New Prime announced, so it's time to new petition to Asus!

Search This thread

jotka2

Dec 26, 2011
Lublin
Hi friends
The time has come for the revolution. In connection with the way the Asus treats its customers I think we should start a revolution and a massive public campaign on the back cover replacement programme or any other solution to the problem of weak WiFi and/or GPS in Transformer Prime. The Internet is the power they are afraid of.

Asus' President would be very interested in the situation. He would like to know the way his company treats its customers.

We have to let him know... We have to make a change :)

xAnimal5

Oct 14, 2011
Hi friends
The time has come for the revolution. In connection with the way the Asus treats its customers I think we should start a revolution and a massive public campaign on the back cover replacement programme or any other solution to the problem of weak WiFi and/or GPS in Transformer Prime. The Internet is the power they are afraid of.

Asus' President would be very interested in the situation. He would like to know the way his company treats its customers.

The new prime has a Qualcomm crap chip. nuff said.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Meanee

Mar 24, 2008
You mean the 7" tablet aimed at different market? Yep, let's petition every living thing! Occupy Asus! Torches and pitchforks! :rolleyes:

Reactions: mindchip

xAnimal5

Oct 14, 2011

From slash gear, it appears that the only changes are
-1080p
-2mp camera instead of 1.3
-changed back plate

I already got really good, constant wifi connection
My BT works fine with my Game pad and my Galaxy Note
I'm own phone, there's no need for a GPS
1080p = More battery drain for something that only Prime users will notice the diff.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Last edited:

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
In order for this to have any change of success, we should work out possible solutions first.
Noone is helped with just bashing their facebook walls.

Let's collect some opinions and options for ASUS.

seven2099

Sep 14, 2010
Montreal

briant97

Jun 12, 2007
Here is a better link.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/asus-eee-pad-transformer-prime-tf700t-hands-on-0/#4728347

This is not a 7 inch version this is a 10.1. If you look at the back it is the exact one we need to make the prime work. So my opinion is they knew that aluminum was flawed but decided to leave it on. Then release this to fix it. While everyone wasted their hard earned money so they could be the first tegra 3 on the market.

They should upgrade us for free to the new one. Also it is still puzzling why the tf101 is going for the same price as before the prime came out.

briant97

Jun 12, 2007
Thanks for that and I am left out to hang even more like a nutsack as I sent mine back for repair and should have just got a damn refund :)

jotka2

Dec 26, 2011
Lublin
You mean the 7" tablet aimed at different market? Yep, let's petition every living thing! Occupy Asus! Torches and pitchforks! :rolleyes:

No i mean new 10 incher shown at CES, beta tested by us using TF201. That's not the way they should do their business. I love my TF201 and I'm not going to sell it. But I do not like to be treated like a retard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends

This is ridiculous, pushing out a "fix" model and leaving the early birds behind. This is definitely bad business practice. I'm definitely not happy with just backplate change. They need some trade-in program or atleast some upgrade program for the TF201 owners. This is just ridiculous. :mad:

Okay, so: ASUS hasn't "pushed out a 'fix' model." The TF700 that was demo'd at CES won't be on the market until Q2, according to ASUS, and if I had to guess it'll be the tail end of Q2 if not beginning of Q3. But certainly, it's not available TODAY or anytime soon.

Was it a mistake for ASUS to show the TF700 with an obviously rushed redesign of the back plate? Hell yeah. If I were them, I wouldn't have done it. Then again, if they DIDN'T show a redesigned backplate, then they'd be the laughing stock of CES. Everyone would be pointing to the TF700 and asking why ASUS kept the same all-metal backplate.

So, then, should they have simply not shown the TF700? At the biggest consumer electronics tradeshow of the year? When the competition is busy showing off THEIR new stuff (that also won't be out for months, if ever)? Man, that's asking a lot, to expect a company to so seriously limit their own success just to avoid pissing off a few thousand disgruntled customers.

Jesus, people, let's give them some time to respond. This petition would be a good idea, ASUS does need to do something for people who bought the Prime and didn't find out about the GPS issue until after their return period was over. But expecting them to give up their place in the market to keep that relative handful of people happy is... well... ****ing stupid.
    Finaly! A voice of reason!

Okay, so: ASUS hasn't "pushed out a 'fix' model." The TF700 that was demo'd at CES won't be on the market until Q2, according to ASUS, and if I had to guess it'll be the tail end of Q2 if not beginning of Q3. But certainly, it's not available TODAY or anytime soon.

Was it a mistake for ASUS to show the TF700 with an obviously rushed redesign of the back plate? Hell yeah. If I were them, I wouldn't have done it. Then again, if they DIDN'T show a redesigned backplate, then they'd be the laughing stock of CES. Everyone would be pointing to the TF700 and asking why ASUS kept the same all-metal backplate.

So, then, should they have simply not shown the TF700? At the biggest consumer electronics tradeshow of the year? When the competition is busy showing off THEIR new stuff (that also won't be out for months, if ever)? Man, that's asking a lot, to expect a company to so seriously limit their own success just to avoid pissing off a few thousand disgruntled customers.

Jesus, people, let's give them some time to respond. This petition would be a good idea, ASUS does need to do something for people who bought the Prime and didn't find out about the GPS issue until after their return period was over. But expecting them to give up their place in the market to keep that relative handful of people happy is... well... ****ing stupid.

Dude, I could not have said it better (that's why I didn't... you did!) Sure I'm pissed that they trotted out a backplate that is just about exactly what's needed to fix a TF201, if obviously a quick and dirty solution. That was really rubbing the issue in our faces. But a reasonable request for resolution needs to be framed. To just stamp our collective feet, have atantrum and say: You gave me a BAD one... I wanna NEW one..." is not only going to have zero chance to accomplish ANYTHING, it is going to lead nowhere.

Asus COULD replace backplates, on a voluntary basis for those that would be happy with that as a solution but they will not even make a move, if we, as users, and early adopters do not present a collective voice, and a somewhat united appeal. They are NOT going to upgrade more than a handful of people to the "new improved" model. And who would that handful of people be? Either ones that have connections with Asus, in some way, by knowing someone, and those who know how to work the "squeeky wheel" process.

I am a squeeky as hell wheel, I must admit. I not only got my TFP completely free from my retailer (a big blue and yellow one) but got a $50 Gift Certificate to boot. Yes, a LOT of folks will call BS on that, but I don't mind, and I don't need to prove it either. (I DID have to buy a dock, so in total, I am out just $100 for the Prime. Considering my sale of TF101 for $375, and I am actually UP $275, plust a TFP with no GPS.) Not TOO shabby, but guess what? I will surely TRY to get it replaced with a shiny (well, acually it's LESS shiny, LOL) new TF700 I have nothing to lose.

Just be reasonable, tenacious, and speak your mind to THE RIGHT PEOPLE. *****ing on XDA does about as much good as telling the bartender your wife doesn't understand you.

While everyone was moaning and groaning in the forums, I was getting email addresses and writing management. Present yourself well, but don't let anyone off the hook. They KNOW they f'ed up. You jus need to work that to your advantage. But wait till I am finished with them, huh? I don't need any company with my approach
    Yes, but starting this thread my idea was to COMMUNICATE the need for backplate exchange. We have to let them know that this would be satisfying option for us. Just dont have the idea how to send the message for Asus higher managers...

look on there facebook page. I already ripped them a new a hole! also got into them on Gplus