[ADB/FB/APX Driver] Universal Naked Driver 0.73

Search This thread

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
Universal Naked Driver 0.73
** Nexus 5 Support
** Nvidia Shield ADB added (ADB & Fastboot Only)
** Will update with Nvidia Shield APX asap

Universal Naked Driver 0.72
** HTC One Added (HTC phones are pretty much future proof with my driver)
** Google Nexus 4 Added
** Google Nexus 10 Added
** Google Nexus Q Added
** Google Nexus S Added

32 & 64 Bit Windows 8.1 / 7 / Vista / XP - Attached to this post!
MD5: 5B9EA9C73066E8F655D14BBA8318C176

I am happy to release my Universal Naked Driver. This is to allow ADB, Fastboot & APX interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that I couldnt use my Transformer Prime and Galaxy Nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the Sensation & Galaxy Nexus was helpful so I thought I would bring to XDA the newest Android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to Windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "Uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device" then hit OK and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
Google Nexus Devices ADB & Fastboot
Samsung Devices ADB & Fastboot
Asus Devices ADB, Fastboot & APX
HTC Devices ADB & Fastboot

Code:
[B]Windows 8 Instructions[/B]

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8:

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
Click ‘More PC Settings’.
Click ‘General’.
Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
Wait a bit.
Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
Click ‘Advanced Options’
Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
Click Restart.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Universal_Naked_Driver_0.73.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 629,195
Last edited:

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
You had a thread allready: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1998650
why didnt you update that one instead of making a new thread?

There always has been more then 2-3 threads for the drivers so this is not new from me.

It also allows for promotion as people are still discovering the drivers. With all the versions I have released and all the autoroot kits on XDA that use these drivers the downloads are over 2 millions downloads and counting.

Once tested well I will update my other threads. =)

Probably to keep .73 and .72 separate?

Correct it allows to me to roll it out to a smaller userbase with a little control, then I update all threads with new version.

Additionally a good amount of Android autoroot kits rely on my updates and I like to be careful. I do not want to fix whats not broken. ;)

Yes they works fine with 8.1 I will update the post as well. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited:

DJ-Tumor

Mar 25, 2012
Viersen
Xiaomi Mi 10
Google Pixel 7
Windows2000 is not listed.
Do the drivers work for Win2000 too?

Usually you wouldn´t find me asking something like this, but my hyper-fast supermachine at work does run on this legendary OS ;)

Since mass storage mode doesn´t work / I didn´t find it to activate....I still look out for a way to mount the nexus5 to that crap thing.

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
One more question, are this drivers needed? Whats the difference with the google drivers provided in the android SDK? Thanks

These are based off the newest Google drivers from the SDK, first most they allow anybody to download them and simply unzip the drivers without the need to install the SDK or Java, no EXE's or installations hence the "naked" part.

Secondly and most important these work with over 300 different Android devices as of today. It allows people with multiple devices to not have to install anything on their computer this driver will allow those 300 devices to communicate with fastboot and adb. If you service a friends Android your good to go, if you have multiple devices you are good to go.

These also work with APX devices which is a special flash mode for Nvidia Tegra devices... all in one little zip.

Hope this helps

Would like more info too ? I'm using Google drivers working perfectly....

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Please see above =)

Windows2000 is not listed.
Do the drivers work for Win2000 too?

Usually you wouldn´t find me asking something like this, but my hyper-fast supermachine at work does run on this legendary OS ;)

Since mass storage mode doesn´t work / I didn´t find it to activate....I still look out for a way to mount the nexus5 to that crap thing.

Sorry I have not tested it but feel free to give it a whirl, these will not harm your machine in any way or form. =)

Warrimonk

Aug 15, 2009
You should add that the nexus 5 USB connection must be set to MTP mode for the driver installation to work. I changed it and it stopped the driver from installing properly.

sishgupta

Dec 14, 2011
Toronto
Been using this since I got my galaxy nexus 2 years ago.

Thanks for updating for the Nexus 5. Works great!:victory:

gaurav2009

Jun 14, 2011
I am new to adb and fastboot(samsung user)...so I assume you are saying that I uninstall any previous drivers installed and I dont need to install the google android tools adb etc instead I install ur drivers and I am good to go..?

kornball

Oct 6, 2009
You should add that the nexus 5 USB connection must be set to MTP mode for the driver installation to work. I changed it and it stopped the driver from installing properly.

I had disabled MTP mode when I connected via USB. Now, I can't find the option to re-enable it. Where is it? I'm sure it's something extremely simple that I'm just overlooking...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Universal Naked Driver 0.73
    ** Nexus 5 Support
    ** Nvidia Shield ADB added (ADB & Fastboot Only)
    ** Will update with Nvidia Shield APX asap

Universal Naked Driver 0.72
    ** HTC One Added (HTC phones are pretty much future proof with my driver)
    ** Google Nexus 4 Added
    ** Google Nexus 10 Added
    ** Google Nexus Q Added
    ** Google Nexus S Added

32 & 64 Bit Windows 8.1 / 7 / Vista / XP - Attached to this post!
    MD5: 5B9EA9C73066E8F655D14BBA8318C176

I am happy to release my Universal Naked Driver. This is to allow ADB, Fastboot & APX interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that I couldnt use my Transformer Prime and Galaxy Nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the Sensation & Galaxy Nexus was helpful so I thought I would bring to XDA the newest Android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to Windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "Uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device" then hit OK and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
    Google Nexus Devices ADB & Fastboot
    Samsung Devices ADB & Fastboot
    Asus Devices ADB, Fastboot & APX
    HTC Devices ADB & Fastboot

Code:
    [B]Windows 8 Instructions[/B]

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8:

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
    Click ‘More PC Settings’.
    Click ‘General’.
    Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
    Wait a bit.
    Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Click ‘Advanced Options’
    Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
    Click Restart.

Enjoy!
    You had a thread allready: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1998650
    why didnt you update that one instead of making a new thread?

There always has been more then 2-3 threads for the drivers so this is not new from me.

It also allows for promotion as people are still discovering the drivers. With all the versions I have released and all the autoroot kits on XDA that use these drivers the downloads are over 2 millions downloads and counting.

Once tested well I will update my other threads. =)

Probably to keep .73 and .72 separate?

Correct it allows to me to roll it out to a smaller userbase with a little control, then I update all threads with new version.

Additionally a good amount of Android autoroot kits rely on my updates and I like to be careful. I do not want to fix whats not broken. ;)

Yes they works fine with 8.1 I will update the post as well. Thanks for pointing that out.
    I've downloaded the driver file for the Nexus 5 and extracted the files.
    But, how do I "install" these drivers in my Windows 7 64 bit?
    Thanks.
    After uninstallation of existing drivers, you must disable auto install drivers option (go to devices & printers, right click on computer, device installation settings, never).
    Than plug nexus, wait that comp notice that it is pluged, and choose the folder where you have extracted universal driver... :thumbup: and remember..... Google is your best friend!!! ;):)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    ADB, Fastboot and USB drivers Installer Tool for Windows

I made a tool to install the latest ADB, Fastboot and USB drivers for windows, its very easy to use, just double click the file to start the installation process
    you can see it here:
    https://xdaforums.com/android/general/tool-adb-fastboot-installer-tool-windows-t3999445

Screenshot:
    attachment.php

Hope you will like it
    One more question, are this drivers needed? Whats the difference with the google drivers provided in the android SDK? Thanks