Sensation/XE in the Philippines

Search This thread

randzre

Mar 28, 2012
rooted but wanted to get the ics update

hey guys,

i had my sensation xe few months back and after several weeks of using it with stock rom, i was itching to root.. fortunately, i was able to finish rooting just last night by following the guide in one of the threads here. so right now im on revolotionary s-off, clockworkmod 5.0.2 , I didnt do the SUPERCID thingy though

problem is after rooting i discovered that ICS update is already available here in Phils., i already downloaded the update but i believe it wont go through because im on s-off.

would anyone here help me how to get the ics update?
do i need to go back to s-on to have my ICS update run?, if so, do you have a simplier guide how to go back to s-on?

can i just do it using rom manager?

should i be successful in getting the ics update and would want to go back to flashing custom rom, do i need to do the steps again for s-off?

alexverzosa

Feb 15, 2012
Manila
Question for those who applied the OTA ICS updata: Does your mobile network and /or wifi turn on by themselves sometimes? Thanks!

eilu1183

Dec 27, 2011
Quezon City
I didn't push through with the OTA, instead I switched from stock to Virtuous Inquisition. I felt that unrooting, going back to s-on and stock, updating and then getting s-off and rooting all over again takes too much time and effort. :p

bigchunks_atb

Jan 24, 2012

I got mine last November. Came with Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread, which later received Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread, and now I'm happy to report that I've been officially on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich since the other day.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

ANybody can suggest a good ,fast, stable rom for sensation..,IS ARHD Any good?maraming salamat po..

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Android Revolution HD is awesome. There are Sense-less versions, too. And, recently, the dev provided a version for ICS + Sense 4.0 (ported from leaked RUU of HTC One V [or was it S? can't recall]).

InsertCoin and RCMix are also great.

As far as custom ROMs for the Sensation are concerned, we practically have a buffet.

tohfhu

Oct 15, 2011
hey guys,

i had my sensation xe few months back and after several weeks of using it with stock rom, i was itching to root.. fortunately, i was able to finish rooting just last night by following the guide in one of the threads here. so right now im on revolotionary s-off, clockworkmod 5.0.2 , I didnt do the SUPERCID thingy though

problem is after rooting i discovered that ICS update is already available here in Phils., i already downloaded the update but i believe it wont go through because im on s-off.

would anyone here help me how to get the ics update?
do i need to go back to s-on to have my ICS update run?, if so, do you have a simplier guide how to go back to s-on?

can i just do it using rom manager?

should i be successful in getting the ics update and would want to go back to flashing custom rom, do i need to do the steps again for s-off?

You can still do an ota update when you're s-off, the thing is, you rooted your phone. You will have some problems having ota when rooted.

I suggest go super cid and just flash the 3.32..... Firmware and go ahead and flash a custom rom. It will be tons better than the official htc update and rom.

Sent from revolutionized HTC Sensation ICS

musmos

Oct 7, 2011
Quezon City
For those who received the ICS OTA update, do you have a bug which couldnt connect to internet thru mobile data? Also, do you have the face unlock features?

Just wanted to know cause one of my friend received the official ota update and experiencing the above issue.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA

DeactivatedProtocolDroid

Mar 29, 2012
Manila
For those who received the ICS OTA update, do you have a bug which couldnt connect to internet thru mobile data? Also, do you have the face unlock features?

Just wanted to know cause one of my friend received the official ota update and experiencing the above issue.

I got the ICS OTA the other day. I haven't experience any bug yet. I've been connected to the internet 24 hours. And yes, I got face unlock.

I hope devs here will cook Pinoy themed skin.

:)

randzre

Mar 28, 2012
You can still do an ota update when you're s-off, the thing is, you rooted your phone. You will have some problems having ota when rooted.

I suggest go super cid and just flash the 3.32..... Firmware and go ahead and flash a custom rom. It will be tons better than the official htc update and rom.

I think with the procedure i follwed in Anroid recovery manager, I got unrooted now I have s-off ICS i wanted to go be rooted again but the phone won't even accept the CWM recovery zip, therefore I cant root. is there any way i can root without thee CWM?

mexhex

Nov 5, 2010
Manila
having the same problem with you guys. minutes after midnight when i unlock my fone, wifi and data turns on automatically

i hope we'll get a fix on this soon

tohfhu

Oct 15, 2011
I think with the procedure i follwed in Anroid recovery manager, I got unrooted now I have s-off ICS i wanted to go be rooted again but the phone won't even accept the CWM recovery zip, therefore I cant root. is there any way i can root without thee CWM?
Go use revolutionary. Plus, I recommend using 4ext instead of CWM

marvdmartian

Nov 4, 2006
Cebu
Hey guys. Since I guess some of you also came from the DHD in the Philippines thread, tanong ko lang, sulit ba mag-upgrade from a DHD to a Sensation?

randzre

Mar 28, 2012
Wi, thanks for posting your reply but I already solved my problem apparently the bootloader was locked that's why it wasn't accepting the recovery zip I followed htcdev unlock bootloader procedure then used android recovery manager to flash cwm.

Well enough of that I'm now using mike"s ARHD 6.5.5 and loving all of it btw I love the 4ext touch

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA

randzre

Mar 28, 2012
I havn't tried dhd yet but I'm loving the performance of my sensation xe... It'll be a worthy upgrade

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA

Reactions: marvdmartian

shadowcraven

Mar 8, 2012
Batangas
Got mine last week from a friend. Still in original firmware (GB), planning to upgrade to ICS via OTA. Any tips to avoid any problem like phone restarting, apps don't work, etc.? Thanks.

DeactivatedProtocolDroid

Mar 29, 2012
Manila
Got mine last week from a friend. Still in original firmware (GB), planning to upgrade to ICS via OTA. Any tips to avoid any problem like phone restarting, apps don't work, etc.? Thanks.

A realiable internet connection is a must. LOL
Personally I prefer clean install... That is factory reset before and after updating.
And uh, make sure you have battery. Stating the obvious because a dumb friend of mine ran out of battery and for some other reasons it got corrupted according to her.

I wasn't able to see the phone to check it but she went to a service center.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I got the ICS OTA the other day. I haven't experience any bug yet. I've been connected to the internet 24 hours. And yes, I got face unlock.

I hope devs here will cook Pinoy themed skin.

:)

I got my Sensation XE as a gift las Christmas. Rooted and flashed a custom ROM within 2 hours. Very happy with my phone and, in general, with the Android platform. Came from iOS, I just love how "free" Android feels.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA App
    Viber is finally working on ICS :)
    Got mine last october. Oh, and also on globe postpaid. :D
    Do we have a Filipino sensation dev here?

I might :D, if time permits once final version released as I got more priorities and imagine there are 44+ cooked ROM to choose :D
    Mga kabayan, pa help po please. I bought a second hand htc sensation xe w/ beats, originally bought from Singapore(Singtel), the seller said that it was locked to Smart. When putting in a Globe SIM it states that "Your SIM does not allow a connection to this network"(it does not ask for an unlock code), no signal, but it obviously works with a Smart SIM. So I decided to try unlocking it on my own instead of paying for someone to do it(which is not cheap). I have researched and tried evertything, but still it says "Your SIM does not allow....", please help? Here is what I did so far:

1. Checked my IMEI's validity through an online tool and it came up okay(I have not called Smart, yet)
    2. Tried manually setting APN's
    3. Tried automatic registration
    4. Tried *#*#4636#*#* off/on radio, took out battery, waited for an hour, put it back again
    5. Tried clearing the s58 data with the nbh file, which was successfully done twice(BTW before I got to this step I had to unlock the bootloader, install CWM, root, JB S-off, downgrade firmware to 1.17 to run the nbh file, go back to 3.32)

Also, after clearing the s58 data, I have checked the mobile data, APN, etc. and have the same issue(works on a Smart SIM only). I do not know what to do at this point. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gamitin mo to,ginamit ko yan to unlock the sim of my XE.just download the script and flash via recovery,s-off kana kamo di no problem doing it...BTW bkit kpa nag downgrade?:confused:
    please hit the thanks button if this helped you in anyway
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1232107