How to remove bootstrap completely to recieve a ota

Search This thread

Janker5050

Jan 15, 2011
Pittsburgh
Alot of people i see are still getting the update failed error...i was getting it and i found out i wasnt removing bootstrap completly..so heres the process i use
1. Go into titanium backup and find razr bootsrap
2. Click wipe data then uninstall
3.Go to root explorer or es file explorer
4. Navigate to system/ bin
5.In the bin folder you will find two files..."logwrapper" and "logwrapper.bin." Delete the file that is named just "logwrapper."Then go to the logwrapper.bin file and click rename. DELETE the". bin" so your just left with "logwrapper."
6.Reboot and except the ota

This will work only if you are stock rooted......

Sent for my maxxed out razr

Last edited:

Janker5050

Jan 15, 2011
Pittsburgh
Also if you didnt use voodo to backup root.....you can use motofail to root. 181.....i did with no issues

danh18

Nov 1, 2010
Miami
Alot of people i see are still getting the update failed error...i was getting it and i found out i wasnt removing bootstrap completly..so heres the process i use
5.In the bin folder you will find two files..."logwrapper" and "logwrapper.bin." Delete the file that is named just "logwrapper."Then go to the logwrapper.bin file and click rename. DELETE the". bin" so your just left with "logwrapper."

When I try to delete logwrapper ES file explorer says "logwrapper cannot be deleted". I even tried renaming it something else like logwrapper2 or logwrapperbak and it says "sorry, operation failed". Any ideas?

Im on stock rooted rom, ota 748 xt912 verizon.

Thanks

Ronin3178

Oct 26, 2010
When I try to delete logwrapper ES file explorer says "logwrapper cannot be deleted". I even tried renaming it something else like logwrapper2 or logwrapperbak and it says "sorry, operation failed". Any ideas?

Im on stock rooted rom, ota 748 xt912 verizon.

Thanks

Do you have root enabled on es? Our you could just use root explorer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

joeyboots13

Feb 26, 2009
Did not work. Really kinda frustrating. Buddy of my has same phone same basic setup yet his went through first time. Mine......not so much

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

draga277

Jan 1, 2012
Ehm, I'm on cwm for GSM, and I've this problem: with ES file explorer, I can't find system folder! And I can't even find the logwrapper with search option! :eek:
How can I resolve?

Hymizzle

Oct 22, 2010
I didn't remove bootstrap recovery and ota went without any problems, just had to reroot.

Phone so sharp, I sliced myself.

thadroidz

Sep 6, 2010
]I found this in my log...

" Verifying current system...
failed to stat "/system/app/VZWIM.apk": No such file or directory
file "/system/app/VZWIM.apk" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to stat "/data/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/VZWIM.apk", "42c79537fd1c731d331368bee41923e8e6c20c71", "67b41ea216f98d59e6acba7ad92ad7108f667412")
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/VZWIM.apk", "42c79537fd1c731d331368bee41923e8e6c20c71", "67b41ea216f98d59e6acba7ad92ad7108f667412")
E:Error in /cache/Blur_Version.6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted."

Cache/recovery /last log

Can't figure out why its failed, the vzmim. Apk was renamed to (.bak) .
I navigate to the file and click as to instal and get the "parsing" error.

Edit : lmfao @ :) those weren't there

----posted maxx'ed out--

Giblet535

Apr 4, 2012
How I succeeded

I tried the OP and several other things that seemed to make sense at the time, and then I gave up:

1. TiBu all user apps, unchecking the red items
  2. RSD to the .173 AP Fastboot image
  3. OTA update to .181
  4. MotoFail root
  5. Installed TiBu, restored user apps + data
  6. Safeboot Recovery
  7. New nandroid backup
  8. Ta da

AndroidGreg

Mar 18, 2012
Weird, I had bootstrap for a while, just deleted from the app drawer like any other app, and the 181 ota went just fine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Did not work. Really kinda frustrating. Buddy of my has same phone same basic setup yet his went through first time. Mine......not so much

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

Did you remount the filesystem R/W? It's read-only (R/O) by default...