[ROM][E4GT][11/11/12] PARANOIDANDROID 2.54 4.1.2 | Hybrid, Size&UI on PerAppBasis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville

untitled-1lqk9o.png

op-1_galaxys2.png

op-2_galaxys2.png

paranoid_notab.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.

Donations to molesarecoming
to D4rKn3sSyS
to Cyanogenmod

paranoid_instructions.png

• Make sure you are flashing from a SAFE recovery, Otherwise Odin EL26 before wiping.
  • CWM: Wipe Data/Factory
  • Install ROM: Here
  • Install Gapps: Here
  • CWM: Wipe Cache Partition
  • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Reboot

paranoid_hints.png

paranoid_trouble.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
  • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
  • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
  • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
  • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
  • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
  • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_credits.png

paranoid_changelog.png

Last edited:

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
[ROM][E4GT][10/29/12] PARANOIDANDROID 2.52 4.1.2 | Hybrid, Size&UI on PerAppBasis

untitled-2jvzs3.png

How to change an apps Layout and size

untitled-1biqpb.png

Questions And Answers

Does 4G, 3G, WiFi, GPS work?
Yes all of the above work fine.

Does everything that works on cm10, work on this rom?
Yes. If it works on CM10 it will work on Paranoid Android.
but if it do not work in CM10 it WILL NOT WORK on Paranoid Android!

How do I change my DPI on this ROM?
Go to Settings> Paranoid Settings.
In this option You will find the following options:

Work space> this is where you can have your phone look like a tablet and others....
Apps> this is where you can change any APPS DPI. Example: This means you can run your phone on stock 240 DPI, and make lets say Gmail look like the tablet version of the app by setting the Gmail.apk to 128 DPI!
Backup And Restore> Backup your Paranoid Android Settings And Restore it!
Help> Do I need to explain what this option does?? lol

I'm on a different rom (calks 3.0, the goodness, el29 Stock rom, CM10, AOKP, CM9) how do I got about flashing this rom?

All you need to do is flash the el26 STOCK CWM recovery/ kernel! Which is located here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26295021

Minor Updates/Fixes

Mediaserver is draining my battery like crazy, how do I fix this!??

Well there is a somewhat work around that may or may not work its worth giving a try!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=11556497

Statusbar fix-http://d-h.st/mVm

Calendar Fix
Here's a fix for now for the Calendar force closing. It's an inverted themed app that I tested and it doesn't fc when you go landscape and switch from week.

http://db.tt/0JCLtTBH

All credit to justin860 for the original app. Here's his full inverted gapps and more: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1797292

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Click here for custom mods for your E4GT

Last edited by a moderator:

juggalo1300

Jun 28, 2012
Why are the pics in the screenshot a different phone?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: rantoca

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
this is sick!

I'm so a few questions and pardon me if they are obvious or in the OP but I checked first.

so this is a port right?
based on phantoms cm10?
if yes then safe to assume same bugs as cm10 currently, yea?

this is awesome, so stoked for this.

No, this is source built from PA sources and Phantoms cm source tree.

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
Is everything working like 4g and such since it doesn't say in the change logs?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

ling4383

Feb 14, 2009
Ohio
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Big fan BIZ...loved the last pnoiddroid setup...about to download now but which "gapps" zip would I use on the et4g? There's a long list of them...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

untitled-1lqk9o.png

op-1_galaxys2.png

op-2_galaxys2.png

paranoid_notab.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
    Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.

Donations to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to Cyanogenmod

paranoid_instructions.png

• Make sure you are flashing from a SAFE recovery, Otherwise Odin EL26 before wiping.
    • CWM: Wipe Data/Factory
    • Install ROM: Here
    • Install Gapps: Here
    • CWM: Wipe Cache Partition
    • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot

paranoid_hints.png

paranoid_trouble.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_credits.png

paranoid_changelog.png

Come on folks. How come we aren't reading? I've stated twice that the kernel is a work in progress and also stated that it has YouTube and video camera issues. It's also stated in the op and throughout the thread to check the CM10 thread for similar issues. If you aren't going to take the time to search and read before reporting issues, maybe custom ROMs just aren't made for you. My purpose is to provide you guys with the latest and greatest. So please, take a minute to read before reporting.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I just want to say.... You E4GT guys are my only friends. My GS3 thread went dead. I check back here more often than in my own device thread. LOL. So, just for you guys, I will be releasing here first tonight. :highfive:
    My goal is to provide everyone with the best available. Could I have waited till everything was sorted out? Yes. But the truth is that with software, nothing is going to be perfect for everyone. That's why I state what the obvious issues are and then allow you guys to decide if you want to try or not. My biggest peeve is that people seem to forget, this device isn't supposed to be running jellybean yet! I apologize to the perfectionists and say thank you to the users that just like being on the bleeding edge. I felt it was time to get you guys an update to get your feet wet on the newest PA.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2