[RETIRED AS OFFICIAL IS OUT]Full landscape for manila 2.5[v 1.0][PROJECT PULSE]

Search This thread

k2thejx5

Aug 10, 2008
Sacramento
Hello k2thejx5,

thank you for your answer.

This is was I found in the forum, but I think it doesnt work with the Leo (with t-mobile Branding?).

I have "settings" ("Einstellungen) in Start menu with the following Points and subs (sorry for German but is an German t-mobile ROM):

Personalisieren
Hintergrund Startseite
Wetterhintergrund
Animierter Hintergrund
Hintergrund Displaysperre
Registerkarten auf Startbildschirm
Schriftarten
Vibrierung

Funkeinstellungen

Sound & Display

Datendienste

Standort

Sicherheit
Verschlüsselung
Zertifikate
Telefonsperre
Zurücksetzen

Anwendung
Programme entfernen
Programme verwalten

SD-Karte & Telefonspeicher

Datum & Uhrzeit

Gebietsschema & Text
Regional
Texteingabe

Fehlerbericht

Andere
Autozubehör-Modus
Software Update
Task-Manager
Microsoft My Phone
Uploader
USB zu PC

Telefon-Info
Telefon-Identität
Hardware-Informationen
Softeare-Informationen
Akku
Info

There I found nothing what looks to disable Manila 2.5.

Waiting for help!
PS Is it possible in Windows Mobile 6.5 with Manila 2.5 to see the original Windows settings?

umm okay i don't know what it would say in german but if you go to settings go to today then click the bottom tab that says items after that go down the list and uncheck htc sense it wont be called 2.5 or anything its gonna be called sense. And for the settings yea it is all you have to do is go into all settings in the setting tab of 2.5 or in the settings in the start menu either of those will work.

cdiesel

May 31, 2009
nice finally thank you and also is it just me or when i go into landscape on the home screen it doesnt scroll for my apps

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
Mmmmm your not trying to be smart aXX on me right? i meant that for people that want a perefect port they should go crying to htc doors steps, rotastrain is doing everything he can to make a usable landscape mod, first you have to make it work then worry about the graphics and stuff, he dosnt have a htc tech by hes side saying do this or do that, HES DOING IT ALL FROM SCRATCH, you should be thanking him ffs, not crying about the port's condition...

We are trying to make this better by reporting whatever issue we find, not whining. And I do thing that the ability to type in the search bar on the contacts window while in landscape mode (ie using the keyboard) is pretty useful and should be reported to him to see if he can do something
I dont think that the few graphic hiccups matter much (like the white square appearing sometimes at the bottom left for instance but there are a few others) matter much and I did not mention them
If you have a problem with that, just leave this forum and go somewhere where useless comments and useless flaming are better accepted

pbujard

Dec 4, 2005
For your information, I have tested this great work on the following ROM : Touch-IT Black Leo v3 and the calendar look better than in your caps. Maybe that can help.

Thanks for your work. A little donation is coming right now.

sancho1234

Sep 23, 2007
Budapest
blog.sancho.hu
I tested it.

It has blocked the working of the Vovichek Jamrecords 16 shortcut (Vovichek_Jamrecords_16shcut_m1619.cab).

Hide the bottom menus on the Sense 2.5 today screen.

Replace the default browser from Opera to Internet Explorer, but the IE is reset the PDA.

The installer replace the background image on all tabs. I don't like it. ;) It is a symbol reminds me of what our country used to extremist groups.

I use the Ark AF Leo Sense 2.5 ROM on Touch Pro2.

I uninstall it, after the Opera works fine, IE no crash, soft menus are ready.

Thank you the developing! I save this topic to my favorites. :)

Last edited:

Gooser711

Dec 1, 2006
I tested it.

It has blocked the working of the Vovichek Jamrecords 16 shortcut (Vovichek_Jamrecords_16shcut_m1619.cab).

Hide the bottom menus on the Sense 2.5 today screen.

Replace the default browser from Opera to Internet Explorer, but the IE is reset the PDA.

The installer replace the background image on all tabs. I don't like it. ;) It is a symbol reminds me of what our country used to extremist groups.

I use the Ark AF Leo Sense 2.5 ROM on Touch Pro2.

I uninstall it, after the Opera works fine, IE no crash, soft menus are ready.

Thank you the developing! I save this topic to my favorites. :)

You have to run the 16 shortcut cab file after this installs and it will work again. You can replace the background on all tabs with a program like HD Wallpaper as long as it's run after this installs.

Still looking for the manila file I have to edit in manila 2.5 that will change the internet globe image and default webpage/browser. Anyone know which one it is?

Edit: Found a workaround to get Opera to load as default on manila Internet Globe image push, so uh nevermind my question above.

Last edited:

knitram

Nov 27, 2009
umm okay i don't know what it would say in german but if you go to settings go to today then click the bottom tab that says items after that go down the list and uncheck htc sense it wont be called 2.5 or anything its gonna be called sense. And for the settings yea it is all you have to do is go into all settings in the setting tab of 2.5 or in the settings in the start menu either of those will work.

Hello k2thejx5,

Do you use a hd2(Leo)? If yes, please tell me the exact name of the setting I have to choose. Because I have no settings for "today" (German translation "heute") I have checked all settings, but there is nothing wit sense or manila. In my touch hd it is no problem, there works the way you told.

But with the hd2(Leo) I have no idea how to DISABLE MANILA.
Thanks for help.

madz001

Jul 24, 2009
Karachi
topaz

Topaz is WVGA it should work.
But TOPAZ does not have a keyboard so you need to add manila to one of those screen rotating apps i guess.
Try it :p

i have already added manila to rotating list of TD 2tools. but that is not working for me all the tabs gets messed up in landscape just wanted to know does this application supports automatic rotation or not.

madnish30

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
i have already added manila to rotating list of TD 2tools. but that is not working for me all the tabs gets messed up in landscape just wanted to know does this application supports automatic rotation or not.

I added Manila to G-Config list and it rotates fine ( some time gets stuck but when u chake the phone it gets ok )
But I have a Raphael ( VGA)
I don't know about Topaz ( WVGA ).
But it should be working.
Try some other rotating app.

knitram

Nov 27, 2009
Hello k2thejx5,

Do you use a hd2(Leo)? If yes, please tell me the exact name of the setting I have to choose. Because I have no settings for "today" (German translation "heute") I have checked all settings, but there is nothing wit sense or manila. In my touch hd it is no problem, there works the way you told.

But with the hd2(Leo) I have no idea how to DISABLE MANILA.
Thanks for help.

Ok, I got it!
It is circumstantial, but the only way I found.
Go to "Start" choose "Erste Schritte" (perhaps "First Steps" in WWE), go to "Hintergrund festlegen" and here you can change to "Einstellungen > Heute" (Settings > Today). From here it is how described everywhere.

Hxp00

Nov 21, 2009
I have tried this on the hd2. does not seem to work.

@knitram using HD2 (german): Go to Start -> Einstellungen -> in the bottom bar choose Menü -> Mehr

Devilbear

Feb 11, 2009
Juicy R5 + Manila 2.5

MANILA 2.5 LANDSCAPE
PROJECT PULSE

(WITH SPECIAL THANX TO DOUGIE FOR HOSTING)

As usual im creating something new and coming up with concepts for our phones!!this is my attempt to make a begining in landscape dev

BY NO MEANS WILL THE LANDSCAPE BE PERFECT.
Sometimes when u switch from potriate to landscape,the landscape might not come properly.just go to the adjacent tab and come back..the landscape will come properly

PLEASE INSTALL MORTSCRIPT ON UR PHONE(LINK BELOW)
OTHERWISE IT WONT WORK

THA CAB WILL TAKE SOME TIME TO INSTALL.ITS A BIG FILE.

THIS CAB WILL WORK ON ANY ROM USING LEO manila 2.5

THIS WILL NOT AFFECT MANILA TV TAB

INSTALL

STEP 1

INSTALL MORTSCRIPT

http://tp2.blownfuze.org/files/MortScript-4.2-PPC.cab

STEP 2
DISABLE MANILA

then
INSTALL MY CAB

this is a small version(thanx to agent_47)

http://www.mediafire.com/?tintnoyzzmy

(if the one above doesnt work try this on)
http://tp2.blownfuze.org/Rotastrains_landscape_2.5.cab

STEP 3
INSTALL THIS SMALL REG TWEAK

http://tp2.blownfuze.org/rotastrain_fail_safe.cab

ROM COOKERS PACKAGE

http://tp2.blownfuze.org/manila_landscape.rar

IF you like my work for the xda community please donate using the big black donate button below.It is not eseential but very very apprecaited!

FINAL RESULT FOR v1.0
1>LANDSCAPE ON ALL PAGES

-----
issues
--Calendar page is usable but garbled--will work on this and release fixes in later releases
--the retractable slider button may whiten out at times

---
--everything else is usable in landscape no problems..

the background issues have been fixed so as the bottom bars..

what u see in the caps i am uploading now is the final for v1.0
screen15m.jpg

screen01c.jpg

screen02a.jpg

screen03o.jpg

screen04e.jpg

screen05f.jpg

screen06v.jpg

screen07w.jpg

screen08.jpg

screen09b.jpg

screen11w.jpg

screen12b.jpg

screen13m.jpg

screen14d.jpg

-points:calendar is still not working in landscape..BUT IM WORKING ON IT..
if i could get everythng else to dance can getthis dancing as well

Does Not Work on Juicy R5 w/ manila 2.5 Don't use or youll have to Hard Reset / Flash Juicy R5 + Manila 2.5 and start all over again.