[ROM][Themed] MIUI-Gen71 v0.666 Suicidal Edition |CM 7.1-RC1|2.3.5|franco 2.6.35.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

socialdistortion

Dec 9, 2010
Hi eeee616,

It maybe dr.notor uses old transparent miui version dat is 1.8.5, the latest transparent Miui theme by Zdune is 1.8.19 and it work perfect in neocore... 320x480, zdune fix this already...

Friendly regards,
Dax aka Danial

Sent from LGE XDA phone wit Matt's v6.5.7(1.1)

I tried the latest one (1.8.19) and the resolution is still lower. The default CM theme shows 320*480... Looks like a theme problem?

gkarthik16

Dec 25, 2010
Atlanta
Same here ! Screen Black after unlocking . untill the screen is touched ...

only Happens if trying to unlock immediately after Locking...

please Fix it ... Love the ROM

This bug is from Mik's 6.6.1 CM7 and this ROM is based on that. Turn off the lock screen animation in Cyanogenmod settings and you'll not have this problem.

By the way, what on earth are you trying to do by locking and unlocking the phone immediately? Doesn't look like normal usage unless you're monkeying around with your device:D

Reactions: anirudhnyg

awersF

Apr 5, 2011
Some the apps that I've installed disappear from the app drawer.. Like the amazon appstore, I couldn't find it, but when I scroll to it through Titanium and clicked Open App, it worked. Only after I reinstall does it appear in the app drawer. Any ideas?

Otherwise, did a fresh install, haven't been getting random reboots like others posted. Rom looks amazing, definitely stable. I'm OC'd to 480/748 smartass. Benchmarks are the same as mik's 6.6.1. Overall really aesthetically-pleasing.

anirudhnyg

Jan 17, 2011
Bangalore
The Camera App is Dreadful ... it Crashes often while trying to zoom and Touching to focus ..

FIXED : unchecking autofocus in settings fixed it !

Last edited:

course05

Nov 8, 2007
my baseband version is unknown,
so i don't know is it a new / old version.
my previous rom is: update-openOptimus-build-2.202.1-thunderg-ciaox-signed.

KiLLuCHuN

Mar 6, 2011
Antofagasta
After some use I found a few stuff...

Blackscreen bug, but this is almost nothing since if it happens, as drnotor said somewhere here, you touch the screen and it wakes up. No big deal, also only happens when u try to wake up the phone just after puttin in to sleep.
(Also disabled CRT, didn't like it... )

Sluggish camera, well.. the camera is very very unstable and I use the phone mostly for social networking.. but there's no big deal, I use "mytubo" (aka instagr.am like for Android) and for normal photos I'm using "lgcamera"... works better than the camera app built in.
(There's no macro in built camera, also, in any camera app the zoom DOESN'T works... but is useless so, its ok)

Sluggish Gallery, up to now... this is also very annoying, since its so simple but also slow, I have tons of photos so the gallery takes forever to load.
I haven't searched for alternative apps...

Searched a bit about installing the stock LG camera app... but it doesn't work at all... up to what I read.
Now I'm wondering if there's a chance to get stock gallery app...

Everything else works perfect... =)

Last edited:

lekhwani

Dok is full of sarcasm and scorn and stubborness while replying to queries. Even i dont like these aspects of him. He replied and argued to me also in this manner. Sometimes i just overlooked these aspects of him.

But i developed some affinity with him when he fought against noejn. I was with dok on one major point which was noejn's remarks that belittled and deprecated Mik's work.

( later on noejn gave worthy credits to mik in his void forever op.) (Dont want to offend noejn. Noejn is the one who gave us best froyo roms)

@ccdreadcc
He fought for your favourite rjtchnn rom, ( i know you cant forget it)

I know we didn't ask him to give customer service support to o1 users. He volunteered on his own. (He was replying to every xyz query). But his customer service support was full of sarcastic, scornful and snooty remarks.
And the reason for this was: he was doing it for free.

He is bad in many ways but also good in some ways.

I hope he is ok.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM upload FINISHED, enjoy! :p

Per popular demand and due to lack of MIUI porting progress, bringing to you:

MIUI-Gen71 v0.666 Suicidal Edition

Big thanks to:
    - mik_os for his excellent ROM
    - franco for his excellent kernels
    - ZduneX25 for his great theme
    - all other people mentioned below

Special thanks to:
    SWEATTAIMI for inspiration when naming this ROM :p

Features:
    - based on CyanogenMod 7.1-RC1 (Android 2.3.5) v6.6.1 ROM by mik_os
    - latest franco kernel v1.1-24082011 (2.6.35.14)
    - QQ Launcher Pro 1.2 (Market version)
    - MIUI theme (duh!) with lots of transparency by ZduneX25
    - selection of 20 nice wallpapers, 17 lockscreen backgrounds and 56 manga-style (LOL!) pictures for your contacts (thanks to ZduneX25 and popdog123)
    - 3 more bootanimations (blue, wave and original MIUI) installed to SD card (thanks to shhbz and ZduneX25)
    - added selectbootanim script to install/remove the above bootanimations
    - deodexed, zipaligned
    - added nano, sysro/sysrw scripts
    - busybox updated to 1.19.0
    - custom MIUI bootanimation
    - fixed /system/etc/init.d/04modules
    - added /system/etc/init.d/98remount tweaks (noatime,nodiratime)
    - removed /system/etc/init.d/05mountsd so that it does not interfere with S2E, apps2sd or others
    - added /system/etc/setwifi.sh script - can be used to lower the WiFi Tx power. The value is set to 20dBm by the script.
    - patched sqlite (nosync)
    - up-to-date Google apps included (with Market :p)
    - S2E, DT's apps2sd, ungaze data2sd etc. NOT INCLUDED!!! Kindly do NOT ask for including any of these, flash/install and use whatever you want.

OLD BASEBAND ONLY!!! People asking questions about this will be shot immediately!!!

System apps removed:
    - ADW Launcher - replaced by QQ Launcher Pro
    - Camera.apk - replaced by MIUI Camera v17 (thanks to alexlacra and sweetbinodray)
    - FileManager.apk - replaced by File Expert 3.2.4 with black theme
    - Gallery3D.apk - replaced by MIUI Gallery 1.0 (thanks to sweetbinodray)
    - CMWallpapers.apk, MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk, VisualizationWallpapers.apk
    - Music.apk - replaced by MIUI Music 1.0 (thanks to kongyujian)

System apps updated:
    - Rom Manager up to v4.3.3.0
    - Superuser.apk + su updated to 3.0 beta4 (suggest buying Superuser Elite from Market to get the nifty extra features :p)
    - Android Terminal Emulator up to v1.3.1 (moved to /data/app)

Themes removed:
    - Androidian.apk
    - Cyanbread.apk

Theme added:
    - MIUI transparent theme v1.8.19 from ZduneX25 (with patched SystemUI.apk for status bar transparency)

Widgets added
    - MIUI Bright and MIUI Dark Clock (from ZduneX25)

Default bootanimation:
    - Red MIUI (thanks to shhbz)

Other apps added:
    - AdFree Android 0.7.7
    - Bluetooth File Transfer 4.85
    - GO Weather 1.9.10 with MIUI widget theme; Natural Style (HD) video theme and Animated (HD) LWP
    - LG Keyboard
    - Miren Browser 1.2 Build 155
    - MIUI Compass 1.0 (thanks to alexlacra)
    - MultiPicture Live Wallpaper 0.6.6 (for status bar transparency with QQ Launcher)
    - QQPlayer 1.0.187
    - Titanium Backup 4.1.0.1
    - Water Drop LWP

Known bugs:
    None! :p

Download:
    http://www.multiupload.com/9V9PPMYO8H

SHA1: 03f3a02c3b54024acb7f78c961df739871f1d1f6
    MD5: 7d164c8736496fb1656308e99c078385
    Screenshots:

2h30hvs.jpg
    9k13kx.gif
    2wqg9zk.gif
    index.php

index.php
    index.php
    index.php
    index.php

index.php
    index.php
    index.php
    index.php

index.php
    index.php
    index.php

index.php
    index.php
    index.php
    index.php
    Install HOWTO:

1. Flashing the ROM

1.1 Preparing for flashing

- go to recovery
    - wipe /cache, dalvik-cache, battery stats
    - flashing this over mik's v6.5.x/6.6.x ROM without wiping /data should work without any problems.
    - for any other non-CM7.1 ROM, wiping /data (factory reset) IS required (see FAQ and do not ask retarded questions)

1.2 Flashing the ZIP

- CWM should work just fine
    - TWRP - works just fine if you disable signature verification (bug reported quite a few days ago)
    - AmonRA - totally untested, definitely disable signature verification, if it does not work, try one of the above.

Do not post lame questions about failed signature verification here!!!

1.3 First boot and initial setup

- reboot from recovery
    - WAIT! Really, just WAIT!!! Even if it takes 10 minutes, there is no bootloop. Also, as long as the bootanimation is moving, the phone is NOT frozen and is busy populating the dalvik cache etc. Absolutely no need to pull the battery in that case! Once again, WAIT!
    - In case you are flashing on a clean phone (/data wiped), you will get the initial setup wizard. If you want to change your language, do it. Tap on the Android picture. Either complete the wizard or skip it. I suggest skipping it, you can add your Google account and set it up just fine after all the setup is finished by tapping on the Market icon.

IMPORTANT NOTE: In case you get some lame popup before the initial Android screen asking you to choose between something like "com.google.provisioning" and Setup Wizard, choose the topmost item, do NOT check the checkbox. (It is impossible to take a screenshot of that, so it is NOT shown below.) Follow the prompts. Again, suggest skipping the wizard as soon as possible.

index.php
    index.php
    index.php

2. Theming the ROM for dummies (picture guide):

2.1 - Lockscreen

After you have finished/skipped the setup wizard, your screen should look like on Picture 1. Go to Settings - CyanogenMod - LockScreen - Style Options. Select Lense as LockscreenStyle and check the Hide rotary arrows. Press Back a couple of times to get back to home screen.

index.php
    index.php
    index.php
    index.php

2.2 Wallpaper and status bar transparency - part 1

Hold your finger on the home screen for a while. Select Wallpapers from menu. From the next menu, select Live wallpapers. From the next menu, select MultiPicture Live Wallpaper. On next screen, tap on Settings, go to Common Settings - Picture Source. From the popup menu, choose either Single Picture or Picture Folder. On the prompt, do not forget to check "Use by default for this actions" and tap on MIUI Gallery. Go to wallpapers folder, choose a wallpaper, duh! Press back several times until you get back to the Set wallpaper screen. Tap on Set wallpaper. You are back to your homescreen.

index.php
    index.php
    index.php
    index.php

index.php
    index.php
    index.php
    index.php

index.php
    index.php
    index.php

Looks better now, huh? :p

2.3 Choosing the theme

Tap the home icon - in the app drawer list until you find Theme Chooser (on the last screen), tap the icon. Tap on Apply button under the MIUI theme. Back to home screen, note the icons in status bar are now changed.

index.php
    index.php
    index.php

2.4 Status bar transparency - part 2

NOTE: Sorry, this part IS sadly required, I cannot include the patched SystemUI.apk in the ROM, because otherwise there is never any status bar, LOL. Also it causes quite a bit of trouble with the initial setup wizard. NFC. Do not ask me why.

Finishing up!!! Press the power button, choose Reboot - Recovery - OK. Wow, the phone rebooted and you are now in recovery! Go to flash ZIP menu, browse to MIUIGEN71/themes/transparent folder and flash the statusbar_patch.zip!

Reboot.

2.5 Finished!!!

index.php
    index.php

NOTE: If you ever get bored by the transparent MIUI theme, you can undo the patch by flashing MIUIGEN71/themes/nontransparent/statusbar_undo.zip from recovery and use any CM7 theme with this ROM. (A black MIUI theme with non-transparent status bar attached here.)
    FAQ:

Q: Can I use this with the new baseband?
    A: NO!!! Absolutely NOT!

Q: Not even with the mik's patch?! Will data work with that?
    A: NO!!! Absolutely NOT!

Q: Are you planning to add support for new baseband?
    A: NO!!! Absolutely NOT! It will be supported when/if mik's ROM supports it. I will NOT do anything about baseband.

Q: But... that sucks! I do not want to downgrade baseband?
    A: Go use another ROM, such as the stock LG ****! Do not bother asking on this thread about baseband, you WILL get reported to a moderator.

Q: Can I flash this over mik's v6.5.x/6.6.x ROM without wiping /data?
    A: Yes, it should work without any problems.

Q: Can I flash this over stock ROM, GingerLOL or whatnot else without wiping /data?
    A: NO! Do not bother with complaining about crashes and broken things if you do.

Q: Why franco kernel v1.1-24082011? It is unstable for me, I have random crashed, freezes, reboots, battery drains and it even drinks all beer in my fridge overnight!?!
    A: Because the kernel works perfectly fine for me. If you get the stuff above, wipe everything (/data, /cache, dalvik-cache, battery stats), tune down your crazy OC (no, this phone will NOT work @1GHz) and enjoy your fast clean stable ROM with great performance!

Q: I still have kernel problems even after a clean flash? What now?
    A: Feel free to flash any other franco 2.6.35 kernel if it works better for you. You can report bugs in latest kernel version to franco on his thread. IMPORTANT: Do NOT bother with reporting issues if you are too lazy to provide useful information about your CPU freqs, governor settings, provide logcat etc. and the only thing you plan to do is moaning about crashes, drains etc.

Q: I am having black screen/split screen bug!!! T3h suxxxx!
    A: Sucks to be you, I do not have any such problem. Otherwise, turn off the CRT animation (who needs such stuff). If you get a blackscreen, please stop locking/unlocking the screen like mad every one second. Wait a few seconds at least. Also, there is no need to pull the battery or damage the power button by pressing it zillion times, just touch the screen.

Q: I am having battery drain! The ROM and kernel are horrible!
    A: No, the junk you have installed is horrible. Grab BetterBatteryStats, find the offending crap and uninstall it.

Q: Battery life still suxxx! Only will last 3 days!
    A: Go get a Nokia 5110.

Q: How can I switch to those other bootanimations that are included?
    A: Run terminal emulator, then do this:

Code:
    $ su
    # selectbootanim

Note: Be sure to allow the root prompt when asked. Just follow the instructions then in the menu.

index.php
    index.php
    index.php
    index.php

Q: How can I test the bootanimation without rebooting?
    A: Use adb:

Code:
    > adb shell bootanimation

Press CTRL+C to terminate it.

Q: When I mount the phone to my PC, the wallpaper I set from SD card gets lost from my home screen/lock screen!
    A: Nothing I could do about it. Normally, /sdcard can only be mounted once. When you use the phone as mass storage, it gets unmounted from the phone. Go complain to Google.

Q: But it sucks! I have my phone connected and mounted to PC for the whole day, using it as a thumbstick for playing my p0rn collection!
    A: Buy a USB stick for like $10. This is a phone, not a storage for your PC. Or grab something like Root Toolbox from the market and try the dual-mount feature there instead.

Q: When I boot the phone, it takes some time before the background picture appears.
    A: It takes a while to get the SD card partition mounted to phone. Go complain to Google.

Q: What are those sysro/sysrw scripts good for?
    A: As the name suggests, to remount your system read-only/read-write.

Q: How to I use them?
    A: Duh, use the terminal, luke!

Code:
    $ su
    # sysrw

... (do whatever you want now with files under /system)

# sysro
    # exit
    $

Q: What is nano?
    A: A console-based text editor. If you do not know what it means, you do not use it. RTFM!

Q: How do I set the WiFi Tx power so that it does not needlessly drain battery?
    A: Use /system/etc/setwifi.sh script. It sets the value to 20dBm.

Q: Can I change that value?
    A: Yes, edit the script. (See nano above.)

Q: Could you include my cool 99zomgmakemyphoneflylikehellubercool tweak?
    A: No, sorry. I only include reasonable stuff. This ROM and kernel have excellent performance without any tweaks. Flash those yourself and do not bother with reporting resulting issues here. Will NOT fix them.
    dr.notor was banned because XDA idiots thought he was using multiple accounts, which is false. They said he was using the old account as well. Which is funny because he asked for the old account to be terminated in an open thread somewhere in another forum, (I don't have the link anymore sadly, search for yourself) and it's visible for the mods. Because of this and because he's tired of XDA mods not doing anything, and because he's tired of blind users that don't read ****, he decided to left this place for good.

This are not my words, he just asked me to transmit this information, therefore I play no part on this matter. Good day.