Boot sound

Search This thread

hayzy00

Feb 4, 2010
Hey guys I'm using the free xperia cm7 rom. I've managed to change my boot screen from the default cm7 one to the PlayStation one using files from another thread. I did this using adb push commands but couldn't for the life of me get the audio that goes with it to load. Anyone managed this yet?
Sent from my R800i using XDA App

leots

Apr 13, 2012
I think you have to copy the mp3 file to /data/local (delete the mp3 that is there with the same name)

EDIT: I tested it with the boot sound from that PlayStation boot logo and it didn't work...

Sent from my R800i using XDA

Last edited:

agraceful

Mar 29, 2011
I got it to work but didn't flash the zip. I opened it up and copied what needed to be copied over to my phone manually. You can go to the ORIGINAL thread which I believe is linked in his thread and it should work

leots

Apr 13, 2012
Did the sound work? What Rom/kernel do you use? Because I copied them myself too, but the sound doesn't work

agraceful

Mar 29, 2011
Did the sound work? What Rom/kernel do you use? Because I copied them myself too, but the sound doesn't work

I just tried it on fxp119 with the included kernel last week and worked fine. Only thing that went weird was it made a green line appear near the top on my boot logo :/

leots

Apr 13, 2012
Ehh... I'm using the stock rom, maybe that's why the sound didn't work. There are no green lines though :)