Issues with S5

Search This thread

chstewart

Mar 26, 2012
Lehi
Hi There,

My wife just got her S5 and right from the get go she started noticing issues. She then restarted it and it worked fine for a small length of time. From what I can gather it has a yellow screen and when you try and do anything it kicks it back to a black screen.So essentially you can't do anything with it. I've played around with lot's of phones but never had something quite like this on a brand new phone that just arrived.

Here are a couple pictures that she sent me. If any of you can give any insight it's greatly appreciated. I've been scowering the web as I'm a work right now and I can't turn up anything.

WIN_20140417_210951.jpg

WIN_20140417_211328.jpg

WIN_20140417_211331.jpg

daxecutioner24

Jun 24, 2011
Maybe by entering the recovery and factory resetting it. That's the only thing I will try before I go to Tmobile and complain furiously!

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

chstewart

Mar 26, 2012
Lehi
Maybe by entering the recovery and factory resetting it. That's the only thing I will try before I go to Tmobile and complain furiously!

I appreciate the suggestion. I'll give it a try, it can't really hurt anything. I worry it's something in the display/hardware itself of which it's my understanding Tmobile has them backordered at this point.

Thank you,

~Chris

jntdroid

Feb 16, 2011
DFW, TX
Definitely return/exchange that when you can. I'd even go by just to tell them so they don't pull any "hey why didn't you come in earlier?" stuff on ya. But that's definitely a hardware issue that shouldn't be happening.

daxecutioner24

Jun 24, 2011
I appreciate the suggestion. I'll give it a try, it can't really hurt anything. I worry it's something in the display/hardware itself of which it's my understanding Tmobile has them backordered at this point.

Thank you,

~Chris

No problem. Doesn't matter if it's back ordered or not, new shipments come every week. You payed for a new phone and that's what you should get. For future reference make sure you also get the handset protection if you don't have it.