Mobile odin pro question

Search This thread

*keen*

Jan 13, 2014
Sorry if this has been answer already. I searched for a answer but couldnt find. My question is can a flash the newest bootloader & modem via Mobile odin pro instead or do i have to use PC Odin? Im not worried about tripping the knox counter if that helps anyone who May answer the question... Thx for all the phone swag the awesome people here at xda make available..

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sin Reinheit

Jan 24, 2011
Austin, TX
G900TUVU1BNG3 Update

I plan to update my phone to G900TUVU1BNG3 and keep root. I used the Towelroot approach to root NE6 and my Knox Void Warranty is 0x0 (Not Tripped).

I'm familiar with the approach to updating and retaining root, but I'm confused about the app Mobile Odin Pro. I've read countless threads regarding to updating to G900TUVU1BNG3 using Mobile Odin (on T-Mo forums and Samsung Galaxy S5 forums) but I cannot get a definite answer that using the app will trip Knox. I understand that Mobile Odin has the ability to flash the kernel and modify the bootloader, which would trip Knox.

If I have the choice to avoid tripping Knox, I'd rather go that route. I'm sorry for being tedious and I'm sure that the answer is obvious, but I'm a complete noob.

My question: Will installing and using Mobile Odin Pro to update my phone trip Knox?

I'm guessing that if I avoid selecting the Bootloader and Kernel on Mobile Odin Pro, I should be fine even if I have Mobile Odin Pro installed.

spirodave

Mar 3, 2014
Saint Louis missouri
I plan to update my phone to G900TUVU1BNG3 and keep root. I used the Towelroot approach to root NE6 and my Knox Void Warranty is 0x0 (Not Tripped).

I'm familiar with the approach to updating and retaining root, but I'm confused about the app Mobile Odin Pro. I've read countless threads regarding to updating to G900TUVU1BNG3 using Mobile Odin (on T-Mo forums and Samsung Galaxy S5 forums) but I cannot get a definite answer that using the app will trip Knox. I understand that Mobile Odin has the ability to flash the kernel and modify the bootloader, which would trip Knox.

If I have the choice to avoid tripping Knox, I'd rather go that route. I'm sorry for being tedious and I'm sure that the answer is obvious, but I'm a complete noob.

My question: Will installing and using Mobile Odin Pro to update my phone trip Knox?

I'm guessing that if I avoid selecting the Bootloader and Kernel on Mobile Odin Pro, I should be fine even if I have Mobile Odin Pro installed.
If you have premium handset protection then i wouldnt worry about tripping Knox. You can throw your phone at a brick wall and it wont void your handset protection. By the way there are plenty of threads about Tmobile not caring if Knox is tripped .Long story short nothing Voids handset protection so if you have it then flash away . Even if you dont I wouldnt worry to much anyway Tmobile never even checks for Knox

Reactions: Sin Reinheit

ashraf sharif

Dec 30, 2011
nyc

mobile odin will never touch the bootloader. also it will not trip knox

erraggy

Dec 18, 2010
Los Angeles
about.me
If you have premium handset protection then i wouldnt worry about tripping Knox. You can throw your phone at a brick wall and it wont void your handset protection. By the way there are plenty of threads about Tmobile not caring if Knox is tripped .Long story short nothing Voids handset protection so if you have it then flash away . Even if you dont I wouldnt worry to much anyway Tmobile never even checks for Knox

@Sin Reinheit, here is the best information I could find regarding t-mobile's policy/procedure for users turning in phones: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49346278&postcount=14

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

mobile odin will never touch the bootloader. also it will not trip knox

@Sin Reinheit, here is the best information I could find regarding t-mobile's policy/procedure for users turning in phones: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49346278&postcount=14