[Q] Wifi Issue with LG-D802. Advice is very appreciated

Search This thread

silverarc29

Nov 30, 2013
Middle of the sea
[Q] Wifi Issue with LG-D802

Hi all
Few days ago i receive my G2 and quickly updated to android Kitkat (Never experiencing Jellybean on this phone before),
I started to have some issues with the wifi. The wifi appears to be connected but sometimes there is no data transfer and wifi automatically disconnect even in the strongest signal area (the router is just below my desk of my phone) and the wifi settings was still turned on.
This occurs with every router from normal to the strongest connection.

Besides the connection drops also occurs on this phone which there is no internet connection even when the wifi is connected

So is this the wireless hardware issue or anyone experienced this before? Would like some suggestion please, Thanks!

ainstushar

Sep 28, 2013
So... just to make sure, you are running the default/stock ROM with OTA update to Android KitKat right? I am currently running CM11 nightly, and sometimes it has issues with connectivity (wifi/LTE). Let me know.

ainstushar

Sep 28, 2013
Here is what i would try:
1. Try resetting the phone to see if the errors go away. Maybe something went wrong while upgrading
2. If the problem still persists, and you are expert at ROMing - try installing a different ROM to see if this is related to LG's ROM.
3. Get a replacement if under warranty.

Just to let you know, KitKat does have some wifi issues. Some people are reporting issues with 4.4.2 and not with 4.2.2.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: silverarc29

silverarc29

Nov 30, 2013
Middle of the sea
1. Try resetting the phone to see if the errors go away. Maybe something went wrong while upgrading
2. If the problem still persists, and you are expert at ROMing - try installing a different ROM to see if this is related to LG's ROM.

Just to let you know, KitKat does have some wifi issues. Some people are reporting issues with 4.4.2 and not with 4.2.2.

Hope that helps.

I have reset the phone after i face the problem after the first day of use. However it does still appear but not in a very frequent like minute or hour basis. The connection drop and wifi disconnects occurs randomly during normal browsing/playstore/ social apps activities. I guess it was very hard to get for replacement under warranty if the problem was not really significant (occurs 2-4 times per day) although it is still under warranty coverage.

Thanks for your advice, i am currently looking towards in accessing device debug log to try to proof them there is something wrong with the wifi on the phone.

atomdie

Mar 15, 2011
For me the same problem happened and i found out the solution by lowering the band of rounter to 54mbps only

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope that helps.