Installed custom rom, lost root and cant flash ftf image of any rom.

Search This thread

darushah.shah

Dec 1, 2011
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi guys,
I am stuck in a very bad sitituation. I have installed a custom rom, but after some time I came to know I have lost root access. My phone's BLlocked. So cannot install cmw recovery without root. I tried flashing official Sony Xperia sk17i 4.1.b.587 .ftf file. But I am getting error as FLASHING ABORTED and the device restarts. I am attaching the flasboot screenshot. Please help me flash the stock rom, then I will be able to again gain root access.

Thank You.

Attachments

• Flahboot.jpg
    Flahboot.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 369

pastillero

Sep 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
Hi guys,
I am stuck in a very bad sitituation. I have installed a custom rom, but after some time I came to know I have lost root access. My phone's BLlocked. So cannot install cmw recovery without root. I tried flashing official Sony Xperia sk17i 4.1.b.587 .ftf file. But I am getting error as FLASHING ABORTED and the device restarts. I am attaching the flasboot screenshot. Please help me flash the stock rom, then I will be able to again gain root access.

Thank You.

Download ftf from here http://www.mediafire.com/?s166qsg8qaaxc43, place it into firmwares folder(delete all inside the folder before). Flash in flashtools, then flash the firmware that you want

Reactions: boliviano12

pitchblack5691

Jan 12, 2012
chennai
Well I tried flashing more than 5 times via different ftf file, getting the same error.

Sent from my SK17i using xda premium

Reinstall flashtool and try (don't forget to install flashtool drivers) if the problem still persists I would recommend installing flashtool and it's drivers to another computer and flash from it. It should definitely work.

Click thanks if I helped you!

Sent from my smultron using xda app-developers app

D

Deleted member 4736004

Try this... Don't connect your mobile first... Choose ftf in flashtool... It will prepare files for flashing.. Then will ask to connect your mobile.. Plug your device in flashmode.. Should work..

Sent from my WT19i using xda app-developers app

mihahn

May 26, 2012
Yes, do it like rachit.rc96 said, don't connect the mobile first :good:

If this doesn't work, check the box with "no final verification" when you select the firmware and try it again. But if you do this, be sure that this is the right ftf for your device ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Thank You.

Download ftf from here http://www.mediafire.com/?s166qsg8qaaxc43, place it into firmwares folder(delete all inside the folder before). Flash in flashtools, then flash the firmware that you want