[APP] Voice Search Assistant (formerly Voice Search for Google Now) | DEC 11 | [NEW!]

Search This thread

Johny_G

May 27, 2009
Prague
www.gruncl.cz
Only for The Google Now for ICS Project users!

Simple addition for those who use Google Now on Android 4.0 with ARMv6 and want to take advantage of voice recognition. It won't work correctly on older versions of Google Voice Search, and it will not bring Google Now itself to your phone.

You can immediately start the voice recognition (without pressing the button) by holding down Search button for a while. Launcher shortcut is also available.

Changelog
Code:
1.3.2:
- Tweaked Manifest and minimal API Level to make this available for older devices with custom 4.0 ROMs

1.3:
- Renamed and repackaged to meet Google Play Android Developer Program Policy and Google Play Android Developer Distribution Agreement (DDA)
- You need to uninstall the old version first
- Fixed the bug when sometimes the first search did not work
- It is now possible to turn the voice talkback off
- The donate model was complete disaster, so buy it or let it go :)

1.2:
- App now integrates with the microphone icon on Google Now search widget

1.1:
- App now speaks back to you
- Fixed crash

Download

On Google Play

APK Mirror is no longer available.

Last edited by a moderator:

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
good app..just tried it ..it can be a replacement for the current no voice search

the only small issue i found is ..i need to press enter again in google NOW ..once the words are translated and kept in search box ..to complete the search
(or is this actually not supposed to happen and i missed something ?)

Reactions: kociubin

rzabcio

Jul 7, 2010
Poznan
Does not work. Cannot find class com.google.android.voicesearch.IntentApiActivity.
Desire S, latest Theos0o vesion 5 Google Now app installed in /system/bin. Any idea?

safeplayer22

Jan 23, 2009
New York
agree with ganeshp. have to press enter again after the words are inputted into the search box.
can it be set to start by just pressing the search key and not long hold cause I have set long hold being voice command.

cbd dvd

May 15, 2012
Barcelona
very good app. what happens is that asks you to complete the search options ...
could not be like the google search now on jb???
I guess in the next updates will be made ...
thanks!!!!

acjigga

Sep 6, 2007
I love the idea of this app - great job! Would it be possible to add voice calling capability?

terenceleechan

Jun 14, 2010
pasig
can you make another option instead of search button since sgs2 has no search button? like long press home or menu button? thanks!

edit: my rom (slimrom) doesn't have long press menu for search

Last edited:

blackhartct

May 27, 2012
Hartford
Works fine. I was wondering how I can make this pop up when I hit my search button on my search bar. Right now the search that comes up doesn't use Google now

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Johny_G

May 27, 2009
Prague
www.gruncl.cz
Thanks for your support! Little update is up, but I've ran out of time for today :).

Changelog
1.1:
- Fixed crash

There is no solution for the "you have to press enter" issue yet. But I will work on it! Other features depend on my time and your donations :)).

Bexton

Sep 26, 2011
50° 56' 33" 6° 57' 32"
Does not work. Cannot find class com.google.android.voicesearch.IntentApiActivity.
Desire S, latest Theos0o vesion 5 Google Now app installed in /system/bin. Any idea?

Same here:

Code:
07-13 16:16:41.911: E/AndroidRuntime(2029): android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: Unable to find explicit activity class {com.google.android.voicesearch/com.google.android.voicesearch.IntentApiActivity}; have you declared this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?

Nexus One, AOSP 4.0.4, latest Theos0o vesion 5 as system app

Edit: As fof the updated version i can't see it!? Market description still says Version 1.0?
Edit2: You beat me in answering my question before I even asked it! :D

Last edited:

Johny_G

May 27, 2009
Prague
www.gruncl.cz
Just check the updates, I think I fixed that :). It might take a few minutes before it gets available on Google Play.

EDIT: Well, it seems that it can take hours... Google Play became very slow in distributing changes lately. Still better than Apple AppStore and BlackBerry AppWorld though :-D.

Last edited:

rzabcio

Jul 7, 2010
Poznan
With updated version there is another error. In deed, I can run the application, but the effect is the same, as within standard Google Now: "Didn't catch that!"
I must have something broken in standard voice recognition system, cause it does not work everywhere...

::EDIT:: NEVERMIND. While experimenting with voice input I have removed Voice Search app. After reinstalling everything works. Thanks!

Last edited:

safeplayer22

Jan 23, 2009
New York
Working so far. The speaks back to you part is simply speaking out my search, not speaking out the answer. e.g.
I say, "what is 10+10", then press search on the keyboard, it will say "searching for what is 10+10" then shows the result of 10+10=20. But it does not speak "10+10=20" is this how it should work?

Last edited:

Johny_G

May 27, 2009
Prague
www.gruncl.cz
Yes it is :). It's just simple utility I made so I don't have to type everything in, but it does not actually alter Google Now! features. There are ways to improve it and implement some more magic, but I'm not sure it's worth it :).

kinkade

Aug 19, 2009
brisbane
could not be found

this looks awesome but when i try and download it it gives me an oops could not be found or a oops there was a problem try again later message, never seen those before anyone know whats going on?

any chance of posting an apk?

edit: started working

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Only for The Google Now for ICS Project users!

Simple addition for those who use Google Now on Android 4.0 with ARMv6 and want to take advantage of voice recognition. It won't work correctly on older versions of Google Voice Search, and it will not bring Google Now itself to your phone.

You can immediately start the voice recognition (without pressing the button) by holding down Search button for a while. Launcher shortcut is also available.

Changelog
    Code:
    1.3.2:
    - Tweaked Manifest and minimal API Level to make this available for older devices with custom 4.0 ROMs

1.3:
    - Renamed and repackaged to meet Google Play Android Developer Program Policy and Google Play Android Developer Distribution Agreement (DDA)
    - You need to uninstall the old version first
    - Fixed the bug when sometimes the first search did not work
    - It is now possible to turn the voice talkback off
    - The donate model was complete disaster, so buy it or let it go :)

1.2:
    - App now integrates with the microphone icon on Google Now search widget

1.1:
    - Fixed crash

Download

On Google Play

APK Mirror is no longer available.
    Thanks for making this! My suggestions:

*Toggle voice on/off repeating back what ask (and ideally, add an option where it only repeats back when in hands-free mode)
    *Auto-submit/enter after pasting into Google now
    *Auto-start listening after opening your app without having to hit the button
    *integrating this app with the voice button from within the Google now app

Thanks again!

The app is currently suspended by Google itself, so I will not work on it until the issue is settled, however:

1) I might do that :).
    2) I still cannot find a way to do that. But I'm trying.
    3) It is already done by search-long-press, launcher shortcut and microphone icon on persistent search widget.
    4) This cannot be done for now.
    Just check the updates, I think I fixed that :). It might take a few minutes before it gets available on Google Play.

EDIT: Well, it seems that it can take hours... Google Play became very slow in distributing changes lately. Still better than Apple AppStore and BlackBerry AppWorld though :-D.
    I will change few things and re-release.
    Thanks for your support! Little update is up, but I've ran out of time for today :).

Changelog
    1.1:
    - Fixed crash

There is no solution for the "you have to press enter" issue yet. But I will work on it! Other features depend on my time and your donations :)).