(ROM) Stock W/ Root 1.54.651.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California

Let The Games Begin!!! F_CK ME FOR TRYING.

This is the stock 1.54.651.8 Odexed Rom W/ Root. It also contains the following:

• Busybox
  • /data/preload
1.54.651.8.png

Requirements:
  • HTC One (M8) Unlocked With htcdev.com (S-ON) or S-OFF
  • Custom Recovery (Personally Tested And Successfully Flashed Using TWRP 2.7.0.4, From Here.)
  • Latest Firmware (Requires S-Off, Info Here. Thanks @eric00716 and @beaups!)
  • A WORKING Backup!!! I'm no pro, and will not be responsible for any possible damages, although we should be fine. Quick tip: Don't Use The Compression Option In TWRP For Now.

Instructions:
  1. Download Rom
  2. Place On Either Memory Card (Internal or External)
  3. Reboot Into Your Current Custom Recovery
  4. Wipe "Cache" and "Dalvik-Cache"
  5. Flash Rom

An Additional Version Is Available To Download Containing R/W Protection Disabled.
Downloads: Check MD5's To Be Sure It's All Good.

Coming Soon:
  • Insecured+init.d supported Kernel (Get It Here, Baking Into Rom As Soon As Capt. Approves...)
  • De-Odexed Versions

Just Trying To Be Helpful, Don't Shoot Me If Your Phone Explodes or Sends Your Girl Nudes Of Your Ex.
Tested And Have Had Zero Issues Flashing, Booting or Running. (Wiped my phone a few times to assure it all worked...)
Wan't To Say Thanks In A Special Way? Check Out My First Link In My Sig A Enjoy My Beats, HTC Does. ;)

Credits+Thanks
@Captain_Throwback for all his resources he has provided.
@Flar2 for R/W Protection Disabler Module.
@OMJ For Pointing Out My 2 Mini Syntax Errors That I Swore Weren't There lol.
@AFH For Quickly Giving Me Developer Access. ;)

Last edited:

m03sizlak

Jun 28, 2010
Buffalo, NY
wp_mod (system write protection disabling) should not be included, it is a crude hack that can result in data corruption. If you're s-off you don't need it.

Sim-X

Nov 2, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
so I'm s-off now. Will I be able to remove bloat & will it not come back after a reboot? I was just planning on flashing the no patch version.

mcwups1

May 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Maybe dumb question but does this rom include init.d support? Specifically I want to flash the sweep to sleep mod. I had it working until I updated my phone to sprints latest.

I use an app called "extended power menu". Not sure where I got it, but it was in my Titanium backup so I still use it.

Big thanks to whoever that was. But you hit the app, and the reboot menu comes up, even screen off.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396982306454.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396982306454.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 512

m03sizlak

Jun 28, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Was the kernel updated? shouldn't effect the modules working if it was right?

If the radio was updated the kernel was almost defintely updated. The updater will install new modules for the new kernel. If you're talking about wp_mod, you don't need it anymore if you're s-off. If you're not s-off, then it'd need to be hexedited to load on the new kernel.

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
LOL My Kinda Smoke Time Has To Be After Work... :0

ah man, I work at a lil watch place in a mall that's currently dead as fug, it's double smoke time here haha

If the radio was updated the kernel was almost defintely updated. The updater will install new modules for the new kernel. If you're talking about wp_mod, you don't need it anymore if you're s-off. If you're not s-off, then it'd need to be hexedited to load on the new kernel.

just md5'ed the 1.12 and update 1.54 boot.img, and definately dif. But good call on s-off making it not necessary, I totally forgot about that

Reactions: Rydah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Let The Games Begin!!! F_CK ME FOR TRYING.

This is the stock 1.54.651.8 Odexed Rom W/ Root. It also contains the following:

• Busybox
    • /data/preload
    1.54.651.8.png

Requirements:
    • HTC One (M8) Unlocked With htcdev.com (S-ON) or S-OFF
    • Custom Recovery (Personally Tested And Successfully Flashed Using TWRP 2.7.0.4, From Here.)
    • Latest Firmware (Requires S-Off, Info Here. Thanks @eric00716 and @beaups!)
    • A WORKING Backup!!! I'm no pro, and will not be responsible for any possible damages, although we should be fine. Quick tip: Don't Use The Compression Option In TWRP For Now.

Instructions:
    1. Download Rom
    2. Place On Either Memory Card (Internal or External)
    3. Reboot Into Your Current Custom Recovery
    4. Wipe "Cache" and "Dalvik-Cache"
    5. Flash Rom

An Additional Version Is Available To Download Containing R/W Protection Disabled.
    Downloads: Check MD5's To Be Sure It's All Good.

Coming Soon:
    • Insecured+init.d supported Kernel (Get It Here, Baking Into Rom As Soon As Capt. Approves...)
    • De-Odexed Versions

Just Trying To Be Helpful, Don't Shoot Me If Your Phone Explodes or Sends Your Girl Nudes Of Your Ex.
    Tested And Have Had Zero Issues Flashing, Booting or Running. (Wiped my phone a few times to assure it all worked...)
    Wan't To Say Thanks In A Special Way? Check Out My First Link In My Sig A Enjoy My Beats, HTC Does. ;)

Credits+Thanks
    @Captain_Throwback for all his resources he has provided.
    @Flar2 for R/W Protection Disabler Module.
    @OMJ For Pointing Out My 2 Mini Syntax Errors That I Swore Weren't There lol.
    @AFH For Quickly Giving Me Developer Access. ;)
    Yeah, let's get this closed. Links removed...

Been too busy to see why exactly it's not working for the majority of you. Odd enough, me and a few others got it working.

I'll be in Vegas, then immediately flying out to Paris and back home by Monday, so time to look into this further is out the window. Luckily for you guys, our boy @Captain_Throwback made a stock Rom that works well.

As I said, I am no pro, and was just trying to help out. I stated to make a backup prior to flashing incase something like this happened. I don't need rude PM's or people calling me "sketchy." On top of things, this was my first attempt at baking a Rom up. Maybe next time.

Respectfully,
    Rydah.

Sent From My HTC One (M8)
    Locking at your request bud.

Let me know if you want to revisit and reopen.

Don't let em bother you, fact it worked for some and some that did a restore to their absolute initial rom tells the story to me....

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    All y'all having trouble should take a moment and try the firmware and rooted version Capt has on mikmik...Use the twrp in the OG section here too..

If it works move on, if not it's user error at this point n in the game. Only odd thing I did was fully uninstalled the calc and flashlight apps I had put on manually...

I did fastboot flash the recovery through adb, took backup, then fastboot flashruu through adb the firmware in capts thread(both pieces as there 2), reboot, flash rom in twrp.

No hiccups here whatsoever....

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    download is up guys! :)