Your opinions on this phone?

Search This thread

famous145

Sep 16, 2010
So my upgrade is in a couple of weeks. I have been deciding from The htc droid dna, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, or this phone. What are your opinions on this phone or problems you have noticed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zomgalama

joshua5683

Feb 15, 2013
Ooh nice choices. I've only used the s3 out of the 3 but it's really nice. I haven't had any problems with it and it has a good selection of roms / kernels.

pocii29

Nov 27, 2012
I absolutely love this phone. Running carbon rom with it. Lots of great development here and good hardware. Perfect size for me too.

fillyo

Aug 18, 2010
I've owned my share of phones and the GS3 is the first phone that has cured my flashaholicism.. I am running cleanRom 4.5 and it just works. Battery life is all you can ask for and the phone has all the capabilities of any other phone. I have been 100% happy with this phone and have not had any desire to upgrade to anything else. With that being said, it is 8 months old and the S4 and HTC One are coming. At this stage, you may be best waiting for one of those two.

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
The GS3 and Note 2 require cases due to their fragility. Performance wise they're both adequate. Expect occasional lags and Bluetooth routing issues when a headset is plugged in (SoundAbout paid app on the market fixes this) unless you use AOSP based ROMs which still have a litany of quirks and issues for both devices. Note 2 is a giant phone, but the added utility with the pen makes up for it.

Edit/addendum:

DNA shouldn't even be a consideration IMO. Android isn't quite ready for 1080p on the app side and the benefits of the faster hardware are lost due to the vastly increased pixel count. 16GB of non-expandable storage is a joke. Battery life is similar to the GS3 so I won't complain there. The device isn't officially supported by CM and probably won't be, unlike the GS3 and Note 2. Be prepared to love sense if you go this route.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

2k13i

Feb 21, 2013
Really after changing to android i got this S3 i cant remove my hands of it lol!

Chase.Barnett

May 16, 2012
I'm happy with my s3. And if your into rooting and installing roms, it's a great one to play with. Odin makes this phone unbrickable.

The note is just too big, IMHO.

I'm a.d.d so I like to change to something new every few months, unfortunately I'm out of upgrades.. I ran stock touchwiz for the last month and installed an AOSP room last night so I'm happy again for the time being.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
Owning the S3 for a while now it really makes me wish Verizon will carry another Nexus device. I was addicted to the S3 at first but it kind of just wore off now. If the Verizon Galaxy Nexus did not have so many flaws in it I would have never left it.

There is no experience like a Nexus experience!

Between the phones you are asking about, if the size of the Note 2 does not bother you then I would go for that. If it is to big, which for me it is I would then go to the S3. Wouldn't even consider the DNA. Actually at this point in time I wouldn't really consider anything from HTC. They have really went to crap and it just seems like they are recycling their same phones over and over again.

jjervis

Feb 5, 2013
If you are looking to run a stock phone for awhile, I would wait for the S4, but if you want root and have pages and pages of ROMs to continually try, then the S3 is the way to go.

hinds90

Feb 23, 2011
For the guys saying there getting great battery how many ours are you getting?

This phone is awesome! I haven't been able to put it down. I'm using liquidsmooth ROM and I love it. I just wish I could get more battery life but just like I said I haven't put it down since buying it.

Shibby87

Mar 13, 2012
The GS3 is great, I have the otterbox commuter and can still easily stick it in my pocket, the note 2 not so much however they are both great phones. If I could choose now, i;d wait and see what the specs on the Ubuntu Phone will be like and compare them to the GS4.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So my upgrade is in a couple of weeks. I have been deciding from The htc droid dna, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, or this phone. What are your opinions on this phone or problems you have noticed?