What will you do with your S2 when Galaxy S3 get's released?

Search This thread

Eddiedk

Jan 2, 2011
Keep it for as long as possible... here in Denmark, the phone companies has lost a lot of money in a former price war, and they have all changed the contracts, which removes the option to buy the phone cheaper opposed to pay a little more for the subscriptions.

So all the smartphones is mostly very expensive now, which means that cheap phones is very hard to come by... :(

manmikey

Mar 11, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
I love this phone but I like a change so I'm thinking of tyring a windows phone next, or maybe the new lumia, whatever it is it will be two year contact with no upfront costs, I'll be checking out and obsessing in the 6 months before my present contact end. I'll definitely change networks as orange have just put up the monthly payment mid contact, so I'll quit orange asap.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

DSA

May 15, 2011
I will only replace this phone with a quad core phone...thats the next step...no other phone makes it worth uppgrading from this monster

This means my next phone may be an s3 (depending on release specs) or not...but im completely happy with this phone atm - when i do get rid, it will go to a friend

jimmybraces

Aug 14, 2011
Whatever quadcore windows phone comes out, will likely be my next phone. As long as I can install some kind of ssh client and jailbreak the phone, thats all i care about.

M

Matriak31

Definitely keeping it. This phone will last at least 2 more generations I reckon. And 2nd hand smart phone prices almost never ever did them any justice. It has more value sitting in my drawer as a contingency than 3 to 4 hundred bucks. Just saying.

Good point my friend. That is why im passing it over to my father...He keeps playing with it and he loves it so when s3 comes out that will be my next phone

chuck it in the bin, its done
:D that is normally an answer I'd give hehe

Gonna sell it and take a s3.

Sent from HydrOG3N MOD S2.
Technology Evolves, Android Evolves.
HydrOG3N is THE Revolution.
true that is an option...but gonna wait till next year and see what is out first

Give it to someone in return for a bj.

Thanks for making me spit my tea out this morning:D

Keep it for as long as possible... here in Denmark, the phone companies has lost a lot of money in a former price war, and they have all changed the contracts, which removes the option to buy the phone cheaper opposed to pay a little more for the subscriptions.

So all the smartphones is mostly very expensive now, which means that cheap phones is very hard to come by... :(

I would say keep it...It still will have value as it is one of the best phones by a long shot still my friend.:)

I love this phone but I like a change so I'm thinking of tyring a windows phone next, or maybe the new lumia, whatever it is it will be two year contact with no upfront costs, I'll be checking out and obsessing in the 6 months before my present contact end. I'll definitely change networks as orange have just put up the monthly payment mid contact, so I'll quit orange asap.

If i was you i would stick with this one my friend:)

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
I don't do long contracts i always buy the phone outright so id have to sell the SGSII to part fund buying the SGSIII whenever it is released but i think this is a long way off.

M

Matriak31

I don't do long contracts i always buy the phone outright so id have to sell the SGSII to part fund buying the SGSIII whenever it is released but i think this is a long way off.

hey Jonny...more than likely that is what i would do as well...If my dad really wants it then i will give it to him but more than likely i will sell the s2 to get s3..anyway if situation changes then might keep this beauty as a backup..for the time being it does what i want and you will not get better support for any other phone than the s2 at the moment..just look at all the roms available

Gorjess

Nov 6, 2011
Keep it.. people are so hyped when a newcomer released :confused:
look at other people that cant have the S2.. they wanted to have this 'superphone' while we anticipating the 'next superphone' (or should we call hyperphone?) and ready to throw away our 'superphone'..
give them some respect and be grateful that mom/dad/piggy bank provide us the S2..

one thing to remember theres nothing that can stop technology from evolving.. :cool:

M

Matriak31

look at other people that cant have the S2.. they wanted to have this 'superphone' while we anticipating the 'next superphone' (or should we call hyperphone?) and ready to throw away our 'superphone'..
give them some respect and be grateful that mom/dad/piggy bank provide us the S2..

one thing to remember theres nothing that can stop technology from evolving.. :cool:

tell me about it. I still remember like it was yesterday when i was playing on my Sega Mega Drive and thinking that the graphics could not get any better..How wrong was i.:D It is the same now...How can you beat the graphics on the PS3...but for me phones are growing fast and scares me to think what will be next after quadcore really

Rytkonen

Oct 14, 2010
I will sell this to a friend and buy the SGS3. I need always the best and the latest. :D

ixon2001

Jul 15, 2010
Wigan
I had the Galaxy S sold that to buy the Galaxy S2, won't be buying a Galaxy S3 as i find the Galaxy S2 does everything i need atm and proberly will do until 2013.

Im proberly gonna go with the Galaxy S4 or may consider something else at the time but it won't be an iphone 6 that for sure :)

Reactions: SGS-II

ollyhw45

Dec 16, 2010
Ill probably do what i did with my desire z, try and sell it then drop kick the thing as far as i can after i find out no ones interested in a older generation phone lol

Gorjess

Nov 6, 2011
tell me about it. I still remember like it was yesterday when i was playing on my Sega Mega Drive and thinking that the graphics could not get any better..How wrong was i.:D It is the same now...How can you beat the graphics on the PS3...but for me phones are growing fast and scares me to think what will be next after quadcore really

XBOX360 and PC had an overall better graphics than PS3.. beside the PS3 is already 5 years old.. one thing that makes it survived till today is because PS3 is optimized especially for gaming.. if you dont believe me google the PS3 hardware specs.. you'll be suprised..
same goes to phones.. as long its optimized to keep up with the demands it will survive no matter how bad the hardware was..
but of course every hardware has its own EOL date.. i'll sold my XBOX if that megadrive could run Crysis :D

next after quad core? multiply it.. it'll be octacore.. and your PC will self destruct :p

M

Matriak31

XBOX360 and PC had an overall better graphics than PS3.. beside the PS3 is already 5 years old.. one thing that makes it survived till today is because PS3 is optimized especially for gaming.. if you dont believe me google the PS3 hardware specs.. you'll be suprised..
same goes to phones.. as long its optimized to keep up with the demands it will survive no matter how bad the hardware was..
but of course every hardware has its own EOL date.. i'll sold my XBOX if that megadrive could run Crysis :D

next after quad core? multiply it.. it'll be octacore.. and your PC will self destruct :p

bah next gadget will be either laptop or tablet..pc so far running nice with windows 7 but im in between of what is more worth getting..:( laptop will last longer and is always upgradable but with tablet what maybe two years the most regarding support with firmware...anyway ps3 yes 5 years old but still overall as a media entertainment machine does the works for me...graphics wise id say xbox does feel better but still ps3 all the way for me..

next year will be an interesting one regarding mobile phones...but honestly...s2 does the business for me and i will only spend money on a handset if its really worth spending it on...hopefully s3

puiradu2009

Sep 25, 2009
Iasi
I will keep it cause it's a great phone. About Galaxy S III I'm already saving money for it. I'm sure it will be a major update. In my opinion Galaxy Nexus is something to skip cause it doesn't have any major improvements over SII: + HD and bigger screen - camera.
I will not talk about Ice Cream Sandwich cause Galaxy SII is already waiting the ICS and until then I'm sure that all applications and flash will work smoothly.
Galaxy SIII will have for sure Bigger HD screen, improved camera, more RAM and maybe some features from Galaxy Note. It must be revolutionary cause it will be a fail other way and Samsung will not assume such risks in his battle of smartphones leadership.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
I'll probably sell it and use the money to get either the S3 or another new one. That way it doesn't cost me too much money each time :)

M

Matriak31

I will keep it cause it's a great phone. About Galaxy S III I'm already saving money for it. I'm sure it will be a major update. In my opinion Galaxy Nexus is something to skip cause it doesn't have any major improvements over SII: + HD and bigger screen - camera.
I will not talk about Ice Cream Sandwich cause Galaxy SII is already waiting the ICS and until then I'm sure that all applications and flash will work smoothly.
Galaxy SIII will have for sure Bigger HD screen, improved camera, more RAM and maybe some features from Galaxy Note. It must be revolutionary cause it will be a fail other way and Samsung will not assume such risks in his battle of smartphones leadership.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Agree with you..Nexus is a miss for me..Only reason would be for ICS but we already going to get that...Regarding the display screen. My phone already looks gorgeous as it is..:) So yeah s3 will be a bigger seller than the s2 in my opinion

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll check if it blends...
    Give it to someone in return for a bj.
    I don't even like the S3. I played around with it, it's too big and I don't like the design. On paper its a step up from the S2, but when it's in your hand you don't really feel it. The first time I picked up an S2 it totally blew my mind. I want to have that feeling when I next upgrade. I'm actually interested to see what Google do with Motorola. I know they bought them mainly for the patents, but they did say they want to use the company to push Android further, so they're up to something.
    Well from what I here the s3 is coming out of the box with froyo on it. Please correct me if I heard and read wrong. But if that's the case I'll just keep my skyrocket cause if the so called "flag ship" s3 is coming out froyo an operating system that is at least two years outdated then I'll keep my skyrocket. At least the skyrocket come out the box with gingerbread on it and has the ics leak now with a promise of the; official ics to come... very disappointed in samsungs decision to release the s3 with all its possibilities with such a limited operating system. Bad bad decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Sir,first congrats u clearly stood out and just earned thanks from the great dsxda.Thats awsome!

Secondly.You.Made.My.Day

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA