[DEV][WIP][PORT][4.1] Android 4.1 Jelly Bean JRN84D [6.30.12]

Search This thread

CooLoserTech

Mar 13, 2012
Hey guys,
Im going to attempt to port Android 4.1 Jelly Bean from DaXmax's base and will try to show you the progress I make + photo's etc just to keep you updated.

How am I doing this?

-Use the latest Rom base for Jelly Bean from DaXmax
-Latest CM9 nightly build for libraries, vendors etc..
-Modified CM9 kernel
-Use my brains alot

I will post in this thread daily with answers and that kind of shizzle.

What Works:
-Wifi (thanks to steven676)
-Integrated Root
-It boots
-Touchscreen
-Bluetooth
-GPU
-Camera
-Soft keys
-NFC
-Project Butter
-SDcard
-ADB
-USB Debugging

What Doesn't Work:
-Audio
-3G/Any Connection
-Ambient Light Sensor
-Other stuff I dont yet know about.

Screenshots:
new screens coming in a bit

Booting and Butter is working smooth like a babies butt

Download:
OLD: http://d-h.st/utf (no wifi)
v1.2: Uploading tomorrow morning, time to get some rest
Thanks to DaXmax ans steven676 for allowing me to work off of their bases and steven676 for the wifi issue!

Last edited:

budm

Jun 28, 2010
South Bend
Lol I was just about to post my build lol and then I saw this. Exact same features, lol. I feel almost any port At the moment is gonna have these same bugs. (for our devices) If you need any assistance I am definitely open to helping, just beware, Jelly bean is my first port.

Also I do have the Root integrated you just need to use the newest version of SU. Get it here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1737824

Last edited:

F3AR420

Oct 9, 2011
in a house
Thanks a lot for working on this. I if you need any testers lemme know. Pm me.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

CooLoserTech

Mar 13, 2012
Lol I was just about to post my build lol and then I saw this. Exact same features, lol. I feel almost any port At the moment is gonna have these same bugs. (for our devices) If you need any assistance I am definitely open to helping, just beware, Jelly bean is my first port.

Also I do have the Root integrated you just need to use the newest version of SU. Get it here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1737824

Thanks for this. Although i just got root right as you said that hehe

CooLoserTech

Mar 13, 2012
Im currently trying to get Wifi Working. If anybody has any suggestions or anything. Please share it is much appreciated

Last edited:

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
damn i wish i was smart... i'd tell you how to fix wifi... but i'm only good with theming right now lol

epicdroider

Apr 17, 2011
n00b question...?

First and foremost, thanks for the hard work! Really looking forward to running JB on my NS4G (mostly because of Project Butter, always been jealous of iOS running so smooth and nice, here's our chance!)...

Just wondering, I noticed you and another user, Indirect, are both working on JB ports... are there any significant differences I should know about? (in regards to rooting one ROM over the other?)

Thanks again! Can't wait!

msr4

Apr 25, 2010
Colorado
I'm not going to flash this just yet. I'll wait until Wi-Fi or at least mobile data is up and going. Nice to see you're making some fast progress!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    Im going to attempt to port Android 4.1 Jelly Bean from DaXmax's base and will try to show you the progress I make + photo's etc just to keep you updated.

How am I doing this?

-Use the latest Rom base for Jelly Bean from DaXmax
    -Latest CM9 nightly build for libraries, vendors etc..
    -Modified CM9 kernel
    -Use my brains alot

I will post in this thread daily with answers and that kind of shizzle.

What Works:
    -Wifi (thanks to steven676)
    -Integrated Root
    -It boots
    -Touchscreen
    -Bluetooth
    -GPU
    -Camera
    -Soft keys
    -NFC
    -Project Butter
    -SDcard
    -ADB
    -USB Debugging

What Doesn't Work:
    -Audio
    -3G/Any Connection
    -Ambient Light Sensor
    -Other stuff I dont yet know about.

Screenshots:
    new screens coming in a bit

Booting and Butter is working smooth like a babies butt

Download:
    OLD: http://d-h.st/utf (no wifi)
    v1.2: Uploading tomorrow morning, time to get some rest
    Thanks to DaXmax ans steven676 for allowing me to work off of their bases and steven676 for the wifi issue!
    You're not the thread owner. You have no jurisdiction over closing threads.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

to close a thread you need to show 2 forms of I.D. verifying you as the owner of the thread. then you must fill out proper thread closure form BU-7 and turn in form BU-7 at window A4 at the DMV during normal operating hours three (3) buisness days before prefered date of thread closure, failure to do so will result in a closure time of our choice.

:p
    Thanks to steven676 a wifi fix is coming soon!
    Wifi is working, that means Google Now is working! Now i just need to get Reception to work right now i get "No Service"

I will upload the new base tomorrow morning, also the size is less than the v1.0 which most of you would like
    Ya im sorry guys, im having problems with 1.2. Just use 1.1 as a preview of what to expect in jelly bean. Its not stable to be used as a dily driver. When the source gets released, expect it... ;)