[GUIDE] Downgrade to HTC Froyo WWE for Revolutionary (HBOOT 1.01.0001)

Search This thread

ieftm

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 17, 2008
Hi.

Lots of people seem to be having issues when trying to downgrade their Wildfire from a carrier-branded version (HBOOT 1.01.0002) to unbranded WWE (HBOOT 1.01.0001).

I made a small package to help you do this.

http://www.mediafire.com/?adny69lbvzbs1yg

Extract this package somewhere you can find it, like C:\buzzdowngrade

• Step 1: run step1.bat from the package. This will downgrade your MISC partition to allow for the RUU downgrade.

At the end, GoldCardTool will start up, to allow you to create a goldcard which you will need before starting Step 2.

After you've made the goldcard, and inserted it, continue with step 2.

• Step 2: run step2.bat from the package. This will downgrade your ROM version to HTC WWE Froyo for Wildfire (unbranded).

If you get a Customer ID error while doing this, your goldcard is not working!
    Create a new goldcard and re-run step2.

Last edited:

pepxl

May 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S10
Thanks You Sir

Branded UK Vodafone HBOOT 1.01.0002 to unbranded WWE HBOOT 1.01.0001, ran AlpharevX again and im now S-Off

Much appreciated

77flem

May 5, 2010
i am using a branded one with (HBOOT 1.01.0002) and s-off with alpharevx

Hi.

Lots of people seem to be having issues when trying to downgrade their Wildfire from a carrier-branded version (HBOOT 1.01.0002) to unbranded WWE (HBOOT 1.01.0001).

http://www.multiupload.com/HRN3YFTX2T

• Step 1: run step1.bat from the package. This will downgrade your MISC partition to allow for the RUU downgrade.

• it failed for here for psneuter so i have copy all in /data/local/tmp/

At the end, GoldCardTool will start up, to allow you to create a goldcard which you will need before starting Step 2.

[*]Step 2: run step2.bat from the package. This will downgrade your ROM version to HTC WWE Froyo for Wildfire (unbranded).

at the end i am still on HBOOT 1.01.0002 i missed something ?

thx

chbiz

Apr 1, 2011
Worked a treat, many thanks ... downgraded ... now to try AlphaRevX

UK Vodafone

Last edited:

shaadd0w

Jan 12, 2009
1 thanks dosen't count for IEF :)

thanks a lot , with ur guide i did it in 5 minute & used alpharevX to s-off

wildfire hboot 02 , am now rooted & on Cyanogenmod << ^_^.....
I respect u..

mohamed.qadiqadi

Mar 29, 2011
New Cairo
Moree guide

Can u make a little deeper explanation i did it twice at first it got me the black screen and htc logo and then nth happened , the second time it failed . What should i do
Edit : now the second step program closed and it is now no htc screen is this normal been like this for like 3 min ... help guys and btw the goldcard image didnt work so i installed another one

Last edited:

shaadd0w

Jan 12, 2009
Can u tell me exactly what u did to be able to downgrade like step by step as i really dont understand what he wants
Really eager for testing cyanogenmod

first step: he will downgrade ur misc partition to support flashing lower version rom>>

then he will help u get a gold card..(most imporatnt part).
thx to IEF make a lot easier,Then get ur card from ur mail.
put ur sd card in ur pc & let the program do all the hex for u.....

Run the second step & will be automaticly done once u put the gold card back to ur phone & wait...
if there is anything not clear specify it & mb i can help.

D

DeletedUser99284

hey guys is there an alternative package of files for unbranding on linux?

Format your SD card, generate a goldcard image online (sorry, can't remember right now, should be floating around the forum), use DD to "flash" it to the raw SD card device (/dev/sde or something like this, do "sudo fdisk -l" to find out exactly). MAKE SURE YOU USE THE RIGHT DEVICE. If not, you can easily overwrite the bootloader and/or partition table. Both are annoying, but fixable as long as you have some kind of Live CD around.

Since the RUU is Windows-only, get the script called OpenRUU. It should be around this forum. Follow the instructions to extract rom.zip out of the RUU and debrand.

Entreated

Jul 6, 2010
Worked Effortlessly..
Vodafone 0002 Down to 0001 and S-OFF'ed
Install Clockwork and CM7 tomorrow =)

Thanks a bunch for this.

faz1511

Mar 11, 2011
hi sorry can you tell me step by step what to do and how to do the gold card and where to put it when it is done got no idea what i am doing

technolust109

May 22, 2011
Melbourne
not working for me. the cmd just closes and im still left with 1.01.002, is there a problem? i use a telstra pre-paid wildfire in australia :) any help appreciated :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.

http://www.mediafire.com/?adny69lbvzbs1yg

• Step 2: run step2.bat from the package. This will downgrade your ROM version to HTC WWE Froyo for Wildfire (unbranded).

Hi.

http://www.multiupload.com/HRN3YFTX2T

At the end, GoldCardTool will start up

Step 1.1 : Click Get CID and wait..Copy your CID.
      Step 1.2 : Click "Open Revskills.de"
      Step 1.3 : Fill the form enter your CID and Click Generate Goldcard.
      Step 1.4 : You will get your Goldcard via an email. Save the goldgard somewhere, like C:\buzzdowngrade
      Step 1.5 : Put your phone as a disc drive mode from usb
      Step 1.6 : IN golcard tool, at the MMC Tool section, you must see your SD Card.
      Step 1.7: Click Load Goldcard.img then find the goldcard image you have just received.
      Step 1.8 : Click Patch MMC.
      , to allow you to create a goldcard which you will need before starting Step 2.

Go there to downgroad http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2404232 and for the rest, to root, go to the HTC dev website or alpharex.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium
    it gives error because the commands in the bat file are unknown for my os it gives
    'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file so what i can do to fix this problem
    note: my os is windows 7 32 bit version

install adb?...
    Well I must be missing something as I cannot get root!

I thought S-off was essentially completley different to root!

What do I need to do to get to HBoot .01.0001 from .002 ??

It never used to be so much hasstle with the older HTC's

Think I may go back to my HD2. Big n Bulky but reliable and easy to flash..

Now as you said that yr device is S-OFF. follow the steps in given link and then u will be rooted, after that u can flash any custom rom

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1130044