[KERNEL] HO!NO! Palace...

Search This thread

laubong1

Oct 7, 2008
Thanks you very much, this kernal was awesome, but I find some problem on my LU6200, when I use this kernal, it will always reboot, i think my cpu not so stable to 1836mhz, can you make a kernel without overclock or set the max speed lower, eg, 17xx mhz.

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
Thanks you very much, this kernal was awesome, but I find some problem on my LU6200, when I use this kernal, it will always reboot, i think my cpu not so stable to 1836mhz, can you make a kernel without overclock or set the max speed lower, eg, 17xx mhz.

Assuming the phone is stable for a short time, download and install the SetCPU app to your phone. The author provides a free version that can be sideloaded here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505419 (The version on the market costs $3 I think.)

From this app you can change the maximum CPU frequency for the phone to whatever you want.

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
Okay, so I flashed this CM9 kernel, but the lowest minimum I can set is 192mHz. Is that underclocked?

hereric

Oct 27, 2010
@hereric,

You wiped your dalvik cache, right?

will try again, wiping davlik AND regular cache

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

i think i got a bad chip in my phone or something, even with wiping both caches my phone still bootloops... Think its cause of the undervolting? Or is it because of the Overclock?

lilbluemirage

Mar 3, 2009

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

i think i got a bad chip in my phone or something, even with wiping both caches my phone still bootloops... Think its cause of the undervolting? Or is it because of the Overclock?

Might be the overclocking. I had the same problem. It would randomly bootloop until i pulled the battery. My oc is @like 1600...

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

atsim

Jan 16, 2010
belleville
Just tried the kernel for cm9,kept freezing then I'd pull the battery reboot into a boot loop and pull the battery again reboot then it would boot into cm9 and freeze after a few minutes. Didn't overclock it left it at stock settings. And I did a fresh install of cm9 newest nightly

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Just tried the kernel for cm9,kept freezing then I'd pull the battery reboot into a boot loop and pull the battery again reboot then it would boot into cm9 and freeze after a few minutes. Didn't overclock it left it at stock settings. And I did a fresh install of cm9 newest nightly

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

Guess I'll wait a little while until this is all cleared up a bit.

HO!NO!

May 29, 2008
Québec
Okay, so I flashed this CM9 kernel, but the lowest minimum I can set is 192mHz. Is that underclocked?

i undervolt all cpu step and i overclock it to max 1836 i did not underclocked...
cpu can not go less then 192mhz and by default lg use 384mhz as the lowest.

Not all cpu handle overclocking and undervolt the same.
to make a good test try installing one of the lastest cm9 release then go to settings-performance-cpu and choose 1512mhz as max freq. with ondemand gouvernor and don't forget to check apply at start-up. then install my kernel and check if phone is acting correctly if yes then try to go higher one step at the time to get your best spot. But if you phone is still buggy that mean that your cpu does not handle undervolting at all.... i am sorry for you.

Sweet!!!

This doesn't OC by default does it? And how are you all setting the voltages? With a script (.sh)? How do I get the stock values?

I don't care so much about overclocking as I do about undervolting.

yes it suppose to assign max freq. to 1836mhz go to settings-performance-cpu to check.
by flashing new nightly you will get stock kernel, if you want to stick with my kernel you will need to flash my kernel over all new nightly.

caseydelco

May 6, 2010
houston,tx
cm9 kernel is working well only half a day so far but no probs running at max cpu freq..speed is back up as the nightly was good bit slower than the gb running ur kernel...thank u for all ur hard work ..if not for ur labors think we all would lost and stuck with awsome slow phones

Reactions: HO!NO!

Top Liked Posts