[Q] Suggest Stable ROM After cm7.2

Search This thread

v2dare

Jul 21, 2011
Kerala
Currently on cm7,2 Manica Build

wish to Try JB stable versions

Shortlisted Cm10, SlimBean and Mokee ... Are they stable for daily use

I Dnt like to flash and try roms. So asking suggestions ..

Thanks in Advance ...

Proverbs2

Feb 1, 2012
Currently on cm7,2 Manica Build

wish to Try JB stable versions

Shortlisted Cm10, SlimBean and Mokee ... Are they stable for daily use

I Dnt like to flash and try roms. So asking suggestions ..

Thanks in Advance ...

Why do you want JB rather than KitKat? Both CM11 and SlimKat are already significantly faster and more stable than CM10 or SlimBean, in my opinion. I've been using SlimKat 4.0 for a couple of months with no major issues. It's not quite as fast as CM7 (due to the increased RAM requirements of KitKat compared to Gingerbread), but it's much faster than any of the Jellybean roms. See my guide here for tips on installing, customizing, and improving the performance of SlimKat and CM11.

selectah

Jul 8, 2011
OT: But cm 7.2 is still (significantly) faster and More stable than eg slimkat for the daily usage? Is that right? From your experiences...

Proverbs2

Feb 1, 2012
OT: But cm 7.2 is still (significantly) faster and More stable than eg slimkat for the daily usage? Is that right? From your experiences...

CM7 is still slightly faster than SlimKat, in some respects. For example, when pressing the power button to wake the screen, on CM7 the screen comes on almost instantly, while on SlimKat there is a 1 second delay. Some apps also start and run slightly faster on CM7, probably because of more available RAM.

On the other hand, SlimKat is slightly faster in other respects. In particular, the wifi speed is significantly faster on SlimKat, at least in my experience.

In terms of stability, it's difficult to say. Both CM7 and SlimKat seem perfectly stable for me; no significant problems whatsoever. However, some users still report having issues with bluetooth, wifi authentication, and telephony layer problems.

Reactions: selectah

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CM7 is still slightly faster than SlimKat, in some respects. For example, when pressing the power button to wake the screen, on CM7 the screen comes on almost instantly, while on SlimKat there is a 1 second delay. Some apps also start and run slightly faster on CM7, probably because of more available RAM.

On the other hand, SlimKat is slightly faster in other respects. In particular, the wifi speed is significantly faster on SlimKat, at least in my experience.

In terms of stability, it's difficult to say. Both CM7 and SlimKat seem perfectly stable for me; no significant problems whatsoever. However, some users still report having issues with bluetooth, wifi authentication, and telephony layer problems.