Tizen OS Source Code Available

Search This thread

s8isfi

Mar 16, 2011
I am following this thread for the past one year and I have yet to see someone post even a partially working build of maemo, meego, Limo, or Tizen as they call it these days. So here is the suggestion to all the devs who can make a build for the HD2, please make a partially working build so that someone else can improve upon it.
thanks in advance.

zephr5

Jan 9, 2009
Merced
@s8isfi I have been following for a looking time also. I gave up a long time ago I don't even know why I'm on the forum.

Sent from my Schubert using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

diwa_sen

Dec 17, 2010
Chennai
Hi All,

I have downloaded the Tizen 1.0 ARM image from here and created new initrd.cpio and mounted all required filesystems (EXT4) to make Tizen boot from HD2. Used the kernel from here

Initially i was able to see some dialogs saying default depth should be 24 or 32. Then I configured xorg with framebuffer and with default depth as 16 as mentioned in Htc-Linux. I almost had it :D. Now i am stuck at black screen with a cursor displayed for long time :crying:.

I think I am missing something. This is the first time I am trying to do all this stuff. Need to go much more deep into it. I hope this should not take much time. I will try to come up with a positive status in this...

Cheers,
Diwakar

HTC HD2 - The Immortal

Last edited:

diwa_sen

Dec 17, 2010
Chennai
Sure. I will share those files asap.

Okay let me share some news on my second try on Tizen in HD2. After long struggle Tizen boot was successful till the Tizen startup animation showed up!!! :good:

Now I could see a pop up error message (WOW! I can see a graphical content :p) saying that the compositor must need 24 or 32 depth. But HD2 is configured Xorg and working fine only with 16bpp depth. So? Is it not possible to bring Tizen's UI with 16 bit depth?

Last edited:
Reactions: tung91

Spaqin

Oct 5, 2010
What do you mean "it works fine only with 16bpp depth"? What are the consequences of 24 or 32bpp depth?

diwa_sen

Dec 17, 2010
Chennai
I apologize for not being clear.

When the depth was set as 24, the graphics looked like solarized and still no UI showed up.

Then I set the depth as 16 and connected a mouse through USB Hosting. When I right click, I can see 4 buttons "Volume Up", "Volume Down", "Home" and sorry i forgot one more button's text. When I clicked Volume Up button, I was able to see a dialog with volume slider but this dialog was cropped and displayed beyond the resolution. I presume the resolution has not fixed for 480x800. I will post some pics on this later.

Need some more time for me to know about X Window system / Composite Window Manager. Info#1 Info#2

Last edited:

diwa_sen

Dec 17, 2010
Chennai
After several tries and reworks still the screen remains black and with mouse pointer. But the mouse pointer is moving when a mouse connected to usb host and with touchscreen events as well. Anyone can suggest. Here is my xorg.config
# ------------------------------------------------------------
#Section "ServerFlags"
# Option "blank time" "0"
# Option "standby time" "0"
# Option "suspend time" "0"
# Option "off time" "0"
#EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Builtin Default Layout"
Screen "Framebuffer"
InputDevice "htcleo-ts"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
Option "DPMS" "true"
Mode "480x800"
DotClock 0
HTimings 480 480 480 480
VTimings 800 800 800 800
Flags "-HSync" "-VSync"
EndMode
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "fbdev0"
Driver "fbdev"
Option "ShadowFB" "on"
Option "Rotate" "CW"
Option "RandRRotation" "on"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Framebuffer"
Device "fbdev0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultFbBpp 32
SubSection "Display"
Depth 32
Modes "480x800"
EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "htcleo-ts"
Driver "evdev"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/event0"
# Option "InvertX"
Option "SwapAxes" "true"
# Option "Calibration" "972 4 569 15"
EndSection

tagizadeh

Sep 15, 2009
thank you very very much
plz uplode all needed download faile in other server
i can not download....
thank

diwa_sen

Dec 17, 2010
Chennai
Almost had it :)

Hi All,

Update:
Tizen 1.0 was able to boot till the Enlightenment window showed up :) using emulfb driver and touch screen working fine. Unfortunately the Enlightenment window stopped unexpectedly. As of now I am not able to track down the issue.

Have a look into the screenshot

firstboot2.jpg

Diving in much more deeper... Hope we soon get Tizen working on HD2!! :good:

Tizen Image source: LINK
Ref: LINK
Kernel: LINK

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Almost had it :)

Hi All,

Update:
    Tizen 1.0 was able to boot till the Enlightenment window showed up :) using emulfb driver and touch screen working fine. Unfortunately the Enlightenment window stopped unexpectedly. As of now I am not able to track down the issue.

Have a look into the screenshot

firstboot2.jpg

Diving in much more deeper... Hope we soon get Tizen working on HD2!! :good:

Tizen Image source: LINK
    Ref: LINK
    Kernel: LINK
    Hey friends,

We have heard about the Tizen OS. It is yet another linux os for the mobiles & smartphones. It seems that they have released their source code over here:

SOURCE CODE

and the SDK as well...

Hope to we can see this on our beloved HD2 soon.
    After several tries and reworks still the screen remains black and with mouse pointer. But the mouse pointer is moving when a mouse connected to usb host and with touchscreen events as well. Anyone can suggest. Here is my xorg.config
    # ------------------------------------------------------------
    #Section "ServerFlags"
    # Option "blank time" "0"
    # Option "standby time" "0"
    # Option "suspend time" "0"
    # Option "off time" "0"
    #EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "Builtin Default Layout"
    Screen "Framebuffer"
    InputDevice "htcleo-ts"
    EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "Monitor0"
    Option "DPMS" "true"
    Mode "480x800"
    DotClock 0
    HTimings 480 480 480 480
    VTimings 800 800 800 800
    Flags "-HSync" "-VSync"
    EndMode
    EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "fbdev0"
    Driver "fbdev"
    Option "ShadowFB" "on"
    Option "Rotate" "CW"
    Option "RandRRotation" "on"
    EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Framebuffer"
    Device "fbdev0"
    Monitor "Monitor0"
    DefaultFbBpp 32
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 32
    Modes "480x800"
    EndSubSection
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "htcleo-ts"
    Driver "evdev"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/event0"
    # Option "InvertX"
    Option "SwapAxes" "true"
    # Option "Calibration" "972 4 569 15"
    EndSection
    Hi All,

I have downloaded the Tizen 1.0 ARM image from here and created new initrd.cpio and mounted all required filesystems (EXT4) to make Tizen boot from HD2. Used the kernel from here

Initially i was able to see some dialogs saying default depth should be 24 or 32. Then I configured xorg with framebuffer and with default depth as 16 as mentioned in Htc-Linux. I almost had it :D. Now i am stuck at black screen with a cursor displayed for long time :crying:.

I think I am missing something. This is the first time I am trying to do all this stuff. Need to go much more deep into it. I hope this should not take much time. I will try to come up with a positive status in this...

Cheers,
    Diwakar

HTC HD2 - The Immortal
    Tried to boot the latest image of Tizen (LINK) but it looks like DEVTMPFS is not enabled in the kernel. Tried with the latest kernel as well but unable to load /dev. Need to modify the kernel and compile it.