[TOOL] [LOGCAT] [VTS] Advanced Logcat Viewer 1.9.28.1000

Search This thread

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
alv%20Banner.PNG

Advanced Logcat Viewer (ALV) is a very powerful tool to work with logcats on Windows. It's easy to use and includes the most popular features when it comes to working with Android log files.
The Advanced Logcat Viewer was originally created for my IDE Virtuous Ten Studio, but I think it's useful enough to be published as a standalone version as well.
It has the same features as within VTS but is obvioulsy a much lighter package for people that don't want or need the additional functionality VTS offers.

ALV can easily do the following for you:
  • Grab the actual logcat from a connected device in realtime and with live updates
  • Highlight the log entries in different colors based on their verbosity
  • Dynamically filter the incoming logs with a search term, a verbosity filter or an exclude term
  • Save the filtered or unfiltered logcat to a text file
  • Upload the filtered or unfiltered logcat to pastebin for easy sharing
  • Load logcat entries from a text file to analyze existing logcats or from other people

Screenshots

Related Software
Virtuous Ten Studio - A fully featured IDE for all your Android binary modification needs
Advanced Deodex Tool - Easily deodex many binaries in no time (available in VTS, coming soon as standalone version)
Advanced Screenshot Creator - Take device screenshots with ease (coming soon to VTS and available as standalone version)

Changelog

System requirements
  • Windows Vista or later (including Windows 8)
  • Microsoft .NET 4.5
  • Properly set up ADB drivers

Download
If you like ALV, please consider looking at the original, fully featured IDE Virtuous Ten Studio.

ALV 1.9.28.1000

Last edited:

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Really useful tool, quite handy to have it as a lighter standalone too.

Direct upload to Pastebin, and ability to import externally generated logcats are real standout features.

AlxMAX

Sep 30, 2007
Bucharest
Suggestion...

Very nice and useful work. I have a suggestion. I have downloaded ALV and I have extracted it without the External directory which contains the adb tool. The result of starting the logcat receiver was an unhandled exception. My intention was to use the adb which I already had following the installation of the Google SDK. My suggestion for the ALV would be the following idea: try to launch External/ADB/adb.exe, then launch the adb based on the PATH environment variable then display an error if no adb tool has been found. Or simply put a browsing button and a text box populated with a default path to adb.

Last edited:

lex_is300

Dec 6, 2010
Worcester, MA
Cool to see this as a standalone app. I've always used it in VTS and it is very convenient/easy to use. Great work as always sir.

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
Long time VTS user. It rocks. On Win 8.1. Not sure how to install this. Tried running the exe and does nothing. Feeling kinda stupid right now. :cool:

Edit: NVM got it just had to move it around manually. Working good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diamondback

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
Oha? Where and what did you move?
For some reason it didn't want to extract to C/Program Files so I just manually moved it over so it would be in same place as VTS. Not sure why didn't want to direct extract with 7 zip. Kept getting an access denied error on Win 8. Could extract all to Desktop no problem. Had to be something on my end. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Diamondback

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
So I've added a better search for the adb binary, timestamps and some other misc things from the VTS dev branch, anything else on the wishlist? If not I'll release an update shortly :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    alv%20Banner.PNG

Advanced Logcat Viewer (ALV) is a very powerful tool to work with logcats on Windows. It's easy to use and includes the most popular features when it comes to working with Android log files.
    The Advanced Logcat Viewer was originally created for my IDE Virtuous Ten Studio, but I think it's useful enough to be published as a standalone version as well.
    It has the same features as within VTS but is obvioulsy a much lighter package for people that don't want or need the additional functionality VTS offers.

ALV can easily do the following for you:
    • Grab the actual logcat from a connected device in realtime and with live updates
    • Highlight the log entries in different colors based on their verbosity
    • Dynamically filter the incoming logs with a search term, a verbosity filter or an exclude term
    • Save the filtered or unfiltered logcat to a text file
    • Upload the filtered or unfiltered logcat to pastebin for easy sharing
    • Load logcat entries from a text file to analyze existing logcats or from other people

Screenshots

Related Software
    Virtuous Ten Studio - A fully featured IDE for all your Android binary modification needs
    Advanced Deodex Tool - Easily deodex many binaries in no time (available in VTS, coming soon as standalone version)
    Advanced Screenshot Creator - Take device screenshots with ease (coming soon to VTS and available as standalone version)

Changelog

System requirements
    • Windows Vista or later (including Windows 8)
    • Microsoft .NET 4.5
    • Properly set up ADB drivers

Download
    If you like ALV, please consider looking at the original, fully featured IDE Virtuous Ten Studio.

ALV 1.9.28.1000
    I've just released the second standalone tool from VTS: The Advanced Screenshot Creator.
    It's a replacement for the screenshot part of DDMS but offers you a much better interface and more flexibility.

Check it out :)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2461615
    reserved for later use
    Really useful tool, quite handy to have it as a lighter standalone too.

Direct upload to Pastebin, and ability to import externally generated logcats are real standout features.
    Suggestion...

Very nice and useful work. I have a suggestion. I have downloaded ALV and I have extracted it without the External directory which contains the adb tool. The result of starting the logcat receiver was an unhandled exception. My intention was to use the adb which I already had following the installation of the Google SDK. My suggestion for the ALV would be the following idea: try to launch External/ADB/adb.exe, then launch the adb based on the PATH environment variable then display an error if no adb tool has been found. Or simply put a browsing button and a text box populated with a default path to adb.