Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

androidarmy

Mar 11, 2016
Hi guys I have a problem I got note 3 verizon 5.0 and I'm rooted I pop my ultra sime which is tmoble and talk and text work but I can't use data on this thing and yes I did add the apn
Plz help

xenreon

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jun 2, 2014
MTK? Those devices are strange, I don't get how they can be flashed over locked bootloader.

Although, I have been looking at customizing my niece's Nook tablet, it has locked bootloader but you can boot CWM/TWRP from extsd then flash a CWM/TWRP to internal emmc then flash ROMs, its not what I'm used to. Its basically a boot strap or can be a second bootloader like on my kindle fire HD 7, it boots then loads the second bootloader and that bootloader boots the ROM or recovery(like Safestrap where it interrupts boot and inserts other software and boots that, your original is still there but doesn't get a chance to boot) which isn't the same as an actual flash.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yes MTK

Lassov

Feb 6, 2013
www.youtube.com
Hey guys, how do I get WiFi working after flashing a custom kernel? I have the "Turning on WiFI" forever bug
Is there any "easy" way to fix it? Or to custom the flash file in order to make it work?
Anyway I had a TWRP backup so im running with stock ROM kernel.

Any help is apreciatted

hotvindaloo

Feb 27, 2016
Hi I changed the phone call quality on a s4 mini cm 13 with pimp my ROM and phone call audio is farbled, I can't change back and flash again fresh. Still nothing. Please help. I know I need to change back to half rate narrowband but can't and there's no Samsung secret menu on cm13.

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey guys, how do I get WiFi working after flashing a custom kernel? I have the "Turning on WiFI" forever bug
Is there any "easy" way to fix it? Or to custom the flash file in order to make it work?

Any help is apreciatted

A little information on your phone model, the kernel you flashed, and your current ROM would be something you may want to include if you want help.
Hard to help with knowing nothing about what you are working with.
Wifi always works for me with M8 and custom kernels with ViperOneM8 ROM

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt

Any help is apreciatted
If flashing the kernel created the issue then post your issue where you got the kernel, if its caused by the kernel then maybe the developer of the kernel or other members that have used the kernel can help.

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
LG G44 petition..

question is this. we the LG G4 community have locked bootloader, someone made a petition for Lg to release the unlock. bin to all variants.. only europe phones ca be unlocked.. so thres a goal of 5000 signings. we are near 3000.
so if we ask the xda community to help us reach. our goal. where can i post link to petition.? we already have it in G4 section but, i was wondering i we could put in general section so the rest of members could sing petition. can it be done and if yes, on wich section would be the ideal with most users can see it...

themetal2001

Dec 25, 2015
Flashing roms

I'd like to know if it's possible to flash stock rom from SD card using the stock recovery. Thank you very much.

xenreon

Jun 2, 2014
Can only moderators and admins use gif and other animations in signatures :what:
I've seen non moderators (RC/RTs) using gifs on their signature but it says I don't have the permission to do so....

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Let me know how it goes.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Can only moderators and admins use gif and other animations in signatures :what:
I've seen non moderators (RC/RTs) using gifs on their signature but it says I don't have the permission to do so....
I have tried also but it got so convoluted that I decided to take a break and eventually get back to it.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

I have tried also but it got so convoluted that I decided to take a break and eventually get back to it.

xenreon

Jun 2, 2014
Let me know how it goes.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

I'm wondering how others have it while it says no to me, or am I missing something here :confused:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
I'm wondering how others have it while it says no to me, or am I missing something here :confused:
I don't know, I never took the time to search or ask a Moderator why the difference, I didn't care enough to dig that deep because using gif or not didn't matter that much to me.

I'm sure the guys using them would know.

xenreon

Jun 2, 2014
I don't know, I never took the time to search or ask a Moderator why the difference, I didn't care enough to dig that deep because using gif or not didn't matter that much to me.

I'm sure the guys using them would know.

Let's see what I got, I'll go ask some people now or soon....

saxdude32

Jan 29, 2016
LG tribute soft brick?

After wiping my rom with twrp and failing for hours to get the custom rom I previously had on the phone to boot again, I decided to try re-installing twrp. Unfortunately I flashed the wrong disk image for the recovery. I now have the option of the standard LG boot screen, or the "factory reset processing" screen when I try to launch the recovery menu. How would one go about resetting a recovery?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
After wiping my rom with twrp and failing for hours to get the custom rom I previously had on the phone to boot again, I decided to try re-installing twrp. Unfortunately I flashed the wrong disk image for the recovery. I now have the option of the standard LG boot screen, or the "factory reset processing" screen when I try to launch the recovery menu. How would one go about resetting a recovery?
Flash the correct recovery maybe.

Top Liked Posts