[ROM] Atrix CM9 [ADT's SelfKANGish builds - 20120715]

Search This thread

Cheeseman-

Sep 27, 2008
Toronto, Ontatio
So-far, other than the usual camera thing, the ROM runs fine. Better battery than my previous ROM and faster too. However, I don't like that it is installed into my SD card.

ghost_og

Sep 7, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Another reboot

Had another reboot on V12. This time I didn't have to pull the battery.

Something I'm noticing: it seems to happen if I use the volume keys to wake the screen almost immediately after receiving a text or notification.

Logs attached.

Attachments

• cm9-v12.zip
    85.9 KB · Views: 36

rmkilc

Nov 12, 2011
Vancouver, WA
www.rmkilc.com
Unless I have recently rebooted, wifi hotspot does not work. I toggle it on, it shows it is active in the notification drawer for about 4 seconds, and then it goes away. Then I reboot, and it works. I'm am running v12. This issue existed in the previous builds also.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk 2

pyro254750

May 17, 2009
I experienced the wifi problem once after flashing v12. since rebooting I've had several days of uptime with heavy wifi hotspot usage intermittently (the wife and I are riding around in the evenings on the motorcycle using her iPad to look for houses for sale as we drive down the road, jumping off my phones hotspot). Has worked flawlessly.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

ninja_rancher

Oct 11, 2011
Ok, so I know the OP says "Don't flash any kernels, this update contains kernel modifications you should be running." But is that more of a recommendation than a hard-and-fast rule? I'd simply "try it and see" if there were a way to just flash back to the v12 kernel if things went south instead of having to re-flash the entire ROM. So, has anyone actually tried a different kernel (I'd like to go back to acerbix)? Or know how to make a flashable v12 kernel? Thanks.

UPDATE: So I was tired up having to pull my battery playing Words With Friends, so I went back to my trusty acerbix kernel on top of v12. So far, I haven't noticed any adverse side-effects or anything. It would still be nice to have a flashable v12 kernel in the event people want to experiment but have a way to get back to "stock turl".

Last edited:

Alcapone263

Jul 28, 2011
Yokosuka, Japan
Ok, so I know the OP says "Don't flash any kernels, this update contains kernel modifications you should be running." But is that more of a recommendation than a hard-and-fast rule? I'd simply "try it and see" if there were a way to just flash back to the v12 kernel if things went south instead of having to re-flash the entire ROM. So, has anyone actually tried a different kernel (I'd like to go back to acerbix)? Or know how to make a flashable v12 kernel? Thanks.

UPDATE: So I was tired up having to pull my battery playing Words With Friends, so I went back to my trusty acerbix kernel on top of v12. So far, I haven't noticed any adverse side-effects or anything. It would still be nice to have a flashable v12 kernel in the event people want to experiment but have a way to get back to "stock turl".

Just flash v12 without wiping data and it will reinstall the stock kernel.

LifelessRaptor

Feb 16, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
Flashed v12 this morning and it's running smooth with few issues. The only concern I have is when trying to replace a system app. I was just trying to add in the CM Music app instead of the default and I won't let me overwrite the original. I usually use ROM Toolbox to uninstall the default music app but every time I try it says it successfully uninstalled but it doesn't actually remove it. Any ideas? Also, if the CM Music app could be included in future updates it wouldn't be too bad the Gingerbread looking one we have now is kinda ugly on an ICS system. :p

Cusa

Dec 25, 2011
I'm on v12 right now and it seems stable, no reboots or anything like that. Everything works great in v12 so I'll probably be sticking with it until something better comes along.

larzred

Jul 15, 2011
Vancouver
Unless I have recently rebooted, wifi hotspot does not work. I toggle it on, it shows it is active in the notification drawer for about 4 seconds, and then it goes away. Then I reboot, and it works. I'm am running v12. This issue existed in the previous builds also.

I don't know if this will help you, but I was having the same issue and then I switched radios from my bell radio to Australian Telstra I believe. Now works flawlessly and I get twice as good battery life.

rmkilc

Nov 12, 2011
Vancouver, WA
www.rmkilc.com
I don't know if this will help you, but I was having the same issue and then I switched radios from my bell radio to Australian Telstra I believe. Now works flawlessly and I get twice as good battery life.

I am on AT&T. Would that work for me? I am currently using the 37P radio. I was using 36P before, and it had the same issue.

ekennes

Feb 16, 2011
D/l on my phone got it to work, quick question does fingerprint unlock work now?

yirong

Sep 11, 2007
Coquitlam
Turl

Your build is the only one has flawless car dock audio support. Thanks for the great work! Looking forward to the fix of Cam/Camcorder stuff...

fmorel

Mar 4, 2011
Atlanta
Acerbix had a build a while back that supported fingerprint unlock, but then that never made it to turl's and joker's builds. I know next to nothing about how to compile all this stuff, but I was looking through his github and found these two commits:
olympus: add more files and enable fingerprint unlock
Update system.prop to include fingerprint file references so they can be dynamically invoked

The first one I can tell is important to implement it. The second one I'm not sure about. Since turl recently fixed the crash on opening the settings for "Fingerprint sensor navigation" and added a screen to manage fingerprints under Settings>Advanced which works with Data Defender, would the above commits then enable fingerprint unlock?

Edit: Just noticed that first commit is actually by turl himself.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, given the confusion that was arising on jokersax's thread, I'm opening this one to keep things a bit more organized. You are still encouraged to (and you should, really) read the other thread, and play with both builds. Feel free to compare them, and make sure you mention which build are you using.

CM9 - http://coblitz.codeen.org/turl.androidro.ms/olympus/cm-9-20120713-EXPERIMENTAL-olympus-16.zip
    GApps, courtesy of Goo - http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
    File mirrors courtesy of Jokersax (outdated) - http://www.jokersax.com/developer-pages/turl/

Code:
    cbb650b6b028ba745926f27ed14bc563  cm-9-20120713-EXPERIMENTAL-olympus-16.zip
    dc560aa235e8dd8cb00df0cefb5abd38  gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

Tips for this build:
    • If you are getting weird stuff, go to CWM, format /system (mounts & storage menu), flash CM9, flash gapps, reboot. If you are still getting weird stuff, do a normal wipe/factory reset.
    • Don't flash any 2D fixes
    • Don't flash any kernels, this update contains kernel modifications you should be running
    • If you really want blur-like sdcard mounts, go to Settings -> Storage -> Menu button -> Storage configuration, tick 'Use internal storage', and reboot your phone
    • You can now manage fingerprints and configure fingerprint sensor navigation on the advanced device settings, many thanks epinter!
    • Wifi/bluetooth tether is working once again.
    • Opera Mobile works good
    • Check out for Wifi N networks on the 5Ghz band (thanks epinter!)
    • Retest Foursquare and the like
    • Test all the new led configuration stuff!
    New refreshed build on first post, pretty much no changes hardware wise, but it has all CM improvements and fixes to date, including the Torch app. Enjoy!
    Kernel 025 is available for CM9 ADT Self-Kang ONLY!

https://twitter.com/#!/faux123/status/170954844323057664
    Come on guys... don't be snippy with each other. There's no need to talk about battery life in this thread unless you have a potential fix. If you don't have a way to fix it, then don't mention it. Complaints and arguing don't help developers solve alleged problems.
    #7 posted on post #1! Main changes include volume rocker wake (under screen settings) and whatever else got merged into CM in this timeframe. I also fixed the over 100% battery charge issue and enabled the CRT animation