[ROM][9.x][beta]crDroid 5.0[Crosshatch]

Search This thread

AnierinB

Retired Recognized Developer
crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

DOWNLOAD LATEST FIRMWARE

First time installing crDroid to your Pixel 3XL, or coming from another ROM:

1) You should be using the most current factory images from Google
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe/Advanced Wipe: Dalvik / ART Cache, system and data
4) Flash the ROM zip (PixelGAPPS are Included)
5) Flash the TWRP install zip
6) Reboot (You'll see "No OS Installed", this is normal on A/B devices)
7) For root, AFTER you boot into crDroid, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
  • Update: have to recompile unfortunately.
Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others..

DONATE

crDroid G+ community

Kernel Source

Last edited:

bggold

Sep 13, 2013
Same here followed to OP to install and it just sits at the white g screen with the progress indicator rolling. Let sitna good 10 mins.

Flashed Jan with -w.

Reactions: AnierinB
Really Excited to see crDroid is coming for the pixel 3XL - dissapointed that I can't download right now - but I understand - these things happen - looking forward to when things have been straightened out and the download link is working again - thank you so much for the work you have put into this ROM - can't wait to flash! :)

topolovich

Mar 2, 2012
Rotnem
No need to apologize! I am pumped to flash this though. I saw you have a Havoc folder along with this CrDroid folder under Crosshatch on AndroidFileHost. Are you building that ROM too? You are awesome either way, but Havoc would be so dope!

twcobra

Crdroid just keeps on following me around. Great ROM on my old Oneplus 5. It was one of the early roms to get wifi calling working on my op5 with AT&T. I look forward to giving it a run.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

By the way do you have a Telegram group yet.

Reactions: MArtyChubbs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

DOWNLOAD LATEST FIRMWARE

First time installing crDroid to your Pixel 3XL, or coming from another ROM:

1) You should be using the most current factory images from Google
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe/Advanced Wipe: Dalvik / ART Cache, system and data
    4) Flash the ROM zip (PixelGAPPS are Included)
    5) Flash the TWRP install zip
    6) Reboot (You'll see "No OS Installed", this is normal on A/B devices)
    7) For root, AFTER you boot into crDroid, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Update: have to recompile unfortunately.
    Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others..

DONATE

crDroid G+ community

Kernel Source
    As we all are... Please remember all not to ask for ETA's or pressure @AnierinB. Not saying you are, but, things get crazy on XDA from time to time. :)

I'm sure he is working as hard as he can. Unforseen issues happen when compiling, life happens. Just remember it's all done on his own personal time. The less etas asked the better things go. I know it's exciting and constant refreshing to see new updates but that's part of the fun.

Thanks for this guy's. I'm still working on it and feel bad about making a thread for it as soon as I did. It was working, then wasn't after a few builds. It won't be long before I have it 100% up to standards.. Just been working a lot and fixing ril on Havoc-OS for this device as well lately
    Any chance of getting this for blueline?

That's the plan! I still have to compile for blueline here in an hour or so :highfive:
    Update: have to recompile a new build. Forgot a few dependencies and have to drop a few things as well.
    Might be a dumb question! Does this rom support squeeze to assistant and pixel stand?

I was going to ask as well, but until the dev has ir recompiled and ready to release again there was no point. Since you asked though, I doubt it very much. Since I use Edge Assistant and a Pixel stand, I will probably wait to see if anyone breaks into that code.