Camera Problem Video Recording Auto Focus

Search This thread

andylau38

Mar 2, 2014
I have an auto focus problem when video recording with the OPPO Find 7a.

The camera auto focuses perfectly when not video recording, continuously readjusting focus when pointing at different objects. Once video recording has been started, however, focus is locked to the last focused length, and it does not auto refocus no matter how you move the phone. In other words, there is no continuous auto focus.

Since auto focus does work when not video recording, I believe this is a software problem.

I have tried the following:

• Factory Reset
  • Updating ROM to ColorOS 2.0

But both methods failed to fix the camera focus problem.

I am looking to try the following:

• Updating / Resetting the Kernel

However, I am not sure how to do this. Can somebody help me please?

Thank you community!:laugh:

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown

The camera auto focuses perfectly when not video recording, continuously readjusting focus when pointing at different objects. Once video recording has been started, however, focus is locked to the last focused length, and it does not auto refocus no matter how you move the phone. In other words, there is no continuous auto focus.

Since auto focus does work when not video recording, I believe this is a software problem.

• Factory Reset

Just tried to reproduce your problem on v1.2. No problem focusing when video recording.

Reactions: andylau38

andylau38

Mar 2, 2014
Just tried to reproduce your problem on v1.2. No problem focusing when video recording.

Thanks for your test.

I actually did not have this problem until recently. I believe I may have messed up the camera part of the kernel.

I tried googling "oppo find 7a stock kernel", but could not find anything.

Would you know where I can download the stock kernel?

Thank you so much.:eek:

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown
Thanks for your test.

I actually did not have this problem until recently. I believe I may have messed up the camera part of the kernel.

It's the boot.img. Download either v 1.2 or 2 Rom to computer depending which Rom you are using and extract from zip file. I don't think it is the kernel if you already tried the beta Rom and still have the problem.

Last edited:

andylau38

Mar 2, 2014
It's the boot.img. Download either v 1.2 or 2 Rom to computer depending which Rom you are using and extract from zip file. I don't think it is the kernel if you already tried the beta Rom and still have the problem.

You are right.

I flashed the boot.img (kernel, thanks for telling me!), and the focus problem in video recording is still present.

Would you have any suggestions as to what I should do? :confused:

Thank you.

andylau38

Mar 2, 2014
Go back to your vendor and complain. You should get a one to one exchange.

I contacted my vendor and this is what they said:

...continuous auto-focus feature is not implemented yet in the video mode. OPPO assured that they are working on including this feature in future firmware updates.

Now I'm confused. I'm pretty certain that continuous auto focus works before. :confused:

Can someone double check with me?

Thank you so much.

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown

...continuous auto-focus feature is not implemented yet in the video mode. OPPO assured that they are working on including this feature in future firmware updates.

Now I'm confused. I'm pretty certain that continuous auto focus works before. :confused:

Thank you so much.

Hi, I just checked again. There is really no problem in focusing when video recording for me. I move away from an object with words and come back. The words come into focus again. Maybe you should send or show them a sample video, or someone else can suggest something else.

djkmito

Jan 4, 2007
I have same problem. If I recording video with different objects in near and far of me camera still refocused objective.
So recording some sceneries is not possible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• Factory Reset

Thanks for your test.

You are right.

I flashed the boot.img (kernel, thanks for telling me!), and the focus problem in video recording is still present.

Would you have any suggestions as to what I should do? :confused:

Thank you.

Go back to your vendor and complain. You should get a one to one exchange.

Thank you so much.

Hi, I just checked again. There is really no problem in focusing when video recording for me. I move away from an object with words and come back. The words come into focus again. Maybe you should send or show them a sample video, or someone else can suggest something else.