[OTA] MA7 update.zip Download

Search This thread

2k10MBC300SPT

Jun 8, 2010
Medford, MA
Any instructions for installing this on stock rooted?

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2

Easiest way to Succesfully install this(imho);

D/L the ma7 update to your PC then rename it to "update.zip" w/out quotes of course.
Place the D/l on root of External SD card
Odin back to Ljc1 (you'll be updated to Ljc automatically)
Reboot to stock recovery (Assuming you know how)
Choose install update on external Sd card (once install is done, device auto reboots)
Once booted up, device will display android updating in a countdown graph
all set from there..
Hope that helps

Last edited:
Reactions: rwilco12

MaxGadgetGuy

Jan 18, 2011
Cincinnati
Thanks for the early post of MA7!!!

What I did was go from stock rooted LGC, temporarily unroot with voodoo root-keeper, then did standard recovery for this update, reboot and then used the Voodoo root-keeper app to restore root and I'm now on rooted stock MA7. This method worked exactly as the app was intended and restored root. I verified root in apps like mybackup root. Hopefully this helps folks worried about losing root.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Easiest way to Succesfully install this(imho);

D/L the ma7 update to your PC then rename it to "update.zip" w/out quotes of course.
Place the D/l on root of External SD card
Odin back to Ljc1 (you'll be updated to Ljc automatically)
Reboot to stock recovery (Assuming you know how)
Choose install update on external Sd card (once install is done, device auto reboots)
Once booted up, device will display android updating in a countdown graph
all set from there..
Hope that helps

Thanks for posting this for everyone! I thought most people had done this before and I was limited on time so I didn't post the detailed instructions. Guess I was wrong... lol

I'm updating the OP with more detailed directions based on this.

Thanks!

rwilco12

Only for stock unrooted? That's no good lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Well all update.zip OTA's are only flashable with stock unrooted. It's a safety measure that Google/Samsung/Sprint put in there to avoid bricks from flashing over unofficial builds. You can still root immediately after updating.

spotopolis

Jun 8, 2010
I know MA7 is security updates, but is that just from MA5? If your on LJC will MA7 include everything that LK8 and MA5 had?

spotopolis

Jun 8, 2010
On little thing I have noticed already within 2 minutes of running MA7 is that the smart stay icon is always on now. It doesn't just show up when its checking now. Kind of annoying.

rwilco12

On little thing I have noticed already within 2 minutes of running MA7 is that the smart stay icon is always on now. It doesn't just show up when its checking now. Kind of annoying.

I had that on MA5 too. Drove me nuts at first but I just found myself ignoring it after a while.

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.
Well theres really not a big difference from ma5 and ma7 but then again we dont really know, the update came out for a reason.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The OTA for MA7 just came out today and it's starting to hit phones left and right. For those who don't want to wait for it we managed to pull the update.zip this morning.* We're posting it here for you to enjoy!

To flash this your phone must be on 100% stock LJC and unrooted. It can only be flashed through Stock Recovery.

WARNING: Some people are reporting issues with trying to flash back to LJC after updating to MA7. If there is any possibility you'd want to go back to LJC after this please don't flash it.

Download:

Instructions:
    • Download the ma7 update to your PC and rename it to "update.zip" (without quotes).
    • Place the update.zip in the root directory of your External SD card.
    • Odin back to stock unrooted LJC. Available here: http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?d...PH-L900)/Stock ROMs/LJC/Full Restore/Unrooted
    • Reboot to stock recovery. The "Three Finger Salute" works best. Hold down Volume Up, Home and Power until the Samsung Note 2 splash screen displays and then release.
    • Choose install update from external SDcard.
    • The device will automatically reboot after a successful flash.
    • Once booted up, device will display android updating in a countdown graph.
    Enjoy!
    I'll stick with MA5 for now too. I have no complaints at all.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

MA5 was just a leak and not official. MA7 is official. While I understand that's not all that important but there's a reason MA5 wasn't official.
    Just an FYI if all you want is root you can still use CF-Auto-Root while on MA7 to regain root access. I just did it without any issues.
    If your still stock ljc then just flash the ma7 update in Stock recovery.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Nothing changed in how you install twrp. Why are people acting like this update in turns the phone into a fckn transformer or something? Its the same phone after you update. nothing changes

Well you gotta understand when people update there phone they wanna make sure they use the right root method, things sometimes change when there's updates so cut him some slack thats what the forums are for to help out each other not to bash them for asking a simple question.

Who is going to win the odexed and deodexed rooted zip race?
    :D

I hear rumors that one or two people already have some in the works... ;)