[Q] [DEV] Connecting to OSX

Search This thread

dcholth

Nov 4, 2011
I followed the instructions in this thread and opened the file to confirm the changes (0x54c) was there, but my Sony S1 still isn't showing up in my Android Device Chooser when I run my applications. Rebooted computer, Eclipse, Tablet...

If I can't get it to show up, I'll be sending it back for a Galaxy 10.1, so bit of a time window here. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Sorry for posting this here, but I'm not allowed to comment in the dev threads yet.

dcholth

Nov 4, 2011
So I made it to the Sony Android Developer Program site and download and downloaded the development kit. Followed instructions in the very poorly made guide... no dice.

Talked with Sony support who said I should talk to Eclipse. At my wits end here, might just send it back and get a Galaxy Tab.

Last edited:

dcholth

Nov 4, 2011
Those of you who have gotten the Tablet to connect with Eclipse - what version of OSX are you on? I'm on Lion and it seems some others have had similar issues since upgrading.

dcholth

Nov 4, 2011
Ok, so I finally got it working! After adding 0x054c to your adb_usb.ini I had to kill ADB and restart it. However ./adb kill-server and then trying to ./adb start-server was giving me errors and refused to start. I had to do ./adb nodaemon server ADB_TRACE=ALL

After this, the tablet is FINALLY showing up in Eclipse.