The Athena Project

Search This thread

apphoen

Aug 22, 2005
Rheindahlen
As some of you have been following in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=311433

The Athena Project is designed to fund and deliver an Athena to a developer (or developers) in order to work on:

Sim Unlock
CID Unlock
Cooked ROM

etc. etc. etc. for the good and benefit of the Athena owners in this forum.

However, We can't do this without support.

The first thing we need are donations. There is now a Paypal account specifically set up for these donation, the address is:

sales@aardfark.co.uk (No longer AthenaPayments@aardfark.co.uk) - More details in my last update here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=311651&page=10

There is also a mailing list to enable developers to communicate with donators on progress. Anyone who donates will be automatically added to this list and should get prior warning of any developments before they are posted here.

A daily total of funds raised will be posted in this thread with the username of the donator (make sure you add it in the text of your Paypal payment).

Now, let's get some momentum going on this. :)

-------------------------

16 Jun 07 - 1330GMT - e790.91
16 Jun 07 - 1340GMT - e00.00 (Account Closed) - Funds transferred to bank to pay for 2 Ameos! :) :) :)

As we are now also over at www.athenaproject.net I will not be updating the list of donors - I will however, still be adding all of the donors to the internal mailing list for first news of any breakthroughs or major developments.

Thanks to everyone who is contributing in whatever way to make this happen!

Last edited:

apphoen

Aug 22, 2005
Rheindahlen
First payment of euro 5.00 from Confuscious is in!

Paypal charge 3.4% and 0.35euro on every credit card debit card payment so please bear this in mind when donating.

Thanks!

I've just put e20 in there too... :)

mackaby007

Sep 16, 2005
First payment of euro 5.00 from Confuscious is in!

Paypal charge 3.4% and 0.35euro on every credit card debit card payment so please bear this in mind when donating.

Thanks!

I've just put e20 in there too... :)

I ready, but don't understand how to donate with Debit card to the e-mail address.?!?

mackaby007

Sep 16, 2005
Nope, I'm stumped - it looks like you have to sign up for Paypal to pay by credit card.

If anyone knows any better please info me so we can sort this out.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=athenapayments@aardfark.co%

Thanks for trying. I've opened up a paypal account but have to wait 3-5 days for account verification. Why can't I just transfer some funds over to it directly?!!!!!!!

Well done for your efforts apphoen. The balls running now.;)

Midget_1990

Retired Moderator
Mar 4, 2006
Worthing
create a business account and put non-profit organisation

in other news i need a tester for the next few hours, anyone wanna? - pm me :D

hdbueller

Retired Forum Mod
As some of you have been following in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=311433

The Athena Project is designed to fund and deliver an Athena to a developer (or developers) in order to work on:

Sim Unlock
CID Unlock
Cooked ROM

etc. etc. etc. for the good and benefit of the Athena owners in this forum.

However, We can't do this without support.

The first thing we need are donations. There is now a Paypal account specifically set up for these donation, the address is:

athenapayments@aardfark.co.uk

There is also a mailing list to enable developers to communicate with donators on progress. Anyone who donates will be automatically added to this list and should get prior warning of any developments before they are posted here.

A daily total of funds raised will be posted in this thread with the username of the donator (make sure you add it in the text of your Paypal payment).

Now, let's get some momentum going on this. :)

-------------------------

12 Jun 07 - e23.21

Donators:

Cofuscious
apphoen

I just sent 10 Euros but forgot to put my username on the message. It is coming from Rsales but is from me. Sure wouldn't want to miss out on any action or updates.....LOL!
Now....Let's Rock and Roll !!! ;)

hdubli

Dec 31, 2004
What is reqd is someone..or our Dear POF, make a or modify the bootloader which will make our devices Super CID and and will allow the unsigned Rom code to flash.Since the Chipsets of Hermes and Athena are same, so I hv tried lots of tools, was also on the verge of bricking my SPL, but could not make it Super CID yet.

I thought I shd share this, since topic is started.

mackaby007

Sep 16, 2005
Will copy this to the Athena development thread...

What is reqd is someone..or our Dear POF, make a or modify the bootloader which will make our devices Super CID and and will allow the unsigned Rom code to flash.Since the Chipsets of Hermes and Athena are same, so I hv tried lots of tools, was also on the verge of bricking my SPL, but could not make it Super CID yet.

I thought I shd share this, since topic is started.

Thanks for sharing hdubli and your contributions. As this post is technical and I'm not a moderator, I will copy the contents to another thread here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=1309964#post1309964

where I'm hoping we can keep all technical matters there and keep this thread strictly for posts regarding donations to the project.

Thanks for understanding.:)

mackaby007

Sep 16, 2005
Thanks for your support..

just sent $15 USD

keep it coming....

Much appreciated CPA. Apphoen will put you on the mailing list as soon as he gets a chance. Probably tonight.

And thanks to the rest of you for your donations and support too. I'm feeling left out:( I can't donate till my paypal a/c has been verified. 2 more days hopefully.:)