Camera

Just flashed, its nice!

Getting the "cannot connect camera"

Edit: yes I did perform a clean install

Last edited:

wickedninjalo

Mar 14, 2009
Gouldsboro
Love this rom. Just having same issues as everyone else with camera, I'm looking for a workaround for the camera if I find one ill let everyone know. Also I can't seem to get GPS to get a lock and work with maps. But I uses GPS Aids donate and that fixed it.

ca12bon

Mar 15, 2012
New Castle
OnePlus 8 Pro
Love this rom. Just having same issues as everyone else with camera, I'm looking for a workaround for the camera if I find one ill let everyone know. Also I can't seem to get GPS to get a lock and work with maps. But I uses GPS Aids donate and that fixed it.

Same here, I can't wait til the camera issue is resolved so I can use this ROM again. Somehow using 5 different mixture of Xposed modules...just doesn't do it for me

furrypotato

Oct 18, 2007
Port Talbot
Well I've seen a user on XDA say he had a test build of Carbon with working camera.
And I noticed that the official CarbonDev account on github has pulled the Sirius cm stuff a couple of days ago. So I would expect a fully working ROM soon.

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Alx31

May 15, 2013
Yeah probably will be available soon for sirius but the workaround is from kali and soon as its merged it will be for Carbon also.

Carbon have stopped nightlies, now they will shoot bi-weeklies...

wickedninjalo

Mar 14, 2009
Gouldsboro
Same here, I can't wait til the camera issue is resolved so I can use this ROM again. Somehow using 5 different mixture of Xposed modules...just doesn't do it for me

Same here. Xposed modules can't make a stock ROM function like an aosp based ROM. Then, if you want to use more than one module (e.g. for altering your system.ui you have to deal with glitches because of similar modules fighting for control) .

But hey I guess that's the trade off when a device is in early development. Either use a modified stock based rom with Xposed modules to try and get the same functionality as your favorite AOSP based rom or use one of these early AOSP based roms that have bugs.

We can always throw all caution to the wind and stay plain stock. -_-

I'm not going to harangue on. Me personally I'd love to help but I have little knowledge of compiling and building ROMS or kernels for Android. We do need more great minds working on the z2

Reactions: Alx31

Alx31

May 15, 2013
To make DU i need device tree and commons repos from omni...if they're not officially supported, i need someone to make 'em, i don't have yet knowledge to make it all by myself sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XzinYIT.png

Hi to all of you, Sirius owners.
    Let me introduce CarbonRom, Unofficial: since Z2 is not (yet) officially supported by Carbon team. Obviously this is for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
    This is only my compilation, all the real work has been done by Team Carbon

Andros11
    BigShotRob
    Bionic Beast
    dg4prez
    Kejar31
    mattmanwrx
    morfic
    nocoast
    pixeldotz
    slick_rick
    winner00
    vishal_android freak

The original thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2137013

Team carbon's Google+ : https://plus.google.com/communities...2/stream/f82fcffc-02a6-470e-a254-e200b9f78ee5

ng76.jpg

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

Android 4.4.2

As of today:

This is all very much a work in progress. Carbon Fibers are still in the process of being merged with 4.4.2, but I'm sure it'll be ready soon...

(all features will have to be verifed)

185721ezgifsave.gif

785689ezgifsave1.gif

Bugs:

Build 1 testing
    U tell me...

disclaimer_banner.jpg

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!

* Do not ask for ETAs!!

Instructions

1. Make sure you have CWM installed and a working nandroid backup

2. Download the ROM.

3. Place the ROM on your SD-Card.

4.Extract boot.img included in zip and fastboot flash it via Flashtool or CMD

5. Reboot to recovery.

6. Wipe data-factory reset/cache partition/dalvik cache

7. Flash the ROM.

Optional- Flash GApps.

8. Reboot and Enjoy Carbon!

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads

Carbon KK unofficial download folder

PA Gapps 4.4.2 thread

OFFICIAL Carbon's CHANGELOG

Here is my changelog, up here u have Carbon's official changelog to see what's happening at sources...

Code:
    [B][U]Build2[/U][/B]
    Carbon sources sunced
    Device tree fixed...
    Zip fixed

[B][U]Build1:[/U][/B]
    initial release... [B][COLOR=Red]--->[/COLOR][/B] test build
    Most of the builds from today (Z/ZR/ZL/Z1) had error status 7 while flashing
    Even some other brands did. Carbon team is aware and actually working on it
    If u have this issue, then wait for build2
    Credits

(in no particular order)

As i already mentionned, obviously Team Carbon you maybe can show some support to this team by donate'em ;)

Special thanks to these guys who teached me everything =)

@percy_g2
    @x10forevers

And indeed Sony,Google, and CyanogenMod team for their work, sources, repos,device trees, vendor files etc...

#include<iforgotyou.h>
    New build is up

Build 3 here

Changelog:

Carbon sources updated to 4.4.3
    repos updated

build will be available for download in 20 mins from now...
    The zip isnt flashing. I can open it ith 7zip without error but when I flash i flash with Philz recovery or the one included in CM build. It gives an Status 7 error, "set perm: some changes failed". It says there is an error in the zip. Please have a look.

if u read op it states in changelog that its the first build and a lot of Carbon builds were like that on last 2 nightlies.
    Cyanogen modified tool for ota package wich make all our build broke.
    I wasn't even able to build Friday, yesterday it went thru but as u saw error7 shows because init is trying to call and change perm on inexistant files...

I will build another one soon as its fixed. Don't worry i will also update 2/3 times a week... ;)

Tapatalked from my PolluxWindy
    New build is up

Build 4 here

Changelog

Carbon sources updated
    Repos updated

see official carbon changelog for more infos
    New build is up

Build 6 here

Changelog

Carbon sources updated
    repos updated