[Q] Cant mount SDcard in CWM recovery

Search This thread

sazzam10

May 19, 2014
Hi! i have a motorola defy MB525 , and its running Eclair 2.1, so i wanted to flash CM11 , i did everything successfully until the part where you have to flash your ROM ! good thing im cautious and always check the zip. install before wiping any data, and i got the following message when trying to install zip. from sdcard :
E:can't mount /sdcard
because i haven't wiped my data yet, the phone is now working 100%, but i want kitkat not eclair,so can anyone help ??
my clockworkmod version is 2.5.1.8
NOTE: i googled this and found out that sometimes CWM can only read FAT32 file system , but my sdcard is already formatted to FAT32 file system, and if it makes any difference i did format it again to the same file system FAT32 , but i still get the same error!
I REALLY WANT CM11 BECAUSE MY CURRENT ROM IS VERY BAD AND OUTDATED! SO PLEASE HELP!!
Thx :) :)

DivtheDevil

Jan 9, 2013
Hoshangabad
Try Flashing The CWM Recovery Again.......

Hi! i have a motorola defy MB525 , and its running Eclair 2.1, so i wanted to flash CM11 , i did everything successfully until the part where you have to flash your ROM ! good thing im cautious and always check the zip. install before wiping any data, and i got the following message when trying to install zip. from sdcard :
because i haven't wiped my data yet, the phone is now working 100%, but i want kitkat not eclair,so can anyone help ??
NOTE: i googled this and found out that sometimes CWM can only read FAT32 file system , but my sdcard is already formatted to FAT32 file system, and if it makes any difference i did format it again to the same file system FAT32 , but i still get the same error!
I REALLY WANT CM11 BECAUSE MY CURRENT ROM IS VERY BAD AND OUTDATED! SO PLEASE HELP!!

i think Your CWM REcovery got corrupted.........
try reflashing the recovery and Try Again.....

say Thanks If this helped You

DroidRaged

Mar 11, 2014

Any luck with that?