{All 2011}[DISCONTINUED][FAQ][Q&A][CM10.2] LegacyXperia discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

euvoe

Oct 27, 2013
First of all thank you for this project. If it wasn't for you we would "have to" buy new phones every year to stay up-to-date.
Just a quick question about gapps: Why is the one from basketbuild different than the one from goo.im?
diff shows this:
diff -ur aaa/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh bbb/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh
--- aaa/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh 2008-02-28 18:33:46.000000000 +0200
+++ bbb/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh 2008-02-28 18:33:46.000000000 +0200
@@ -9,7 +9,7 @@
app/ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
app/ConfigUpdater.apk
app/GenieWidget.apk
-app/Gmail.apk
+app/Gmail2.apk
app/GmsCore.apk
app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk
app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
@@ -45,7 +45,6 @@
lib/libgames_rtmp_jni.so
lib/libgoggles_clientvision.so
lib/libgoogle_recognizer_jni.so
-lib/libgoogle_recognizer_jni_l.so
lib/libgtalk_jni.so
lib/libgtalk_stabilize.so
lib/libjni_latinime.so
Binary files aaa/system/app/GooglePlus.apk and bbb/system/app/GooglePlus.apk differ
Binary files aaa/system/app/Phonesky.apk and bbb/system/app/Phonesky.apk differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/libRSSupport.so and bbb/system/lib/libRSSupport.so differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/libplus_jni_v8.so and bbb/system/lib/libplus_jni_v8.so differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/librsjni.so and bbb/system/lib/librsjni.so differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/libwebp_android.so and bbb/system/lib/libwebp_android.so differ

om22

Feb 4, 2013
Munich
First of all thank you for this project. If it wasn't for you we would "have to" buy new phones every year to stay up-to-date.
Just a quick question about gapps: Why is the one from basketbuild different than the one from goo.im?
diff shows this:
diff -ur aaa/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh bbb/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh
--- aaa/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh 2008-02-28 18:33:46.000000000 +0200
+++ bbb/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh 2008-02-28 18:33:46.000000000 +0200
@@ -9,7 +9,7 @@
app/ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
app/ConfigUpdater.apk
app/GenieWidget.apk
-app/Gmail.apk
+app/Gmail2.apk
app/GmsCore.apk
app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk
app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
@@ -45,7 +45,6 @@
lib/libgames_rtmp_jni.so
lib/libgoggles_clientvision.so
lib/libgoogle_recognizer_jni.so
-lib/libgoogle_recognizer_jni_l.so
lib/libgtalk_jni.so
lib/libgtalk_stabilize.so
lib/libjni_latinime.so
Binary files aaa/system/app/GooglePlus.apk and bbb/system/app/GooglePlus.apk differ
Binary files aaa/system/app/Phonesky.apk and bbb/system/app/Phonesky.apk differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/libRSSupport.so and bbb/system/lib/libRSSupport.so differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/libplus_jni_v8.so and bbb/system/lib/libplus_jni_v8.so differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/librsjni.so and bbb/system/lib/librsjni.so differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/libwebp_android.so and bbb/system/lib/libwebp_android.so differ
use the one from goo.im because it is the fixed one. in the basketbuild one there´s for exymple still the old gmail2.apk in addon.d script so you will lose gmail when updating your rom.

Vamire

Oct 3, 2010
ok im on 10.2-0131014-unofficial -smultron
The battery last 3days + so far so good. :good:
But i have problem with google maps - google apps sometimes goes crazy on my screen any idea?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-25-16-48-54.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-25-16-48-54.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 205

fingerslip

Mar 21, 2012
wifi on latest build (cm-10.2_coconut-LX-20131101-NIGHTLY) doesn't work, it doesn't start

Edit: As anyone notice that network operator signal is too weak on these latest builds?

Last edited:

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
No, because they said it can run on lower-end devices. Which means if a dev were to port it, it would (at least) take up less system space on our phones and be memory-optimized. If nothing else. It's definitely better than now because we'll have more space in the data partition to use for apps

1st i moved thread as this is no discusson for the dev thread :). butthere several mistakes/missunderstandings:
but u know that /system and /data partition are 2 standalones means, even if u have 100mb+ free in system, the data partion ist still the same size???? (and dont get bigger):confused:

2ndly what google means with ''to run better on low memory devices (especially improvments 512mb ram devices)'' has nothing to DO with some system space. its about the RAM. (which is HW related so u cant make it 'bigger' or 'smaller' as this chip is 512mb) now only thing u can do is to reduce the default system needed space like cm10.x does with removing HD recording from defaults so the RAM has about 20mb more. these 20mb is even needed if u have a HD enabled cam in ROM, even if u NEVER used it there wasted all the time. so thats what google does they try to decrease the default system load. 2nd thing is also ther apps (dont know about 3rd party) the footprint in RAM will decrease. example: chrome will use -16% ram if u use it on an 4.4 device. same for g-services and so on. so u can better multitask or simply have a bit more free ram. (NOT storage!) tahts what they mean by ''memory-optimized'' also if they use a newer linux kernel version it will be good for ram/system managment so it willl run more fluidly. (i heard theres allready a rom (not for our devices) which uses the linux 3.10.xxx kernel which is awesum:victory:)

i dont even know if we able to resize partitions. if no, U WILL NEVER get more /data space,. & why u simply not buy a 16/32/64 gig sd then u have enogh spce i think.

3rd:we missunderstand. the problems that i mean, are the HW / driver etc (software problems). so i meant at this point we cant say nothing. we would had to compile a tzest build & do some debbugging. i give u right a port would be great but, WE CAN'T solve HW incompabilty. so there can be 1000 devs, 1 HW incompabiluity = no 4.4 for us. i just remeber u current 4.3 with its problems in sound libs, screen, etc and so one. good as mike solved most of these. so i can be that we run into problems which are not solveable. (by software. = we're fuc*ed up :( ) also i remember some mounts bfore, there was a rumor that 4.4 only supports adreno 3xx chip's, i we get into probs like these we also can do nothing as many lib's are hardcoded (no developing with these) like the camera ones.

last but not least a example: u know wifi in current 4.2.2 builds??? some time bfore mike said sth like this ''man i tried allmos everything to get wifi better, i getting to think its a chip problem'' (<-- not solveable by developing :( ) maybe sony knows long time thats impossible & thats why we never got that JB update. bcuz then everybody would complain abot sony, even if they cant do more, so they make the choice to relase nothing as sth bugged/unstable.....

sry for that long text & peace , bejunk

Last edited:

JovieBrett

Dec 17, 2012
Manila
1st i moved thread as this is no discusson for the dev thread :). butthere several mistakes/missunderstandings:
but u know that /system and /data partition are 2 standalones means, even if u have 100mb+ free in system, the data partion ist still the same size???? (and dont get bigger):confused:

2ndly what google means with ''to run better on low memory devices (especially improvments 512mb ram devices)'' has nothing to DO with some system space. its about the RAM. (which is HW related so u cant make it 'bigger' or 'smaller' as this chip is 512mb) now only thing u can do is to reduce the default system needed space like cm10.x does with removing HD recording from defaults so the RAM has about 20mb more. these 20mb is even needed if u have a HD enabled cam in ROM, even if u NEVER used it there wasted all the time. so thats what google does they try to decrease the default system load. 2nd thing is also ther apps (dont know about 3rd party) the footprint in RAM will decrease. example: chrome will use -16% ram if u use it on an 4.4 device. same for g-services and so on. so u can better multitask or simply have a bit more free ram. (NOT storage!) tahts what they mean by ''memory-optimized'' also if they use a newer linux kernel version it will be good for ram/system managment so it willl run more fluidly. (i heard theres allready a rom (not for our devices) which uses the linux 3.10.xxx kernel which is awesum:victory:)

i dont even know if we able to resize partitions. if no, U WILL NEVER get more /data space,. & why u simply not buy a 16/32/64 gig sd then u have enogh spce i think.

3rd:we missunderstand. the problems that i mean, are the HW / driver etc (software problems). so i meant at this point we cant say nothing. we would had to compile a tzest build & do some debbugging. i give u right a port would be great but, WE CAN'T solve HW incompabilty. so there can be 1000 devs, 1 HW incompabiluity = no 4.4 for us. i just remeber u current 4.3 with its problems in sound libs, screen, etc and so one. good as mike solved most of these. so i can be that we run into problems which are not solveable. (by software. = we're fuc*ed up :( ) also i remember some mounts bfore, there was a rumor that 4.4 only supports adreno 3xx chip's, i we get into probs like these we also can do nothing as many lib's are hardcoded (no developing with these) like the camera ones.

last but not least a example: u know wifi in current 4.2.2 builds??? some time bfore mike said sth like this ''man i tried allmos everything to get wifi better, i getting to think its a chip problem'' (<-- not solveable by developing :( ) maybe sony knows long time thats impossible & thats why we never got that JB update. bcuz then everybody would complain abot sony, even if they cant do more, so they make the choice to relase nothing as sth bugged/unstable.....

I totally agree with you:good:

Reactions: bejunk

akshay7394

Jan 7, 2012
Bangalore

1. I know, but on devices like ours we can move more apps to /system/app to get more space on data/app. that's what i meant, phrased it badly.

2. While that's true, they also specifically mentioned that the system space occupied by stock system apps would be less than current editions of android; they said this in DevBytes also and AP explained it on a reddit thread too. Now while I know it might not be possible to actually reduce system partition size to increase data partition size, they explained that within the system partition it less space would be taken, which provides us with more space to transfer apps to.

3. I didn't mean I expected 4.4 or anything :) I was just pointing out that it would be lovely. things like the WiFi, etc., are problems we live with with the 4.1+ roms that exist, so it's really not a new problem.

Lastly about buying a higher-storage device - believe me, i want to. Doing my very best to save up for the nexus 5 to get it by (at least) feb. Cash is a little hard to pull out of nowhere unfortunately :)

Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain, though. :)

Reactions: bejunk

nimbold

Oct 3, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Confirm not working Wifi on Smultron in latest build. Flashed included kernel and did all wipes as always.

Edit: got it working by solution on Discussion page. Thanks

Last edited:

Steph310

Jul 3, 2012
Cahors
Confirm not working Wifi on Smultron in latest build. Flashed included kernel and did all wipes as always.

Edit: got it working by solution on Discussion page. Thanks

Wipes aren't needed, your problem comes from your rom/kernel installation because elroysk's solution is good and works fine!
Sorry...

You broke something wipping.
- Flash anew old 20131024 build (kernel and rom) without any wippe
- When everything works as before, flash 20131101 kernel and rom without any wippe!
- To finish use elroysk's solution and enjoy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if doesnt work wifi on latest build (20131101) try this:
    open terminal
    type: su
    type: cd system
    type: cd bin
    type: wifical.sh
    restart phone
    Final release

## Release build 20140303 - cm-10.2
    * Latest cm10.2 changes
    * Updated kernel to 3.4.82
    * Updated BFQ io scheduler
    * Corrected device name/manufacturer
    * Enabled Sony apps in market
    * Boot 2 seconds faster in CWM

Basketbuild buildbot is not functional yet so I am building on my home PC.
    Builds will roll alphabetically until tomorrow.

This is the final build that will be released with the current PMEM kernel.
    New build coming

## Release candidate 2 build 20140111 - cm-10.2
    * Latest cm10.2 changes
    * Updated kernel to 3.4.76
    * Build zRAM again
    * Disabled in-call noise suppression
    * Fixed camera timelapse mode
    * Enabled Recovery Performance Profiles
    * Enabled Qualcomm bionic optimizations
    * Enabled SD partitioning in CWM recovery
    * Don't overclock on default performance profile
    * Fixed cyrillic hardware keyboard layout on mango/iyokan
    * Kernel changes:
    - Updated msm_serial_hs driver (affects bluetooth)
    - Updated mmc code to CAF jb_2.5 branch (affects SD performance)
    - Updated zRAM for better performance
    - Enabled cleancache
    - Enabled zcache
    - Updated lowmemorykiller
    - Added exFAT filesystem support
    - Added NTFS rw support
    - Added profiling (oprofile) support
    - Updated ondemand bootspulse frequency
    - Boot with 1GHz instead of 1.2GHz by default

Builds will roll alphabetically for all devices until tomorrow.
    New build coming

## Release candidate 3 build 20140207 - cm-10.2
    * Latest cm10.2 changes
    * Updated kernel to 3.4.77
    * Fixed lockscreen PIN layout on coconut/mango/satsuma/smultron
    * zRAM updates
    * Updated exFAT kernel driver
    * Performace profiles update: powersave: max 768MHz, balanced: min 122MHz
    * Backported extra_free_kbytes from KitKat
    * Disable in-call noise suppression (for real this time)
    * Small conservative governor update
    * Added LegacyXperia Center
    * Testing updated wl12xx kernel driver & firmware
    * Fixed reboot to recovery
    * Disabled kernel NTFS driver (CM uses ntfs-3g userspace driver)
    * Made exfat driver built-in instead of module
    * Testing change to allow .tar backups in CWM
    * Fixed coconut proximity sensor

Builds will roll in reverse alphabetical order until tomorrow