[ROM][4.2.2][Aug 6th] Slim Bean-d2vzw [build 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ryanstfl

Mar 20, 2011
Phila, PA
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][linaro-kernel] Slim Bean - d2vzw Stable 1.0 [2-16-13][ROM][4.2.1][li

Yes, still 4.2.1 we wanted to give a solid updated build for everyone then start the 4.2.2 merge.

Have a question about the Kernel...

I have been using CM kernel with a few tweaks to it, like OverClock, Fast Charge, nothing to crazy. How many use the included kernel, or does most of you flash KT or Lean kernels? Reason I am asking is I am probably going to start supporting Galaxy Tab 2 and to keep up with the d2 device, and the added tablets, the kernel project would be the first place I can find extra time if I removed it. The stock CM kernel would be included, still compiled with linaro tool chain, just no OverClock or Fast Charge, these can be had from KT and Lean kernels though.

Thoughts???

you will find a new feature, even though this was released on 2 roms before we released with this 1.0 stable, they are a slim rom original :good:

surepy7y.jpg

I tried both and I didn't seem to be getting as good battery life but it could have been a placebo. Maybe I will give one of them a compete chance but I would love to see your kernel include fast charge.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

oryanh

Oct 23, 2009
Houston
Yes, still 4.2.1 we wanted to give a solid updated build for everyone then start the 4.2.2 merge.

Have a question about the Kernel...

I have been using CM kernel with a few tweaks to it, like OverClock, Fast Charge, nothing to crazy. How many use the included kernel, or does most of you flash KT or Lean kernels? Reason I am asking is I am probably going to start supporting Galaxy Tab 2 and to keep up with the d2 device, and the added tablets, the kernel project would be the first place I can find extra time if I removed it. The stock CM kernel would be included, still compiled with linaro tool chain, just no OverClock or Fast Charge, these can be had from KT and Lean kernels though.

Thoughts???

you will find a new feature, even though this was released on 2 roms before we released with this 1.0 stable, they are a slim rom original :good:

surepy7y.jpg

I must say I normally would flash KT in the same iteration as a Slim update but lately your kernels have been very quality. I have a question for you... What would enjoy most? Kerneling, or taking on a new device? I only ask because I think we'd rather you do what makes you happy. That's what makes your work so good.

Disturbed59

Jan 25, 2013
Love this rom. Just one thing. When a call ends or is lost there is a very loud beep, much worse on a lost call because its not always expected. Is there any way to lower that beep?

dbornack

Oct 14, 2010
Chicago
Had some very weird issues on a dirty flash from RC2..

I would push buttons on the screen, and they would perform the functions of an entirely different button. When I can clean flash I will, and report back if I can reproduce the issue.

Blaiser47

Sep 18, 2010
Washington, DC
voice search FC

Just flashed the new stable 1.0 and seems that voice search FC, can't even say a thing before it closes up. Anyone else get this? Otherwise, awesome rom so thanks!

eris72

Aug 12, 2010
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][linaro-kernel] Slim Bean - d2vzw Stable 1.0 [2-16-13]

Just flashed the new stable 1.0 and seems that voice search FC, can't even say a thing before it closes up. Anyone else get this? Otherwise, awesome rom so thanks!

Same thing happened to me as well, I just uninstalled and reinstalled from play store, it's no longer inverted but works perfectly

apfrost

Aug 17, 2007
I don't see the development options all the way at the bottom of the settings and I can't seem to find it anywhere? Am I overlooking something?

suptt14

Aug 13, 2012

Yeah I believe it's 7 times but it will tell you how many touches you have left before dev options are enabled.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

syoungblood95

Dec 4, 2009

Every time I pull down the notification drawer while I'm in an MMS thread, it calls the contact. Don't know if this is a problem with the MMS app or the ROM.

oryanh

Oct 23, 2009
Houston
Every time I pull down the notification drawer while I'm in an MMS thread, it calls the contact. Don't know if this is a problem with the MMS app or the ROM.

The proximity sensor is triggering the direct call feature.
In your MMS app, touch menu, settings, and uncheck "direct call"
You must be covering the proximity sensor when sliding down the notification bar. .

Reactions: cordell12

narsciso

Jul 18, 2010

The direct call feature is optional as well. When you're at the contacts portion of your texting app, simply hit menu and scroll down to check or uncheck the feature.

I also was curious if anyone was able to get pdroid 2.0 running with this ROM? If you have done it please show me the light!

mkintop

Oct 15, 2011
I have been running this for a couple weeks now and really love it. I'm having two problems which I haven't seen posted here:
  • Bluetooth has trouble reconnecting after turning off. It gets hung up on "Turning Bluetooth off". The only fix I have found is to go into Settings>Apps>Bluetooth Share>Clear Data which lets turn it on and off once
  • The other thing started in the past few days (just before Stable 1.0). Randomly the home button will start openning recents rather than taking me home. Reboot gets it back to normal.

If anyone has some insight into these two items I would appreciate it. Are they common or just me?

oryanh

Oct 23, 2009
Houston
I have been running this for a couple weeks now and really love it. I'm having two problems which I haven't seen posted here:
  • Bluetooth has trouble reconnecting after turning off. It gets hung up on "Turning Bluetooth off". The only fix I have found is to go into Settings>Apps>Bluetooth Share>Clear Data which lets turn it on and off once
  • The other thing started in the past few days (just before Stable 1.0). Randomly the home button will start openning recents rather than taking me home. Reboot gets it back to normal.

If anyone has some insight into these two items I would appreciate it. Are they common or just me?

I can't help with your Bluetooth issue but the home button issue I resolved by going into interface, general, hardware keys. Make sure you map home to nothing. Also it may be Google Now. It wants to default to open with the home key and if its not installed or enabled it will open recents. Hope this helps, let us know.

Reactions: mkintop
Just wanted to say nice job on Slim Stable. I've even found a few new additions to the customization area I love so much. Excellent Job guys.

Just wish I lived in an area with better reception. Stock rom's get a little better reception than AOSP (not by the numbers though) and I hear that RIL is as good as its going to get. I've tried the two latest modems. And I'm thinking about going back to k3.

Anyway thanks again to the Slim Dev's. Slim is still my fav. but Team Carbon is hot on your heels. It's great to have choices. Love the inverted slim apps. Love the Slimness of it all. I only installed yesterday, and even after restoring a ton of apps, I can already tell I'm going to get great mileage out of the battery. GREAT JOB guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Status Update...

I've been pretty busy at work, 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day (outside/Texas/HOT!). So I am pretty beat to say the least. Just want to let everyone know that 4.3 IS currently being worked on, we have it booted and running on Nexus devices, so the rest will follow suit shortly :good:

also, the CDMA d2 devices (d2spr/d2vzw/d2usc) will be getting a new maintainer. I currently have 8 devices and its just to much to juggle with family and work. Plus I don't have a d2 any more and new maintainer does. If he wants to/ready to announce himself, then he can do so, or we will have a formal announcement later, as well as threads transferred. I want to Thank you all for supporting me and Slim, as well as helping me and each other with your devices and the threads. You guys are GREAT and are what makes all this worth it. Without your support the fun is gone, and it can become almost meaningless, job like :( This is definitely not the case here though! Not to get all mushy, but you guys have made this experience well worth it :good: just wanted to say "Thank You" and i hope to see ALL of you on a like device soon ;)

Thanks
    Well guys and girls, I have some good news, and some not so good news.

The good news is I switched back to sprint (verizon really pissed me off yesterday!). What this means is since my d2vzw wont work on Sprint, and I didnt want to sign a 2 year agreement and get a year old device. I got the galaxy S 4 :D

However, I will continue to push builds out for the GS3 for both verizon and sprint. And contimue to assist nicklovell23 with his un-official builds of SlimROM for d2usc, located @ Rootz. I will however need some "official" testers for d2vzw and d2spr as I cant whip something up and flash it real quick. I know I have some regulars that I send builds to, then some of you who know where my dev-host is. But we need to organize this a little better ;) I am going to need about 3 testers for each version sprint/verizon. To be a official tester you must be able to produce a LOGCAT (very important), download and install test builds within reasonable time (not 2 days later), willing to test the whole ROM (not just the cool things). Communication will be a must, I know sometimes it seems like I disappear, but I do have a life, lol. Even if I am not posting in the threads, more than likely I am doing something for Slim. Many posts go un-answered because the question was answered 2 pages prior! Also you guys rock on helping each-other out, I appreciate that. :good: So nothing will change with my move, just the test side will become more organized, and that is a good thing.

That said, If you would like to be a "Official" tester please PM me. In the subject let me know what device, d2vzw/spr. Also, please dont contact me if you dont have the ability, but want to learn. As much as I want to help, I dont have time to teach testers how to produce a LOGCAT or last_kmsg. There are plenty of guides out on the interwebz that will teach you basic debug skills.

SlimROM WILL continue to be supported on the GS3 by me and Team Slim. My switching carrier and device does not effect the ROM for GS3 at all.
    I enjoyed working with you all, we had some good times here in this thread. I look forward to continuing this, dont feel like I am abandoning you. This phone was my favourite device to date!

more important then before, if you find a bug in Slim. It MUST be explained how it can be reproduced (after a FULL wipe has been done), as well as a Logcat provided!!!
    Yes I am. And I'm excited to be here.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    I know Im probably late to the party, but build 6 has been released!