[PROJ][Ongoing..]SE Xperia X1 Panels Porting Project for Touch HD!!! - NO CAB YET!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

!SINGH!

Jan 22, 2007
Solihull
I did create a post..asking if anyone had started work on this...
Got not one reply... :(

Seeing as i have them both.. x1 and HD..
So.. i thought.... Lets have a go....

Proof of concept only.....not a distributable version.
Sony Xperia X1 Panels.....Running on Touch HD

It's got a long way to go and lots of work needed... but it should
end up a very good addition to the Touch HD, and once done, work can commence on porting to different resolutions.

I like the look of this front end alot better than the TF3D

What do you guys reckon?

THERE IS NO CAB. ASK AT YOUR PERIL!
Anyone asking for it, will be flogged, tarred, feathered and called a leper!

Staus Updates

11/12/2008

There has been advances but very slow ones, It has been very "finiky" getting those "right changes" to commit more "stability changes"

It is because the HD was never meant to host Panels, and thus, is causing me a real pain in the backside! I'm currently looking at different roms, and versions of software, to try alternate file versions, to see if a combination is what is needed. Once this part is done, it should address a great deal of issues. Upto about 3 Hard resets a night, I think i should have a special button to do it on the back!

03/12/2008

It has been brought to my attention, there is a Cab available on another thread, but i have no input on this.
It is at the same point i was about a month ago.
It is a simple copy and paste from a X1 and is unstable.

I did not put out a version like this, as It requires your phone be reset after running panels after about 5 times, and i am aware why.
I thought It would be unfair to users to give them something that would pretty much trash the stability of the HD.

You know where it is if you do not care about this, and just want to install it.

I will not be putting out my version till i know atleast it will not trash your phone. That would subtract from the work done, and after some of us spending 500GBP+ the last thing needed is a paperweight.

01/12/2008
With the help of 'Keni'.. a new junior member... He has helped move us along also.. and produced...

The Panel icon on the titlebar. :)
It does need work.. and for it to function i need help again from nelshh

But he has no-doubt spent alot of time.. and got some code done.
I have to commend his effort.. and now wish to happily add him to the contributer list along with nelshh

See post 304 for pic and wmv

Thanks keni !

I am still working on te next alpha build and am struggling with the concurrence manager.
After using panels chooser anywhere from 5-10 times.. it egg timers out.. and batt out is the only recourse.

The testing on one of my HD's is now at a point.. it is a daily reset at minimum,,, but i'll carry on. :)

27/11/08
This has been such a painful last few days.... I have had unknown numbers of hard-resets trying to get the failing panels to operate properly.
2 developers are currently trying to help create the panel icon (see post 104) If anyone else can help aaswell...????

At the moment.. it's still doign my head in... but i am still working on this..
Those of you who have made donations.. and the kind words.. I am very grateful... and the bottle of White Zinfandel has been bought.. and shall be devoured tomorrow by her.!

I know alot of you guys are awaiting on me.. and that's why i haven't stopped.
Thanks guys... (and their mrs's for not divorcing them!)

PS.. my wife also wants a developer to create a couple of buttons on her omnia.

One button = Husband puts down phones!
Two Button = Husband does not grunt when asked question by her.. cos he is engrossed in panels!
Three button = Husband does not buy another new phone ever ever ever again!

I told her.. this is impossible... but she still asked me to find out.

:)

23/11/08
The Alpha Cab has gone out to 5 selected testers.
This is a test version.. with many bugs.

So far.. this is the feedback

It installs.
It launches
It works

However.
Media panel & Facebook panel don't work on Alpha 0.02
Panel launcher Working. 3 testers had issues with relaunches after 5 times.It then becomes unresponsive
TF3d / Coloured Xperia / Silver Xperia / Radio Panel / SPB Panel / Google panel and Fish Panel all operate.
Animation works well on all.

I will work to address some of these.. and release a second alpha cab only to the Alpha testers.

19/11/2008
Alpha Build 0.02.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4rnX1V8cLiw

15/11/2008
Big jump made by all work done by nelshh (http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=916337)

He has developed a working prototype that will call the panel manager tab.

So.. AS OF TODAY.. the 15th.. thanks to nelshh, we have something that now functions..and needs finalising and wrapping.

I will contact people to see if you can also help.

But please give nelshh a big thanks on this thread... for all his work in his project Xperiatweak (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=440035)... and also his work on here.

Thanks nelshh

15/11/2008
Added Tube video
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jo0ZhxOi8s

12/11/2008
added yet another tube.. GSen and the Panels... It works...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8fqQFMKCRJc

10/11/2008
Added another Video.... showing all progress...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz3zptQed7Q

Last edited:

vijayvasa

May 5, 2007
hi,

Am sure lot of guys here would be interested to do the testing & developement for you.Can you post here, how you started with porting panels onto HD? I searched for the panels cab and cant find anything on this xda ? Would be useful if you could give some more information,

regards
vijayvasa

Nara-e-Mastana

Mar 28, 2007
Karachi
The panels looks good on HD as comapre to X1 because of the large screen. Do share the cabs and procedure to do that once you are done.

Thanks in advance.

Ascenca83

Nov 1, 2008
Zurich
Hope the panels work faster than on the X1 otherwise they are useless. On the X1 they are way to slow to work productively with them.
But the chance that they work faster on the HD are small, right? Cos the hardware of both the X1 and the HD are about the same, are they?

Also looking forward for a cab file for testing them by myself.

Ascenca

cadenza

Sep 24, 2008
Heidelberg
Hello Harvsingh,
I would be very interested in helping you, but I have absolutely no experience in programing (besides my old ti-83plus;)). Do you think I could help you somehow? Can you tell me what I should do? I don't want to loose this project only because nobody here wants to help... So, if I can do something, I'll try to do it!! I think I'll get my HD this week, than I can try everything and if you tell me, also other things. I really want to help... Greez, cad^^

multan

Sep 6, 2008
Great to see this post!

Have seen someone porting TouchFlo3D to Xperia, and was wondering whether anyone would port the Xperia Panel over to Touch HD.

Well, hopefully you would share the cab file for the rest of us to do a test on it, and more people to come and improve on it.

Do you manage to get the gold fish to work too? Guess it would really be nice to let the gold fish swim on the bigger screen.

!SINGH!

Jan 22, 2007
Solihull
Great to see this post!

Have seen someone porting TouchFlo3D to Xperia, and was wondering whether anyone would port the Xperia Panel over to Touch HD.

Well, hopefully you would share the cab file for the rest of us to do a test on it, and more people to come and improve on it.

Do you manage to get the gold fish to work too? Guess it would really be nice to let the gold fish swim on the bigger screen.

Thanks for the words.....

Yes.. all panels work.. but not after a reboot..
Fish are very happy in the bigger tank.. and stroking the screen has the same affect on scared little fishy

It's now a case in finding out what is causing it to flap itself on a reboot.

On a hard reset... going through my way to wedge the panels in.. works... then on reboot... i cannot start it.

Also.. after selecting the panel you want.. i'm still to find the call it makes from the X1 panel button to call up panel chooser with the tiled view.. so. when you've selected the panel.. you cannot re-choose another.

but.. this is my first day in doing this.. and i guess i'll plod along.. till i find it.. or just think screw it.

Ascenca83

Nov 1, 2008
Zurich
Hello Harvsingh,
I would be very interested in helping you, but I have absolutely no experience in programing (besides my old ti-83plus;)). Do you think I could help you somehow? Can you tell me what I should do? I don't want to loose this project only because nobody here wants to help... So, if I can do something, I'll try to do it!! I think I'll get my HD this week, than I can try everything and if you tell me, also other things. I really want to help... Greez, cad^^
Same thing here. Would like to help with it also I really dont have much experience with WM at all. But I will help where I can cos this project has to develop to a fine product :D

SingaporeAirlines

Nov 3, 2008
Hertfordshire
Thanks.... good to know i'm not the only one who would have liked to see it on the HD or others

Well to be honest, the Panels are more a marketing USP than anything else. While they are convenient, I have no issue or propensity against going into each thing separately as per normal.

But if you could get it working fully, it would be great. SonyEricsson wouldn't be too happy about it though I think !

cadenza

Sep 24, 2008
Heidelberg
For me, this is an extremely exieting project, because I only hoped/feared that there'll be some developers, bringing some great programs for the panels and nobody else could use them. Like spb-panel, I like it really a lot from what I've seen in videos. So, than I could have the best of both worlds, on a biiig screen^^ please, work on, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's very, very interestet in this project!!! And I want to congratulate you already for the work you've done until now!! Its amazing!!! Go on, finish it;) I wish you good, good luck and if you need any help I could do, I give you my word that I'll try to do my best!! Many greez, cad^^

Acelister

Apr 3, 2008
Banbury
I didn't have the audio on, if there was any, but it's just showing that it's possible. That's the first time I've seen it in action, and I'll admit it may be a little slow, but it looks better than the TouchFlo3D... I'd definitely install it.

!SINGH!

Jan 22, 2007
Solihull
I didn't have the audio on, if there was any, but it's just showing that it's possible. That's the first time I've seen it in action, and I'll admit it may be a little slow, but it looks better than the TouchFlo3D... I'd definitely install it.

No-one wants to hear me talk...

So. i just quicky launched it up.. and ran through..

All buttons work.. i was trying to juggle a TYTN II... look at the phone and tytn.. and press buttons... so .. i may not have pressed buttons properly..

But.. trust me.. they all work... and as quick/quicker than on the Sony X1.def not slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.