and now I can no longer use showbox with all cast it made me download mx player. OK so no problem but there is no casting option for mx player? What kind of a mobile player doesn't have casting options these days? I even bought the premium one hoping that there was a casting option on that. I hope I'm doing something wrong but please I want to be able to cast movies to my roku and my chromecast and now I can't and what's worse I can't even use showbox anymore.

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
MX Player doesn't yet support casting; I'm not sure why Showbox would select MX Player as the default. If anything, you should ask the developers of Showbox why they would make such a change.

Reactions: snazer

Jdmccall02

Feb 22, 2015
showbox mx player work around

I have a fix it's not perfect but it works. Open showbox and click download for the movie you want once it is downloaded open your file manager then internal storage and locate showbox folder. Once in that folder long press the file you downloaded it will be an mp4 file, select move then move to your video folder on device. After it is complete open allcast and select device then choose gallery and find the video, then you can play the movie on your supported device. I start downloading the next movie I want to watch in showbox in the background while watching the one that I just completed. Its not simple but it works

Reactions: snazer

peterasimpson

Jul 7, 2009
Birmingham
Nope you're doing nothing wrong. There is in fact no Chromecast support built into MX Player which I for one think is absolutely crazy. The developer of MX Player keeps banging on about transcoding which I for one think is a ridiculous excuse considering how any other apps on the Play Store supports Chromecast casting...

vivan000

Oct 29, 2014
Saint-Petersburg
How is it crazy? Casting and playing video are completely different tasks that have nothing in common. You don't expect ftp-server functionality from media player, right? And chromecast is exactly the same thing.

ebsy2000

Feb 25, 2015
work around

So I use showbox constantly and today there was an update and now I can no longer use showbox with all cast it made me download mx player. OK so no problem but there is no casting option for mx player? What kind of a mobile player doesn't have casting options these days? I even bought the premium one hoping that there was a casting option on that. I hope I'm doing something wrong but please I want to be able to cast movies to my roku and my chromecast and now I can't and what's worse I can't even use showbox anymore.

I've had exactly the same problem, but what I came up with was to play using MX player on device but then go to Chromecast app and cast screen, this works, the only problem is that it plays on the device as well as the TV, but it works. If you have lollipop you can cast screen from the settings menu also.

The_White_Hatter

Feb 26, 2015
Use The Chromecast App

I've had exactly the same problem, but what I came up with was to play using MX player on device but then go to Chromecast app and cast screen, this works, the only problem is that it plays on the device as well as the TV, but it works. If you have lollipop you can cast screen from the settings menu also.

We are all used to just bypassing the Chromecast App using a myriad of casting applications, with Allcast being the front runner, to push our videos from various sources. Thanks to the developer of a certain app...we were forced to download MX Player which eliminates casting abilities. I say...hahahaha..

JUST GO TO YOUR CHROMECAST APP....MENU...MIRROR SCREEN.

Watch the video through MX Player... But let the Chromecast connect to your device to mirror what you are seeing.bit works flawlessly....just watched Interstellar

hmemon

Mar 1, 2015

Nope you're doing nothing wrong. There is in fact no Chromecast support built into MX Player which I for one think is absolutely crazy. The developer of MX Player keeps banging on about transcoding which I for one think is a ridiculous excuse considering how any other apps on the Play Store supports Chromecast casting...

There is no chromecast support built into mx player. However within mx player, if you click on the three vertical dots (the settings) on the top right of the player, then tools, and then share. You are able to share the current video playing, for example to allcast or localcast which allows you to stream to your chromecast. That was one of my workarounds for the annoying partnership between showbox and mxplayer. One other way was by installing an older version apk of showbox, which is perfectly fine apart from the fact that it requests for you to update the app every time you open the app.
I just think that HD Cinema doesn't have nearly enough content as showbox. Especially the tv shows, where HD Cinema is quite behind. That is just what I think. Please let me know if there's anyone who is using any other apps to watch their movies and tv shows.
I hope I helped :)

Reactions: masterpfa

behelit

Sep 7, 2008
Melbourne
We are all used to just bypassing the Chromecast App using a myriad of casting applications, with Allcast being the front runner, to push our videos from various sources. Thanks to the developer of a certain app...we were forced to download MX Player which eliminates casting abilities. I say...hahahaha..

JUST GO TO YOUR CHROMECAST APP....MENU...MIRROR SCREEN.

Watch the video through MX Player... But let the Chromecast connect to your device to mirror what you are seeing.bit works flawlessly....just watched Interstellar

Barely any devices support screen casting, so this is not a viable solution.
and I don't know wtf Jdmccall02 is on about, how does HD cinema help when you can no longer choose which app to stream to.. I'm guessing you haven't updated.
If you go back to an old version of showbox, you get the 'this video is available yet' problem on 90% of the videos.

Going to 1 star mx tards

dieselstation

Jul 21, 2010

martinisok

Mar 31, 2014
I don't know if you've seen this yet.. but here's a fix from the developer of Allcast. I tried it and it works.

http://www.reddit.com/r/showbox/comments/2xeiwi/growbox_a_solution_for_not_being_able_to_cast/

1. Uninstall MXPlayer
2. Make sure you install Growbox and run that first.
3. Make sure you install the beta version of Allcast (the one in the link on Reddit).
3. Showbox will now ask you which app you want to stream with.. choose Allcast.

Already tried that fix and it works also I reinstalled mx player (1.7.32) and it still works.

fas999

Apr 26, 2011
showbox fix

I have tried the same instruction after installing growbox app its all working big thanks to big man who developed growbox and to the man who shared it good work guys.

BIG Thanks

masterpfa

Mar 17, 2008
London UK
So far I think the most practical option is to install the version available online 3.84.
As yet, no issue found with the older version but with multiple benefits.

jennyo

Mar 15, 2015

Uninstall mx player and download and growbox! Works as before!!!

Skyap

Mar 24, 2011
Open in MX and then share

I always used LocalCast directly from ShowBox to cast to my Chromecast so I was a bit miffed when it started only playing in MX Player, but I just read on Reddit that if you let it open in MX Player, whilst it doesn't have a cast option, you can then click the options menu and 'share' then you'll get the option to open the stream in Local Cast or Allcast or whatever you choose to use and it apparently works a treat.

I'll be trying this tonight.

Does anyone know why Showbox did this though?

scott2hoty624

Apr 2, 2015

I had same problem I now use Firefox download Firefox beta for roku and your phone you can send any mp4 video from your phone to your roku the Firefox app will hold ten videos on your roku so you can push videos to you roku without playing them on your phone cue video the push screen then send to device I use watchseried.to for any TV programming and ultra-vid.com for movies ultra gets movies before most VIP movie sites the best links that work with roku vodlocker,videoweed,vidtome,best streams,movshare,now video vshare,videgg,goog,le,faststream hope this helps I paid £50 for my roku and can watch anything on the net for free no hastle hope this helps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't know if you've seen this yet.. but here's a fix from the developer of Allcast. I tried it and it works.

http://www.reddit.com/r/showbox/comments/2xeiwi/growbox_a_solution_for_not_being_able_to_cast/

1. Uninstall MXPlayer
    2. Make sure you install Growbox and run that first.
    3. Make sure you install the beta version of Allcast (the one in the link on Reddit).
    3. Showbox will now ask you which app you want to stream with.. choose Allcast.
    done with showbox

I just installed HD cinema APK and it works beautifully with allcast. So for me so long showbox. Easy to switch apps
    MX Player doesn't yet support casting; I'm not sure why Showbox would select MX Player as the default. If anything, you should ask the developers of Showbox why they would make such a change.
    showbox mx player work around

I have a fix it's not perfect but it works. Open showbox and click download for the movie you want once it is downloaded open your file manager then internal storage and locate showbox folder. Once in that folder long press the file you downloaded it will be an mp4 file, select move then move to your video folder on device. After it is complete open allcast and select device then choose gallery and find the video, then you can play the movie on your supported device. I start downloading the next movie I want to watch in showbox in the background while watching the one that I just completed. Its not simple but it works

There is no chromecast support built into mx player. However within mx player, if you click on the three vertical dots (the settings) on the top right of the player, then tools, and then share. You are able to share the current video playing, for example to allcast or localcast which allows you to stream to your chromecast. That was one of my workarounds for the annoying partnership between showbox and mxplayer. One other way was by installing an older version apk of showbox, which is perfectly fine apart from the fact that it requests for you to update the app every time you open the app.
    I just think that HD Cinema doesn't have nearly enough content as showbox. Especially the tv shows, where HD Cinema is quite behind. That is just what I think. Please let me know if there's anyone who is using any other apps to watch their movies and tv shows.
    I hope I helped :)