[CM7] (Unofficial) CM 7.2 RC0 information thread

Search This thread

L22EEW

Mar 13, 2008
Wales
www.facebook.com
I followed the instructions and flashed this ROM yesterday. It was my first time. I am happy to say that most everything went smoothly and it works well. The only issues I can see so far is my menu LED stays lit when the screen is off and last night it locked up. I had to remove the battery to restart it.

I've done some searching for the LED issue but haven't found anything yet. Is it a configuration somewhere?

Thanks and great job to everyone that made this ROM possible.

I'm having the same problem... but not all the time. To be honest, I ain't even bothered by it.

Must admit, the ROM is absolutely amazing! Really fast, no random reboots... hardly any force closes! Extremely pleased with this ROM! Got no idea why I didn't install this any sooner!

Last edited:

marksm

Jan 15, 2008
DFW, Texas
Had to remove the battery again this morning.

I plug it in to my uverse box overnight for charging and WiFi has been enabled.

I need it to be functioning in the morning because it's my alarm clock.

ramtix

Dec 2, 2010
Gladstone
Had to remove the battery again this morning.

I plug it in to my uverse box overnight for charging and WiFi has been enabled.

I need it to be functioning in the morning because it's my alarm clock.

bro,

that lit up menu button is a notification feature on CM7. You don't need to remove your battery to turn it off. Just swipe down the status bar/notification bar and close/remove the notification message, and it will turn off.

L22EEW

Mar 13, 2008
Wales
www.facebook.com
Well, been using this ROM for 2 days now. The battery life is so much better, along with everything else of the ROM.

This is by far, the BEST ROM I have ever used//tired/installed on my Streak.

Literally in love with my Streak again! :D

Reactions: jamo59

L22EEW

Mar 13, 2008
Wales
www.facebook.com
Screen Rotation

Ok, just when I thought there were no faults with this ROM. Yesterday noticed that my screen won't rotate if I turn my streak 90 degrees, 180 degrees, 360 degrees. Bit annoying as if I were to view a web-page in landscape, I simply can't.

Been checking the settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Display -> Accelerometer rotation -> 90 degrees is checked...

But no rotation happens. Any one else has this slight glitch?

rsfinsrq

Ok, just when I thought there were no faults with this ROM. Yesterday noticed that my screen won't rotate if I turn my streak 90 degrees, 180 degrees, 360 degrees. Bit annoying as if I were to view a web-page in landscape, I simply can't.

Been checking the settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Display -> Accelerometer rotation -> 90 degrees is checked...

But no rotation happens. Any one else has this slight glitch?
I have them all checked and have full rotation.

Edrill

Nov 16, 2010
The widgets in the Notification bar when you swipe down on your home screen.

L22EEW

Mar 13, 2008
Wales
www.facebook.com
The widgets in the Notification bar when you swipe down on your home screen.

Nope, can't find anything there; see attached:

screenshot-1336410523654.jpg

L22EEW

Mar 13, 2008
Wales
www.facebook.com
Aha... got it! It was the Screen Orientation widget afterall. I didnt have the widget selected. Thanks! :thumbup:

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA

Last edited:

cdzo72

Aha... got it! It was the Screen Orientation widget afterall. I didnt have the widget selected. Thanks! :thumbup:

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA

I also have a modified android.policy.jar file to switch to default landscape mode if you're interested and know how to use adb push or know how to put it in your original ROM's zip and flash it

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
I also have a modified android.policy.jar file to switch to default landscape mode if you're interested and know how to use adb push or know how to put it in your original ROM's zip and flash it

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Was it patched directly on top of the included android.policy.jar?

If it was give me a copy and I'll make a flashable zip and link it to the optional items on post 2 in a couple days.

Reactions: cdzo72

cdzo72

Was it patched directly on top of the included android.policy.jar?

If it was give me a copy and I'll make a flashable zip and link it to the optional items on post 2 in a couple days.

IF you mean did I use the actual android.policy.jar from the ROM the answer would be yes.... I think the change was move v1, v5 (v5 was originally v3 but I can't be sure, I made it back when hPa first released the ROM to us). But it works without any problems. That along with changing the orientation to "sensor" mode in CyanogenMod settings and everything but the ThemeManager apps I think reverts to default landscape.

FIRST BOOT DOES take a considerable while after implementing it for some reason, but after that it's normal

Streak5-Cyanogen7.2-Flashable-LandscapeDefault

I made this one up but it won't flash... for the life of me I can't make a flashable zip to save my life, something I'm doing wrong in the updater.script I know but I just can't put my finger on it.

Fix that zip up and I'll be indebted to ya.... I can keep it in my Dropbox or DJ can host it... whichever you deem best

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
I figured it was the reverse of the portrait hack for Stock roms (ie hacking the mov opcode there).

Offhand I dont see any problem with your script, but I cant repack it for another few days till I rebuild my dev pc, and for that I cant actually confirm/deny that there's an error in your script.

CM7 itself offers proper landscape default support though, there's an entry in build.prop about it, but I dont know if it's merely reporting it to the system or if it actually controls it. I do know that it's definitely possible to do properly though rebuilding CM7, but that wont be any time soon.

I believe that actual tablet mode would resemble CM7 on the nook or kindle fire or the like (ie includes soft buttons like HC/ICS in tablet mode)
Regardless it will still be available in phone mode (ie what we currently have)

Like I previously mentioned I would like to attempt to rebuild CM7.2 final with the following options:
  • Tablet mode
  • HDPI
  • Landscape mode

I would imagine it would end up with the following end results:
  • Tablet mode + landscape mode
  • Phone mode and/or portrait and/or HDPI
Though saying and doing are entirely different things.

All hosting done on streakdroid.com is directly managed by me, DJ_Steve isnt involved directly. (Though obviously it's his space and I am/streak users as a whole are indebted to him for providing space)

I will eventually be remirroring everything off devhost.com as I am amoung the many Registered Contributors that recieved free accounts.
For anyone in the western hemisphere (ie north and south america) I would recommend that as it would likely be faster.
Anyone in europe would likely get faster results from streakdroid.com
All others I cant say, you'll just have to try and see.

Reactions: pigletiger

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
show_progress 0.1 0
copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:
set_perm_recursive 0 0 0755 0644 SYSTEM:framework
show_progress 0.1 10

That is amend scripting, while it will still work on streakmod (assuming it's correct, I assume it is offhand), you shouldnt be using it.

Amend was dropped in CWM 3.0, and has migrated over to edify scripting.

While amend still works due to streakmod being based on CWM1.8, you shouldnt use it due to edify being forwards compatable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction:
    This is a thread to organize information on the CM7.2 port made by hPa.

It also includes files that are directly relevent to the CM7.2 port.

Requirements:
    • A custom recovery installed
    • Stock 407 firmware installed

Installation:
    1. Download: update CM7.2 RC0 zip
    2. Copy to sdcard
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash
    5. Factory reset - inside custom recovery
    6. Fix permissions(?) - inside custom recovery
    7. Reboot
    8. Factory reset - main menu [BOTH ARE REQUIRED!]
    9. Reboot
    10. Finished
    11. Optional: Flash optional mods in next post

Credits:
    • hPa for porting CM7.2 RC0
    • DJ_Steve for providing hosting

FAQ:
    • I cant boot CM7.2 after installing / I get boot loops after installing / Why do I need to do two different factory resets?
      • Each factory reset clears different sets of data, the stock one only clears what's normally needed to be cleared.
        An analogy would be that: stock clears: ABCD, recovery clears: CDEF.
    • My battery life is bad / My wifi does not automatically turn off at sleep
      • The rom currently has a bug in that it ignores the current wifi sleep setting and always leaves it on, a workaround is to manually turn it on and off via the notification bar
    • Does the rom really support overclocking to 2.5 GHZ?
      • No, it was mistakenly added, it only really supports OCing up to 1.190 GHZ, anything higher does nothing.
        There is a patch in the files section to set it back to the stock defaults
    • Google Market is missing
      • You must also flash the GApps package, it is not included by default in CM roms
    • What is the difference between the normal (MDPI) and HDPI zips?
      • Each rom only includes assets (icons/bitmaps/etc) for their respective DPIs, you should pick MDPI if you prefer 160 DPI and HDPI if you prefer 240 DPI
    • What does the RC0 in the title stand for?
      • Cyanogen 7.2 itself is not released yet, this rom is based off 7.2-RC0 (ie when it was still in beta), the latest build is RC1
    • Does this mean there will eventually be a CM9/ICS port?
      • No, as this rom uses the stock 407 drivers. The drivers would need to be ported to ICS before you can have a working ICS rom.
    • Are there any themes for this rom?
      • Not directly, but there are hundreds of compatable themes for CM7/Tmobile theme engine enabled roms.
        Any theme made for CM7 should work on CM7.2
    • How do I install the apks in the Optional Mods section?
      • If they are update.zips: Flash them though a custom recovery
        If they are apks: Sideload them though your preferred method (Browser, Root explorer, adb, etc)
    Optional Mods:
    • Gapps Support
    • CPU 'Fix': [LINK TBA]
      • Sets CPU governer and clocks back to stock default
    • Dell Stage 1.6 fix: [LINK TBA]
      • Fixes to make Dell Stage 1.6 work on rom
    • DSC Phoenix kernel: Link
      • Will be directly integrated into CM7 in a future release
    • USSD Fix: update USSDfix 2.zip
      • Allows you to use USSD codes from the dialer
    I will have gapps prepared very soon, it's the latest ones from stock 407 (which are newer then the ones normally bundled with CM7). I have to finish editing the installation script first.
    Everyone should also take note of this:

We already have drivers for GB: they're the ones included in stock 4xx.
    We DONT have the source code for them, we cant fix bugs in them, we cant port them to ICS.

And repeat: We dont have drivers for ICS, and we wont be getting stock drivers for ICS.

Some drivers are available already though other sources:
    The GPU drivers were previously released
    The wifi/bt drivers might be available though other devices
    The touchscreen drivers might be available though other devices.

I do not know about sensor drivers, there's several of them.
    (GPS, accelerometer, ecompass, light/prox sensor)

I do not know about the ril/radio drivers.
    I do not know about the front and rear camera drivers.
    We definitely do not have the hdmi drivers.

There's a couple other things that arnt listed.

It may very well be possible to port CM9 if everyone is willing to give up the phone parts and use it essentially as a wifi tablet.
    Back during the HC launch DJ_Steve hackported HC to the S5, but never released it for this reason (that and HC doesnt support phones anyway).

The only drivers we're confirmed to have officially are the qualcomm release of the adreno drivers,
    everything else we either have to reimplement or borrow (and hope works) from other devices.
    There's noone available to actively maintain it.

I'm going to attempt to build CM7.2-final when it's released, but that wont be for a while as CM7.2 is still a while from release itself.

Assuming I can get that much done (which really depends on how much the code wants to cooperate), I'm gonna try and build CM9 and see how much works/doesnt work. Even if that compiles (which will be surprising if even) I expect it will be like DJ_Steve's old CM6.1 alpha, in that nothing really worked.

I assume the qualcomm drivers will/have been merged into CM9 soon enough, which means that if it works at all it'll likely be GPU accelerated, it might even have wifi and bluetooth. But it likely wont have cell support or hdmi out. It all really depends on what drivers CM9 itself already has (as it has like half of the drivers we need from common sources such as other devices)

CM9 likely needs kernel changes/a lot of kernel stuff to really work, which I have no intention of doing.

There's a lot of 'if's in the previous statements, pretty much everything has to go right to get even a barely working at all build.

For time time being, even if we had someone actively mantaining CM7 there's not a huge amount to do except fix a couple minor things. (which we more or less have as hackfixes already)

The only real thing missing is better kernel OC support via cmsettings, some minor sensor related stuff, and hdmi out.