cant restore to stock!

Search This thread

gabyk321

Feb 7, 2013
Hello everyone, i rooted my phone and flashed a custom rom to my S4 and i could even restore it to stock once but when i rooted it again and flash another custom rom i can't get back to stock!
odin keeps failing whatever i do it says "Can't open the serial(COM) port." for 4.4.2 stock
and "Complete(Write) Operation Failed" for 4.3 stock rom and i just cant do anything with it, i tried uninstalling the phone drivers and installing them again what should i do ?

osmanovea

Apr 9, 2014
Hello everyone, i rooted my phone and flashed a custom rom to my S4 and i could even restore it to stock once but when i rooted it again and flash another custom rom i can't get back to stock!
odin keeps failing whatever i do it says "Can't open the serial(COM) port." for 4.4.2 stock
and "Complete(Write) Operation Failed" for 4.3 stock rom and i just cant do anything with it, i tried uninstalling the phone drivers and installing them again what should i do ?

restart computer
try different port
impossible flashing 4.3 - downgrade

Last edited:

airtime82

Jun 9, 2012
Are you using the same "official" build you were on last before flashing a custom ROM?

Sent from my jflte using Tapatalk

gabyk321

Feb 7, 2013
Yes I am
Edit:
I just the cable port and it installed or updated the drives, whatever happened i could flash 4.4.2 successfully!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Ali Zubair

Aug 28, 2013
Yes I am
Edit:
I just the cable port and it installed or updated the drives, whatever happened i could flash 4.4.2 successfully!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

do not try to flash 4.3 it will not work you cannot downgrade from 4.4.2 as your bootloader gets updated and if you do then you will only endup trigring knox binary that will void your warrenty if you care....

NingaR

Feb 6, 2013

try re install Samsung drivers