no IMEI and not able to root

Search This thread

Issa Eid

Mar 24, 2013
i have the galaxy grand duos i9082, with no imei number, it gives 000000000000../1
i tried to root the phone,to recover my imei, by installing CMW recovery by odin, but no custom recovery !! the official recovery still working.
and i noticed a strange red notification in download mode, i will put a screen-shot for that.
so any help please !:confused:

edit: root and recovery issue has been solved

Attachments

• 20140217_010215.jpg
    20140217_010215.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
i have the galaxy grand duos i9082, with no imei number, it gives 000000000000../1
i tried to root the phone,to recover my imei, by installing CMW recovery by odin, but no custom recovery !! the official recovery still working.
and i noticed a strange red notification in download mode, i will put a screen-shot for that.

How that happened? How you lost your IMEI? Do you have an EFS backup of IMEI? Have you tried rooting or installing any custom ROM?

Issa Eid

Mar 24, 2013
How that happened? How you lost your IMEI? Do you have an EFS backup of IMEI? Have you tried rooting or installing any custom ROM?

actually my friend gave me that phone to fix it! i don't know what happened!
but i noticed that in efs folder there is no file like (nv_data , nv_core ...etc), all files are deleted despite folders like (wifi, imei,carreir...etc)

iceyhotguy

Jan 27, 2012

The notification is present in all recent firmwares released by Samsung.
In one of the threads, a user mentioned downgrading/reflashing the firmware brought the IMEI back somehow.
Try this, downgrade to November 4.2.2 firmware (more stable and no red notification on download mode), clear cache from stock recovery. Check if you have your IMEI back, if not then you'll have to clean root traces and take it in to the service center to fix the EFS partition.

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi

That notification is not strange, it shows the firmware version of the Samsung eMMC (The e•MMC architecture puts the MMC components (flash memory plus controller) into a small ball grid array (BGA) package for use in circuit boards as an embedded non-volatile memory system).
That came up with the latest update, if EFS partition is not backed up, you may have to approach Service centre i guess!

Issa Eid

Mar 24, 2013
The notification is present in all recent firmwares released by Samsung.
In one of the threads, a user mentioned downgrading/reflashing the firmware brought the IMEI back somehow.
Try this, downgrade to November 4.2.2 firmware (more stable and no red notification on download mode), clear cache from stock recovery. Check if you have your IMEI back, if not then you'll have to clean root traces and take it in to the service center to fix the EFS partition.

the phone now has 4.2.2 firmware, what i know for sure that it was working normaly in one day and the next day something goes wrong, but i couldn't identify the main cause.
anw i will try to reflash that firmware maybe i will help

can i have a link for the right firmware.

Last edited:

iceyhotguy

Jan 27, 2012
the phone now has 4.2.2 firmware, what i know for sure that it was working normaly in one day and the next day something goes wrong, but i couldn't identify the main cause.
anw i will try to reflash that firmware maybe i will help

can i have a link for the right firmware.

this is the link to INU (India) K3 I mentioned above - http://samsung-updates.com/details/16513/Galaxy_Grand_Duos/GT-I9082/INU/I9082XXUBMK3.html

All other firmware can be found here - http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9082
Choose whichever is your region specific, preferably choose one with november 2013 build date not 2014.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That notification is not strange, it shows the firmware version of the Samsung eMMC (The e•MMC architecture puts the MMC components (flash memory plus controller) into a small ball grid array (BGA) package for use in circuit boards as an embedded non-volatile memory system).
    That came up with the latest update, if EFS partition is not backed up, you may have to approach Service centre i guess!