CM7-ZMOD| 001 | CM 7.1 | 2.3.5 | Kernel Included | Read OP | HotFix2 | Stopped :(

Search This thread

superleeds27

Jun 21, 2010
Hull
CM7-ZMOD CYANOGENMOD 7.1

Development of this ROM by me has now stopped. I have just upgraded and will be selling my X10 shortly.. I wish my best to everyone on the X10 XDA Site that has made things possibly. J, Z,WB,ErickWill,Achotjan etc etc.
I hope Z and J truly break the SE Crap and deliver what you lot deserve :)

58496840.png
90760074.png
45146647.png
23662160.png
12206808.png
device20110808121110.png

Disclaimer:
Please note that this ROM is still in development and shouldn't be considered stable.
The developer is not responsible if you brick/damage your device. Proceed at your own risk.

Info:
CM7-ZMOD is an unofficial port of Cyanogenmod 7.1 for Xperia X10. This mod is so well-known that I will just skip the introduction This mod contains proprietary stuff and as such, can not be released under FreeXperia logo (therefore ZMOD).

ZMOD Extra Features:
- fully working camera and camcorder including flashLED support and EV setting
- uncapped FPS (up to 54)
- sound stuttering fix
- custom cpufreq governors
- simple adblock
- ?

Known bugs:
- no tethering (both wifi/usb) (WIP) - Android Wifi Tether, Banacle work
- ROM Manager works but requires ClockworkMod recovery (not included)
- ?

Tips:
- if you don't use Weather app, disable the auto sync (it's "on" by default)
- set your screen timeout to 30sec (1 min by default)

Requirements:
1. Rooted 2.3.3 ROM
2. working xRecovery 0.3
3. Baseband 71+

Installation:
Flash the zip package via xRecovery
Flash the DHCP Fix after rebooting into ROM once!
Flash Hotfix001, reboot into rom.
Flash Hotfix002, Wipe dalvik, reboot into ROM

Changelog:
01/09/2011 - 001 - first release
04/09/2011 - HotFix001 - Added Tweaks. Lots of them too! (Wipe Dalvik after installing Hotfix001
05/09/2011 - HotFix002 - Added more tweaks, New kernel (Thanks THJap &Tkymgr)

Credits & Thanks:
Z (As this is his ROM), Doomlord (For the Kernel),Android team, CM Crew, FreeXperia team (special thanks to Jerpelea), all X10-XDA Developers, everyone else who helped.

Please Note; This is none of my work. I have basically added a Custom Kernel (Doomlord's) to Z's original 2.3.5 release. It's not as simple as flashing a Kernel Zip over the ROM Zip. Several files had to be changed in order for this to work. I know a few people were after this, and Z hasn't been seen for a while. I will full remove this upon Z's Request or when he returns and/or Updates his original post.

Download V001

DHCP Fix If Needed

HotFix001

HotFix002 Please read the following before flashing 002 Before Flashing 002

Development of this ROM by me has now stopped. I have just upgraded and will be selling my X10 shortly.. I wish my best to everyone on the X10 XDA Site that has made things possibly. J, Z,WB,ErickWill,Achotjan etc etc.

Last edited:

robertberma

Nov 9, 2010
BLEISWIJK
?????

What the F... why do you think we can not ad a custom kernel from doom to this rom.

We do not need you to do this for us.

Please remove this thread before Z see this and never coming back.

Thanks

sahibunlimited

Jul 13, 2011
Nagpur
Its for the people who want the latest CM7 7.1 (2.3.5) Everything is currently work except for known bugs!

If people don't want or think it's a bad idea, I'll go ahead and delete it!

U must then write CM 7.1 u have only written CM7...
So is this the v01 of zmod which Z released with doomkernel?

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

sahibunlimited

Jul 13, 2011
Nagpur
For you
Well z Rom hasn't been updated in forever and cm7.1 release didnt have a custom kernel

For everybody
Credit has been given so there no need to start drama. if necessary mode will close the thread. so dont start a fight

Hey i just asked that is their anything special and he replayed me...
I don't have and intention to fight...

superleeds27

Jun 21, 2010
Hull

Correct, but ive made sure everything works. Wifi etc.

If people are going to start to argue and flame, then ill just simple get a MOD to close it.

I was trying to help out people, who have been having trouble getting this working, etc.

Its not as simple as using Z's 001 release and then flashing a Kernel zip over the top. Kernel files (Charger, Chargemon) need to eb changed in zips so that Xrecovery isn;t broken!

CoopZor

Aug 12, 2009
Bilzen
Is the battery drain still there ?
What cpu setting is set ? me likes long battery, under volt and overclock :)
I have huge drain with BT, would be nice if everything was fixed.

superleeds27

Jun 21, 2010
Hull
Oke go ahead, lets see how this go.

I think just install cwm in this rom and flash Doom kernel. cm7fxp

Could do, but most people prefer X-Recovery. Easier to swap back to other ROMS Etc.

I must stress that im taking no credit for this.

I know hw hard it was to get this combo working, Doomlord does too, i was messaging him loads asking questions as to why things wouldn't work at first!

robertberma

Nov 9, 2010
BLEISWIJK
If its works il will try this for sure.

Sorry for the replys, Z is a Saint and if some one using its work then we jump out of ower chair.

CoopZor

Aug 12, 2009
Bilzen
You are right ! me myself gave up after few attempts.
The guy is only willing to help and that is what XDA is all about, so thank him in place of being so negative. ;)

Reactions: chriscx

rtblittlebrown

Feb 21, 2010
Could do, but most people prefer X-Recovery. Easier to swap back to other ROMS Etc.

I must stress that im taking no credit for this.

I know hw hard it was to get this combo working, Doomlord does too, i was messaging him loads asking questions as to why things wouldn't work at first!

Excactly... Go ahead and release it. This would be very helpful

robertberma

Nov 9, 2010
BLEISWIJK
You can easy zwap roms, just do a backup with xrecovery and cwm. and then move xrecovery backup file to cmw backup. If you want your rom back flashd with xrecovery and your on cmw, full backup restore, and you have xrecovery rom back. sorry for the englisch

sahibunlimited

Jul 13, 2011
Nagpur

If people are going to start to argue and flame, then ill just simple get a MOD to close it.

I was trying to help out people, who have been having trouble getting this working, etc.

Its not as simple as using Z's 001 release and then flashing a Kernel zip over the top. Kernel files (Charger, Chargemon) need to eb changed in zips so that Xrecovery isn;t broken!

Hey thanks for ur work u must have first written in OP about the work u have done in his ROM...:)
That was the only reason i asked the question...;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM7-ZMOD CYANOGENMOD 7.1

58496840.png
    90760074.png
    45146647.png
    23662160.png
    12206808.png
    device20110808121110.png

Disclaimer:
    Please note that this ROM is still in development and shouldn't be considered stable.
    The developer is not responsible if you brick/damage your device. Proceed at your own risk.

Info:
    CM7-ZMOD is an unofficial port of Cyanogenmod 7.1 for Xperia X10. This mod is so well-known that I will just skip the introduction This mod contains proprietary stuff and as such, can not be released under FreeXperia logo (therefore ZMOD).

ZMOD Extra Features:
    - fully working camera and camcorder including flashLED support and EV setting
    - uncapped FPS (up to 54)
    - sound stuttering fix
    - custom cpufreq governors
    - simple adblock
    - ?

Known bugs:
    - no tethering (both wifi/usb) (WIP) - Android Wifi Tether, Banacle work
    - ROM Manager works but requires ClockworkMod recovery (not included)
    - ?

Tips:
    - if you don't use Weather app, disable the auto sync (it's "on" by default)
    - set your screen timeout to 30sec (1 min by default)

Requirements:
    1. Rooted 2.3.3 ROM
    2. working xRecovery 0.3
    3. Baseband 71+

Installation:
    Flash the zip package via xRecovery
    Flash the DHCP Fix after rebooting into ROM once!
    Flash Hotfix001, reboot into rom.
    Flash Hotfix002, Wipe dalvik, reboot into ROM

Changelog:
    01/09/2011 - 001 - first release
    04/09/2011 - HotFix001 - Added Tweaks. Lots of them too! (Wipe Dalvik after installing Hotfix001
    05/09/2011 - HotFix002 - Added more tweaks, New kernel (Thanks THJap &Tkymgr)

Credits & Thanks:
    Z (As this is his ROM), Doomlord (For the Kernel),Android team, CM Crew, FreeXperia team (special thanks to Jerpelea), all X10-XDA Developers, everyone else who helped.

Please Note; This is none of my work. I have basically added a Custom Kernel (Doomlord's) to Z's original 2.3.5 release. It's not as simple as flashing a Kernel Zip over the ROM Zip. Several files had to be changed in order for this to work. I know a few people were after this, and Z hasn't been seen for a while. I will full remove this upon Z's Request or when he returns and/or Updates his original post.

Download V001

DHCP Fix If Needed

HotFix001

HotFix002 Please read the following before flashing 002 Before Flashing 002

Its for the people who want the latest CM7 7.1 (2.3.5) Everything is currently work except for known bugs!

If people don't want or think it's a bad idea, I'll go ahead and delete it!
    flashed both hotfixes, but build number shows HF1 :p

This is true.

I have no massive battery drain with this ROM adn hotfixes, gussing an app is messing with your deep sleep.

Anyway guys.

This ROM will no longer be updated, due to the fact that im pgrading my phone.

Sorry to leave you, but The ROM itself is more or less compleetd to the best of my abaility.

I really hope Z comes back and delivers the works, or J successfully finishes FreeXperia!

Added Hotfix002.

Please note;

Everyone who has downloaded Hotfix001, please Re-download Hotfix001 again.

Flash Hotfix001, reboot into ROM, then flash Hotfix002, Wipe Dalvik, reboot into ROM

Feedback will be grateful :)