System & context menus too large

Search This thread

cptsunshine

Feb 13, 2008
Bavaria
Hi,
This seems to be ROM-unrelated since i've had it on several.
On most Diamond ROMs context and soft-menus seem to be way too large. This is obviously some thumb-friendly setting, but i'd like to tone it down a little or turn it off completely. Does anyone know what registry key is involved ?
Note: this is unrelated to the large title bar setting, it is not affected by the general text size setting, and there is no option in schaps advanced config that i could find, so unless you are absolutely sure there's a setting in advanced config that changes this, please don't guess ;P
This seems to be completely application-unrelated. It's probably a system-wide setting...
for clarification i'm posting screenshots:

menus2vf7.png

menus1kr1.png

Last edited:

Mahmood

thats from htc raphaels ROM that bepe has made it possible for us to use in our diamond so in next build of his that will be fixed ask him for rgistry key or something or u can also use SKtools to change the fonts size overal thats the best option that u can do now use sktools and in tune up u can use change the font size !!!

cptsunshine

Feb 13, 2008
Bavaria
It's not bepe's rom. As I said I've seen it on multiple ROMs. This is christonge's.
I'll look into sktools later, but if anyone has a more precise answer, I'd of course be happy to hear it....

christonge

Dec 16, 2006
Madrid
I have used the same Reg edit with 900 also in the past as I prefer all the fonts at the same size.
Perhaps it's to the Raphael OEM packs that I used but it's easily adjusted...

liquidchrome

Jun 18, 2008
Teaneck, NJ
i used Advanced Config 3.3 to change the font size of the menus in mail or txt or any menu for that matter.

Load advanced config and expand User Interface, then scroll down to "Menu bar font size:" and change value to 900
Also change "Popup menu font size:" to 900

I like the 900 setting i tried 600 700 and 800 and they were all too small
1000 is default for Standard size and i believe the stock roms ship with Large as default.

I'm also not sure if those options are available on the stock roms, I am using the new released htc rom from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=478657

works pretty smoothly right after install and has no AT&T bloatware.
GPS works fine with google maps also. I tried it in Flushing, NY today and it found 11 satellites in under 10 seconds.