• RIL
  • GPS
  • FM
  • Fingerprint

What doesn't ?
  • Stuff that i might have not noticed

Changelogs :

02/09/2016

- Sync with latest CM ( includes off screen charging mode animation, default Hexalibre CM theme package,etc etc)
- Switched to newer radio blobs
- Other minor device cleanups

( Been hell busy & if i have time i will work on CM14 (android N), but at the moment i am not working and hence don't expect any immediate cm14 builds)

05/08/2016

- Sync with latest CM
- My non CM features retained as such
- Support for goodix fingerprint users ( Make sure to flash ROM followed by fp patch. Normal users for whom fingerprint used to work don't need to flash the patch)
- Loads of device cleanup
- Other minor improvements

Older Changelogs

18/07/2016

- Fix settings->security fc caused due to 15/07 build

15/07/2016

- F2fs implemented ( on /data and /cache ) => tested working
- Sync with latest cm
- Pokemon go mock location hack :p
- Other improvements
- Previous non CM features retained as such

05/07/2016
- Sync with latest CM
- GPS improvements
- Reduce headphone noise
- F2FS support is added (but i doubt it will boot[might be stuck in bootanim], as i didn't make a clean build) [ Try at your own risk if you know how to flash f2fs rom[you need a f2fs twrp recovery], if you don't know just flash ROM like always ]
- Some cleanup and other performance improvements

Downloads:

Latest builds

For flashing the latest build which is based on M firmware checkout the guide here

If you face camera FC just flash this patch [ not applicable to f2fs users if they have switched to f2fs ]

Just a request to users :

Please don't mirror the ROM anywhere.Also avoid posting the direct download link in comments. Please use the download link I have put up in the OP.

Requirements to flash :

• You need to have a unlocked bootloader to flash this in case anyone is going to flash
  • You need to have TWRP installed after that
  • You also need to wipe data

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
Santhosh M
Source Code: https://github.com/sandymanu/android_kernel_xiaomi_kenzo

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2016-09-02

Created 2016-04-02
Last Updated 2016-09-02

Last edited:

Santhosh M

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Reserved

Thanks to the following donators :

@Tig3ro
@sffoxy
@FrozenMindXXIII
@gap30
@t3chs0l0
@dmahtani
@badm0j0

If someone wishes to thank for my work and donate, choose the option of services/goods in paypal ( as I am a Indian user ) and the donation will go through. [ The minimal withdrawal amount for paypal indian user is 10$. Just FYI. Lesser amounts than that get stagnated in the account until the paypal balance reaches 10$ ]

Last edited:

balazs312

Dec 6, 2014
Nice! Good to see cm13 this early on this device, good luck with the development! :)
Shared this thread on Miui's forum, hope you don't mind. :)

Last edited:

DrWillz

Aug 7, 2014
WOW, already? The amount of developer support this phone has received in such a short time is amazing. Thanks for your hard work Santhosh, I'll definitely be trying this out.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

For some reason the DPI defaults to 240, shouldn't it be 480?

Santhosh M

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
WOW, already? The amount of developer support this phone has received in such a short time is amazing. Thanks for your hard work Santhosh, I'll definitely be trying this out.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

For some reason the DPI defaults to 240, shouldn't it be 480?

I am looking to fix that same "some reason" :(

Reactions: arunrulzz

amsmu

Apr 30, 2014
The fingerprint sensor is working?. I know that in M the fingerprint is supported by default.
No it doesn't. You guys misunderstand how this works
For every piece of hardware in Android you need three things
A kernel driver (we have that), a matching hal for the system's API, and service / client software that interfaces with the hal
Sadly we are missing the hal
The only hal in existence is that of xiaomi but it's a selfcooked API which most likely needs some wrappers around it to work with stock 6.0 as it lacks user management
Whenever people say Android 6 has built in support for FP readers they mean that Google established a standard API for OEMs to build hals from.
That doesn't mean that all systems now magically start having their FP readers work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 13.0 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon version

What works ?
    • Audio
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • FM
    • Fingerprint

What doesn't ?
    • Stuff that i might have not noticed

Changelogs :

02/09/2016

- Sync with latest CM ( includes off screen charging mode animation, default Hexalibre CM theme package,etc etc)
    - Switched to newer radio blobs
    - Other minor device cleanups

( Been hell busy & if i have time i will work on CM14 (android N), but at the moment i am not working and hence don't expect any immediate cm14 builds)

05/08/2016

- Sync with latest CM
    - My non CM features retained as such
    - Support for goodix fingerprint users ( Make sure to flash ROM followed by fp patch. Normal users for whom fingerprint used to work don't need to flash the patch)
    - Loads of device cleanup
    - Other minor improvements

Older Changelogs

18/07/2016

- Fix settings->security fc caused due to 15/07 build

15/07/2016

- F2fs implemented ( on /data and /cache ) => tested working
    - Sync with latest cm
    - Pokemon go mock location hack :p
    - Other improvements

05/07/2016
    - Sync with latest CM
    - GPS improvements
    - Reduce headphone noise
    - F2FS support is added (but i doubt it will boot[might be stuck in bootanim], as i didn't make a clean build) [ Try at your own risk if you know how to flash f2fs rom[you need a f2fs twrp recovery], if you don't know just flash ROM like always ]
    - Some cleanup and other performance improvements

Downloads:

Latest builds

For flashing the latest build which is based on M firmware checkout the guide here

If you face camera FC just flash this patch [ not applicable to f2fs users if they have switched to f2fs ]

Just a request to users :

Please don't mirror the ROM anywhere.Also avoid posting the direct download link in comments. Please use the download link I have put up in the OP.

Requirements to flash :

• You need to have a unlocked bootloader to flash this in case anyone is going to flash
    • You need to have TWRP installed after that
    • You also need to wipe data

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
    Santhosh M
    Source Code: https://github.com/sandymanu/android_kernel_xiaomi_kenzo

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-09-02

Created 2016-04-02
    Last Updated 2016-09-02
    Reserved

Thanks to the following donators :

@Tig3ro
    @sffoxy
    @FrozenMindXXIII
    @gap30
    @t3chs0l0
    @dmahtani
    @badm0j0

If someone wishes to thank for my work and donate, choose the option of services/goods in paypal ( as I am a Indian user ) and the donation will go through. [ The minimal withdrawal amount for paypal indian user is 10$. Just FYI. Lesser amounts than that get stagnated in the account until the paypal balance reaches 10$ ]
    So we have a flight takeoff ?

So we are on board now and have a takeoff. Thanks to Jerome for correcting my facepalm mistake :)

oV5uIl2.jpg

Regards
    Santhosh
    New release

Hi all,

New build has been released ( 21/05/2016 )

• Fairly a usable build now i guess (atleast for me)
    • Fixes RIL
    • GPS fixed
    • Several other issues fixed

Bugs:
    • Fingerprint
    • Some audio issues in whatsapp calls
    • Battery bug showing 100% when device is unplugged ( look at OP for a temp fix )
    • LED not blinking ( But LED works )
    • No LTE mode being there

Don't need to report the bugs that i have mentioned above. I am already aware of these

Enjoy and have fun !

( All i can request is please keep thread and don't provoke anything. Constant cleaning up is not good for thread )

Regards
    Santhosh
    To-do :

* Calls work fine, but there are audio issues which needs to be fixed ( along with the modem suddenly not being loaded )
    * Fingerprint ( Don't even bother asking about it now )
    * Other stuff which i haven't noticed ( GPS maybe ? )

I do have a day job to work on and little personal work after work time. So i am trying to find space for this as well. Hence be patient and don't ask for ETA. Yesterday's post was just to announce that there is a progress on RIL which you all feared is dead.

I locked the thread as i saw someone fighting and arguing. A repeat of the same and over exaggerated ETA requests ( i know it's all excitement to use latest M based custom ROM's ) would just dampen by urge to do soon and again lock the thread rendering no use.

Cheers
    Santhosh