How to sim unlock! I'm Confused please Help!

Search This thread

pitbullmommy45245

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Ok so i have been researching and i'm soooo confused. I am on 4.3. I have read that i need to downgrade but doing so will hard brick my phone. I need to sim unlock it so i can use it on cincinnati bell. can somone please tell me how i can sim unlock my phone successfully? When i go into the hidden menu i have the option that says rat_free_support.

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ok so i have been researching and i'm soooo confused. I am on 4.3. I have read that i need to downgrade but doing so will hard brick my phone. I need to sim unlock it so i can use it on cincinnati bell. can somone please tell me how i can sim unlock my phone successfully? When i go into the hidden menu i have the option that says rat_free_support.

Unfortunately, nobody has yet posted a method to successfully free unlock the S3 running on 4.3. It's possible to downgrade your ROM only to 4.1.1 without downgrading the bootloader and retain full phone functionality. However, you would still not be able to free unlock as you need to be on complete stock 4.1.1, including the bootloader, to be able to free unlock. Until someone comes up with an exploit, your best options now would either be to request the unlock code from your carrier, if eligible, or purchase an unlock code online.

pitbullmommy45245

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Unfortunately, nobody has yet posted a method to successfully free unlock the S3 running on 4.3. It's possible to downgrade your ROM only to 4.1.1 without downgrading the bootloader and retain full phone functionality. However, you would still not be able to free unlock as you need to be on complete stock 4.1.1, including the bootloader, to be able to free unlock. Until someone comes up with an exploit, your best options now would either be to request the unlock code from your carrier, if eligible, or purchase an unlock code online.

so i got a different s3. its on 4.1.2. i'm trying to downgrade but i can't find the firmware download anywhere

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
thank u so much. the file says its a rom though? do i have to root my phone. my phone is completly stock unrooted or anything.

It's a zip file. You would need to download it extract all files. The file to flash via Odin is: I747UCDLK3_I747ATTDLK3_I747UCDLK3_HOME.tar.md5. It doesn't matter whether your phone is rooted or not. A successful flash will deliver a complete stock image. When downgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.1.1, you may experience some error messages after reboot due to some remnants of 4.1.2 on the system. This can be resolved by doing a reset to factory settings either via recovery or from the settings menu.