[ROM][5.1.1_r4][Most Variants][CAF][GCC 4.8/5.1] Euphoria-OS 1.1 [06/22]

Search This thread
T

tsunamical

euphoria.png

WARNING
Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device, whether you miss your work alarm, or your phone catches fire! Permanent screen damage may always occur!

ROM Features:
-ROM uses CAF sources, which are much less hacky than our old JB sources and kernel is LP based
-ROM compiled with -O3 and UBERTC 4.8
-JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations V4
-Built-in SuperSU v2.46
-Prebuilt Google WebView
-SQLite 3.8.10.2
-F2FS support
-Everything Euphoria-OS already supports!

Kernel Features:
-Based on CAF Kernel
-Patched up to 3.4.108
-CPU Governors: Alucard, Bacon, Impulse, Interactive, Nightmare, Ondemand, Pegasusq, Performance and Smartmax
-I/O Schedulers: BFQ, CFQ, Deadline, Fiops, Noop, Row, Sio and Zen
-Kernel compiled with UBERTC 5.1 and graphite flags
-Kernel compressed with lz4 for insanely fast boot times
-Kernel support for F2FS, Fast Charge, Sound Control, Simple GPU Algorithm and more!
-CPU overclocking to 2.6 GHz
-GPU overclocking to 650 Mhz and underclocking to 100 Mhz
-Voltage support
-Bricked thermal driver
-msm_hotplug
-Latest KCAL support

How to Install:
1. Download blastagator's latest TWRP
2. Do a complete wipe (/system, /cache, etc).
3. Flash LP Bootstack, then ROM, then GApps!
4. Reboot and enjoy!

Downloads:
LP Bootstack (Go into the lp folder of your variant and click "view raw" for the zip): https://github.com/lg-devs/bootstacks
ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=25170
GApps choice is up to you!

Special Thanks to:
-Euphoria-OS team
-lg-devs team for bases for the device trees
-Rashed97 for his work on the G2 trees
-DJLaMontagneIII, RenderBroken, REV3NT3CH, dorimanx, and savoca for their work on the G2 kernel
Thanks to all the other ROMs/teams out there!

XDA:DevDB Information
Euphoria-OS, ROM for the LG G2

Contributors
tsunamical, Rashed97
Source Code: http://www.github.com/Euphoria-OS-Legacy

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: LP Bootstack
Based On: CM 12.1 + CAF G2 Sources

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.1
Stable Release Date: 2015-06-22

Created 2015-05-22
Last Updated 2015-06-22

Last edited:
T

tsunamical

Frequently Asked Questions

What's the difference in your builds and dr87's builds?
dr87 builds with everything as close to stock Euphoria as he can. If you are a fan of his old Mahdi ROM builds, then you would really enjoy his builds. My builds use different toolchains, optimizations, and my kernel. Neither version is better than the other. I reccomend you give them both a whirl before settling down for one.

What kernels can I flash on this?
The ROM is using CAF sources, which means you cannot flash the CM12 versions of B14CKB1RD or Render's CM12 kernel. Current options are Llama kernel or stick with stock.

How do I flash this?
If you are coming from an older build:
Clean flash (/data, /system, /cache and dalvik, but NOT internal storage) -> Flash ROM -> Flash GApps -> Reboot

If this is the first time using any CAF based ROM (First time using Euphoria):
Clean flash (/data, /system, /cache and dalvik, but NOT internal storage) -> Flash LP bootstack -> Flash ROM -> Flash GApps -> Reboot!

Last edited:
T

tsunamical

Great job! I've been stalking you and a few others for a while now on github.

Is the GPS working without a stock LP base now? Do you have hangouts?
GPS is working. Only thing that shouldn't be working is USB-OTG. And you can find my Google+ profile through my XDA profile, or just look at the G2 section of the Euphoria-OS G+ page.

Also to others, VS980 build coming up tomorrow. Still waiting on bootstack for F320 before I put a build out for it, and waiting on actual Lollipop for D803 and LS980.

Last edited:

Abrilabr

May 16, 2014
What does mean CAF based kernel? No need for JB bootloader a better battery/performance?? based on official LP kernel?

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Gonna hose the vs980 eh Tyler!?

Just breaking your stones lol. Glad to see you getting back into the seat.

If you or zac need a vs980 tester let me know

T

tsunamical

What does mean CAF based kernel? No need for JB bootloader a better battery/performance?? based on official LP kernel?
Will be adding to FAQ soon, but it stands for Code Aurora Forums, and CAF usually tends to use the latest things. The kernel is LP-based so you will NOT be able to flash the CM12 Render or B14CKB1RD. You should still be on the JB bootloader however.

Gonna hose the vs980 eh Tyler!?

Just breaking your stones lol. Glad to see you getting back into the seat.

If you or zac need a vs980 tester let me know

Yep! And glad to see you back as well. Won't be needing any other testers unless I'm playing with kernel things, which when Render drops his CAF sources, I'll start building a standalone as well for other ROMs that switch over to the CAF base.

Um.. Sprint lollipop has been released along with kernel code....

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app
Really? I haven't seen it yet. Once Rashed gets the adsp images and bootstack from it, I'll start building for it.

Last edited:

bps119

Jul 26, 2009
Louisville
Thanks for sharing with us @tsunamical! One question, after flashing the lollipop bootstack, if we want to go back to another rom, would we need to reflash the jb bootstack first? If we have a backup through twrp, would it restore the jb bootstack during restore?

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Thanks for sharing with us @tsunamical! One question, after flashing the lollipop bootstack, if we want to go back to another rom, would we need to reflash the jb bootstack first? If we have a backup through twrp, would it restore the jb bootstack during restore?

Depends on your device. The vs980 for example, can use the KitKat bootstack minus the radio and bootloader.

If you need to use it now, then yes, you would need to revert as the 5.0 radio shouldn't work with 4.2 kernel based roms

Twrp will be iffy with restores. Blastigator did add the option to save modem and sensor info in twrp with backups if you select it, I've not tested it myself, but on paper it should.

Edit: it would not save the bootstack

Last edited:
Reactions: bps119

goast

Aug 18, 2012
Hinesville, Ga
Really? I haven't seen it yet. Once Rashed gets the adsp images and bootstack from it, I'll start building for it.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm on it now... Well if u do get us a aosp lollipop rom using lollipop kernel and all that, you'll be the first

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ktetreault14

jcmaddox1

Aug 23, 2011
Lexington
May want to roll back for now, nasty bug found by someone, will be releasing new builds tomorrow with a fix included.

Yeah - for me it's stuck at "starting apps" and the setup menu shows behind the popup, then crashes. Any way we could get a hotfix?

If i were to roll back - should I be using a jellybean or kitkat bootstack? or can i just leave as is for other roms such as Rashed97s CM12?

Last edited:
T

tsunamical

Yeah - for me it's stuck at "starting apps" and the setup menu shows behind the popup, then crashes. Any way we could get a hotfix?

If i were to roll back - should I be using a jellybean or kitkat bootstack? or can i just leave as is for other roms such as Rashed97s CM12?
It should optimize apps properly, but the bug totally screws SystemUI over, no hotfix since it was a library issue, just going to recompile and release a build tomorrow. I would go back to the JB bootstack until tomorrow unless you had a nandroid, and if you're using one of Rashed's CAF builds then yes you can leave it, but if it isn't explicitly labelled CAF, then no, reflash JB bootstack.

F320 can test .Are uploading?
I don't need any other testers and it will come out at another time, don't ask for ETAs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Buggy.PNG

Not sure why we are talking about cars or baby buggies here:silly:

But if you have a bug to report, please post a logcat and a better description.

Thank you for the chuckle though:laugh:
    Nope, not yet. This is a issue affecting all CAF ROMs.

Need to revert all the 4K video commits, it breaks the video saving / playback. I can see the camera wrapper 4K support causing crashes in my logs (even if you switch to 1080 having these added will still cause playback crash)

I reverted them here https://github.com/dr87/G2_Device/commits/testing

After that you can record save and play videos, not sure why the orientation of videos is always landscape in google gallery but something like MXplayer reads the correct orientation
    Thread cleaned.

Here are the rules laid out by XDA.
    http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81
    I would encourage everyone here to get reacquainted with them.

Most if not all discussions were OT and/or Trolling since the last cleanup.

Thread will remain closed for a while.

-XDA Staff
    An update from Tsunamical!
    Tyler Dunn:
    G2 folks, I've halted my own kernel development for now (And for a while probably, but I'll still be messing with things on the side, just nothing release worthy), and the next builds will be built with the normal CAF kernel and from there you can choose what kernel to flash. I will not be releasing a standalone kernel, but I'll be working on Render's kernel with Zach. Builds will be done with GCC 4.9 and 5.2 for the rom and kernel respectively, and will be coming out shortly. For those who are curious, the next build aligns with upstream Euphoria, which means the stagefright patches are included.
    It was a great ROM with a great developper , great community and users too, but it's time for an upgrade. I just selt my G2 for 235$ ! ( Yeah i know how to deal :cool: ). Well good luck and keep on the great work @tsunamical on the best ROM for this device, thanks @Lawlrus and all the other users for being kind and your time.
    Have a nice day !

Sent from my SM-T116 using XDA Free mobile app