[RIL] Data Fixes for the 6.0.1 bootloader [Nougat][Marshmallow]

Search This thread

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
alaskalinuxuser3.ddns.net
Praise God! The TBLTETMO data fix finally works!

What is this for?
-These data fix zips allow you to use a TBLTEXX rom on your phone (provided that you can flash it, see "flashing tbltexx roms" for details on that). If you edit a TBLTEXX rom and flash it to your phone, you will not be able to use the cellular, but now you can with these data fix zips!

THIS IS FOR THE 6.0.1 BOOTLOADER ONLY! THIS ONLY WORKS ON ROMS BUILT FOR THE TBLTEXX ON THE 6.0.1 BOOTLOADER! PLEASE USE WITH CAUTION!

Flashing TBLTEXX roms:
You have two choices, either flash a TBLTEXX recovery, so you can flash TBLTEXX roms, or you can use a TBLTETMO recovery and follow the steps below.
Steps

1. Download the TBLTEXX rom that was built using the 6.0.1 bootloader.
2. Unzip the rom.
3. Open ./META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script in gedit or notepad++.
4. Delete the first line - should say something like
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "tblte" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tblte" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "tbltexx" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tbltexx" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "tbltedt" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tbltedt" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: tblte,tbltexx,tbltedt; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
5. Save the file.
6. zip the contents back up.
7. Flash!

Post #1: Introduction and editing TBLTEXX roms.
Post #2: Thanks and a list of known working TBLTEXX roms, with links!
Post #3: The data zips.

Last edited:

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Thanks!
@Mickey387 - For continued development for the TBLTEXX!
@louforgiveno - For making the 5.1.1 bootloader data zips for the trlte, which inspired this set of datazips. (Same principle, different files.)

Known working TBLTEXX roms:

[ROM][7.1.1] AOKP Nougat with built in sidebar launcher! [tbltexx]
This rom is available in the T-Mobile thread also for direct use on the T-Mobile phones!

https://xdaforums.com/note-edge/development/rom-aokp-nougat-built-sidebar-launcher-t3558296
Instructions: After downloading this, you do not need to edit the zip, it is ready for flashing, flash rom, gapps. Reboot, let it settle, then, go back into recovery and flash datazip #1. Reboot. Now you will see your cell phone signal as empty, select your apn, and set your phone to 3g mode. Then, after you get the H+ by your cell signal, you can switch back to LTE.

[ROM][OFFICIAL]NOUGAT Resurrection remix 5.8.0 (7.1.1)

https://xdaforums.com/note-edge/development/rom-nougat-resurrection-remix-5-8-0-7-1-t3509295
Instructions: After making it flashable, flash rom, gapps. Reboot, let it settle, then, go back into recovery and flash datazip #1. Reboot. Now you will see your cell phone signal as empty, select your apn, and set your phone to 3g mode. Then, after you get the H+ by your cell signal, you can switch back to LTE.

[rom][6.0.1] aokp mm [n915t/n915f/n915fy/n915g]

https://xdaforums.com/note-edge/development/rom-aokp-mm-t3484354
Instructions: After downloading the 6.0.1 bootloader version, you do not need to edit the zip, it is ready for flashing. Flash the rom, the gapps, and reboot. After it boots up the first time, go back to recovery and flash data zip #1. You should be good to go! If you have trouble, choose your apn, cycle between 3g and lte!

@finnigen2 found that this also works with Resurrection remix 5.8.1 (7.1.1) with the data fix with Mickey's TWRP 3.0.3.1_915F, see post #11 for details!
@unimatrix725 found that this also works with TekX EPE2 [6.0.1] on a SM-N915R4 (U.S. Cellular), see post #13 for details!
@JeremySS found that if you upgrade from TBLTEXX RR 5.8.0 to 5.8.1, you can flash data zip 2 to fix your issues, see post #15 for details!

Last edited:

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Just to clarify Alaksa. What's the difference between the two datafix zips? Do both need to be flashed?
Great question!

At this time, you only need #1 for the two mentioned ROMs. #2 has the same files, but in slightly different folders, which may work on other ROMs, which keep them in different places. #2 MAY work better for TW roms, but you'll have to test it out sometime....

I tested out both ROMs, but only some initial testing, like rebooting. When you reboot, the cellular keeps working, so it is persistent, which is good! :D

I did notice one problem, which needs investigation: with Mickey's 3.0.2-0 TWRP, backing up works fine, but after a restore, the cellular doesn't work. Something like titanium backup, or some other app data backup and restore might be needed for backing up your data.

My wife is due Monday, so I will be taking a break for a little while, but don't worry, I'll be back. Be sure to post anything here as you try things out!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

JeremySS

Dec 14, 2010
Indianapolis
I posted in the RR thread but am bringing here for discussion. I initially had trouble connecting to secured routers but after connecting to an open wifi network it will now connect with no trouble to my wps2 secured network... So in summary everything is working well after the initial unexplainable hiccup.

Reactions: AlaskaLinuxUser

unimatrix725

Apr 13, 2011
Big Stoned Gap, VA
Working on SM-N915R4 (U.S. Cellular) With:
CPL1 BaseBand [Latest 6.0.1USC]
&
Emotion TW MM r26 Kernel
&
TekX EPE2 [6.0.1] Release (currently using).

I Install ROM(s), Kernel, DataFix, then SuperSu SR3 after 1st boot. (su is present in ROM, but missing from drawer).
DataFix provides access to Verizon, T-mobile, and AT&T.
Freaky in a good Universal Way.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-12-20-58-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-02-12-20-58-43.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 233

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Working on SM-N915R4 (U.S. Cellular) With:
CPL1 BaseBand [Latest 6.0.1USC]
&
Emotion TW MM r26 Kernel
&
TekX EPE2 [6.0.1] Release (currently using).

I Install ROM(s), Kernel, DataFix, then SuperSu SR3 after 1st boot. (su is present in ROM, but missing from drawer).
DataFix provides access to Verizon, T-mobile, and AT&T.
Freaky in a good Universal Way.

Thanks!
Wow! That is surprising news indeed! Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my SM-N915F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: darazor

JeremySS

Dec 14, 2010
Indianapolis
Quick update...After flashing the latest RR build (01/31/2017) data quit. It had been working well with the data1 fix but now the cellular connection was still there but it always said connecting in the status area and would never get 3g or LTE. I went into recovery and flashed the data2 file and now all is working perfectly again.

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Quick update...After flashing the latest RR build (01/31/2017) data quit. It had been working well with the data1 fix but now the cellular connection was still there but it always said connecting in the status area and would never get 3g or LTE. I went into recovery and flashed the data2 file and now all is working perfectly again.
Excellent troubleshooting and feedback! Thanks!

Reactions: darazor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Praise God! The TBLTETMO data fix finally works!

What is this for?
    -These data fix zips allow you to use a TBLTEXX rom on your phone (provided that you can flash it, see "flashing tbltexx roms" for details on that). If you edit a TBLTEXX rom and flash it to your phone, you will not be able to use the cellular, but now you can with these data fix zips!

THIS IS FOR THE 6.0.1 BOOTLOADER ONLY! THIS ONLY WORKS ON ROMS BUILT FOR THE TBLTEXX ON THE 6.0.1 BOOTLOADER! PLEASE USE WITH CAUTION!

Flashing TBLTEXX roms:
    You have two choices, either flash a TBLTEXX recovery, so you can flash TBLTEXX roms, or you can use a TBLTETMO recovery and follow the steps below.
    Steps

1. Download the TBLTEXX rom that was built using the 6.0.1 bootloader.
    2. Unzip the rom.
    3. Open ./META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script in gedit or notepad++.
    4. Delete the first line - should say something like
    Code:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "tblte" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tblte" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "tbltexx" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tbltexx" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "tbltedt" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tbltedt" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: tblte,tbltexx,tbltedt; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
    5. Save the file.
    6. zip the contents back up.
    7. Flash!

Post #1: Introduction and editing TBLTEXX roms.
    Post #2: Thanks and a list of known working TBLTEXX roms, with links!
    Post #3: The data zips.
    Thanks!
    @Mickey387 - For continued development for the TBLTEXX!
    @louforgiveno - For making the 5.1.1 bootloader data zips for the trlte, which inspired this set of datazips. (Same principle, different files.)

Known working TBLTEXX roms:

[ROM][7.1.1] AOKP Nougat with built in sidebar launcher! [tbltexx]
    This rom is available in the T-Mobile thread also for direct use on the T-Mobile phones!

https://xdaforums.com/note-edge/development/rom-aokp-nougat-built-sidebar-launcher-t3558296
    Instructions: After downloading this, you do not need to edit the zip, it is ready for flashing, flash rom, gapps. Reboot, let it settle, then, go back into recovery and flash datazip #1. Reboot. Now you will see your cell phone signal as empty, select your apn, and set your phone to 3g mode. Then, after you get the H+ by your cell signal, you can switch back to LTE.

[ROM][OFFICIAL]NOUGAT Resurrection remix 5.8.0 (7.1.1)

https://xdaforums.com/note-edge/development/rom-nougat-resurrection-remix-5-8-0-7-1-t3509295
    Instructions: After making it flashable, flash rom, gapps. Reboot, let it settle, then, go back into recovery and flash datazip #1. Reboot. Now you will see your cell phone signal as empty, select your apn, and set your phone to 3g mode. Then, after you get the H+ by your cell signal, you can switch back to LTE.

[rom][6.0.1] aokp mm [n915t/n915f/n915fy/n915g]

https://xdaforums.com/note-edge/development/rom-aokp-mm-t3484354
    Instructions: After downloading the 6.0.1 bootloader version, you do not need to edit the zip, it is ready for flashing. Flash the rom, the gapps, and reboot. After it boots up the first time, go back to recovery and flash data zip #1. You should be good to go! If you have trouble, choose your apn, cycle between 3g and lte!

@finnigen2 found that this also works with Resurrection remix 5.8.1 (7.1.1) with the data fix with Mickey's TWRP 3.0.3.1_915F, see post #11 for details!
    @unimatrix725 found that this also works with TekX EPE2 [6.0.1] on a SM-N915R4 (U.S. Cellular), see post #13 for details!
    @JeremySS found that if you upgrade from TBLTEXX RR 5.8.0 to 5.8.1, you can flash data zip 2 to fix your issues, see post #15 for details!
    Just to clarify Alaksa. What's the difference between the two datafix zips? Do both need to be flashed?
    Great question!

At this time, you only need #1 for the two mentioned ROMs. #2 has the same files, but in slightly different folders, which may work on other ROMs, which keep them in different places. #2 MAY work better for TW roms, but you'll have to test it out sometime....

I tested out both ROMs, but only some initial testing, like rebooting. When you reboot, the cellular keeps working, so it is persistent, which is good! :D

I did notice one problem, which needs investigation: with Mickey's 3.0.2-0 TWRP, backing up works fine, but after a restore, the cellular doesn't work. Something like titanium backup, or some other app data backup and restore might be needed for backing up your data.

My wife is due Monday, so I will be taking a break for a little while, but don't worry, I'll be back. Be sure to post anything here as you try things out!