[Q] Can't connect to Telus, just Rogers

Search This thread

simmo0020

Dec 19, 2013
Ok guys very strange and a little bit of a long winded story here......

So I am from the UK and have a factory sim free HTC One M7, used in the UK on EE no issues.

I am travelling in Canada so decided to get a Telus Prepaid Sim card, went to the store had it activated and installed today and it was working fine for about 3 hours in Medicine Hat. As I drove out the city it began to lose signal, now the only network I can see under carriers is Rogers.

I tried the sim in my friends phone (samsung s3) and it works fine and picks up signal immediately.

So it MUST be a phone issue, can someone please help me find a solution?

simmo0020

Dec 19, 2013
Ok guys very strange and a little bit of a long winded story here......

So I am from the UK and have a factory sim free HTC One M7, used in the UK on EE no issues.

I am travelling in Canada so decided to get a Telus Prepaid Sim card, went to the store had it activated and installed today and it was working fine for about 3 hours in Medicine Hat. As I drove out the city it began to lose signal, now the only network I can see under carriers is Rogers.

I tried the sim in my friends phone (samsung s3) and it works fine and picks up signal immediately.

So it MUST be a phone issue, can someone please help me find a solution?

Please can someone help, now I am seeing Telus in the ntwork operators menu but when I try to connect it I get this message

Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network

hp13

Feb 17, 2011
Toronto
Google Pixel XL
Please can someone help, now I am seeing Telus in the ntwork operators menu but when I try to connect it I get this message

Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network

so that means either your phone is locked and it does not allow for overseas carriers. reason you see rogers is thats roaming mode on and connected to Rogers.

simmo0020

Dec 19, 2013
so that means either your phone is locked and it does not allow for overseas carriers. reason you see rogers is thats roaming mode on and connected to Rogers.

How can that be the case when it was working when I first installed the sim in the store?

Also I bought the phone new sim free???

hp13

Feb 17, 2011
Toronto
Google Pixel XL
How can that be the case when it was working when I first installed the sim in the store?

Also I bought the phone new sim free???

go to settings and go to apn settings. is it specific to telus? i had kitkat installed but apn settings never saved or let me change it. it was a bug. But in custom roms it was fixed.

anyways these are the apn settings for telus:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1977232

option 2) try other sims Bell, rogers, koodoo, fido. if they work then its unlocked phone.

factory reset if anything.

simmo0020

Dec 19, 2013
Out of Telus coverage?

Ok I gave up with it in the end and sold the sim card to a friend.

I bought a Rogers sim card as the phone was picking that up quite easily, ow my issue is I am only getting an EDGE connection when I am in an area that supports HSPA+

I'm really beginning to despair.

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Ok I gave up with it in the end and sold the sim card to a friend.

I bought a Rogers sim card as the phone was picking that up quite easily, ow my issue is I am only getting an EDGE connection when I am in an area that supports HSPA+

I'm really beginning to despair.

Sorry.. no ideas.